Praying Against The Enemies At The Gate
21 Days Fasting and Prayer for Open Doors. Our Night of Divine Encounter comes up on the last day 4th February - Today's Prayer Theme: Praying Against The Enemies At The Gate. Join us on Friday, February 4th, 2021 for the Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST. Theme: The Keys of The Kingdom
Praying Against The Enemies At The Gate
Today, we are going to be praying against the enemies at the gate. Every country, city, home or neighborhood has gates. Gates are both entry as well as exit points. Whoever controls the gates controls the city. This is greatly realized during time of war in the physical realms.
When Samaria was besieged, the enemies had to stay at the gate. There was no buying and selling in Samaria. The people could not go outside the city for fear of attack by the enemies. All the economic activities were paralyzed and there was a great famine in the land. The situation was so bad that some had to be killing their sons for food. God eventually intervened and he had to defeat the enemies at the gate before there could be abundance in the land.
When God built a hedge around Job the devil could not penetrate. The enemy can be at the gate but the hedge built around you will not permit the enemies to touch you. It was only when the hedge was removed that Satan had the opportunity to penetrate. Satan attacked Job, his business, his health and killed all his children only because God removed the hedge. By Job’s acts of righteousness, God restored everything that he lost and God gave him double of what he had earlier, especially when he prayed for his friends. We will be praying against the enemies at the gate and we pray that God will destroy all the enemies at your gates in Jesus’ name.
The Four Gates To Your Heart
You have to take care of the four gates to your heart. Your two eyes and the two ears are the major gates to your heart. You need to confront the enemies that could penetrate through these gates so that the devil will not have the chance to penetrate. Be careful of what you listen to and what you watch. The enemies can penetrate through what we watch or what we listen to. We have to cast out every imagination and every thought that wants to exalt itself above the knowledge of Christ. That is how to destroy the enemies at the gate.
The enemies penetrated through the eyes of David. He saw a naked woman and he did not confront the enemy quickly. He fell as a result of this and Satan was able to penetrate into his family. It was such a devastating experience for David. Satan also penetrated by speaking to Eve and by showing her how good the forbidden fruit is. She acted on what Satan told her and on what she saw. She ate the fruit and gave some to her husband. That was what led to the downfall of man. Samson was a man anointed mightily by God.
The enemies could not overpower him until they passed through the gates of his eyes. He could not take his eyes off anything under skirt. That was what led to his downfall. I pray that God will give you the grace to confront the enemies at the gate in Jesus’ name and you will be more than conquerors.
- Father, I thank you for building your Church and I thank you for destroying the gates of hell. Lord, I thank you for taking care of the enemies at the gate
And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
2. Father, I command the gates to lift up their heads in Jesus’ name. I establish new gates which are gates of righteousness with the angels of God guarding them in Jesus’ name. I pray that the King of Glory will come into my home, into my city and into this nation in Jesus’ name.
Lift up your heads, you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. 8 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle
3. Father, I come against rulers, authorities and powers of this dark world. I come against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms in Jesus’ name.
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
4. Father, I pray for the grace to control my eyes. I pray that I will not fall into the trap of the enemies through what I watch in Jesus’ name.
One day while Samson was in Gaza, he saw a prostitute and went to her house to spend the night.
5. Father, I pray that the devil will not be able to take advantage of me through my eyes and my ears in Jesus’ name. I destroy all the enemies at the gate of my heart in Jesus’ name.
Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”
2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”
4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.
6. Father, I pray for the grace to watch and pray. Lord, deliver me from the trap of the enemies in Jesus’ name.
2 Samuel 11:1-4
In the spring, at the time when kings go off to war, David sent Joab out with the king’s men and the whole Israelite army. They destroyed the Ammonites and besieged Rabbah. But David remained in Jerusalem.
2 One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, 3 and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, “She is Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite.” 4 Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her. (Now she was purifying herself from her monthly uncleanness.) Then she went back home
7. Father, I pray that you will deal with the enemies at the gate. I pray that all the forces that have besieged me will be destroyed so that there will be abundance in my land in Jesus’ name.
2 Kings 6:24-25
24 Afterward Ben-hadad king of Syria mustered his entire army and went up and besieged Samaria. 25 And there was a great famine in Samaria, as they besieged it, until a donkey’s head was sold for eighty shekels of silver, and the fourth part of a kab of dove’s dung for five shekels of silver.
8. Father, I pray that you will deal with the enemies at the gate that are hindering me from my inheritance. Lord, I pray that you will destroy their gates, destroy their walls and confront the enemies in Jesus’ name.
Now the gates of Jericho were securely barred because of the Israelites. No one went out and no one came in.2 Then the Lord said to Joshua, “See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men. 3 March around the city once with all the armed men. Do this for six days. 4 Have seven priests carry trumpets of rams’ horns in front of the ark. On the seventh day, march around the city seven times, with the priests blowing the trumpets. 5 When you hear them sound a long blast on the trumpets, have the whole army give a loud shout; then the wall of the city will collapse and the army will go up, everyone straight in.”
9. Father, I pray that you will build a hedge around me. I pray that the enemies will not be able to penetrate through my gates in Jesus’ name
“Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.
10. Father, I pray that you will build a wall of fire around me in Jesus’ name. I pray that you will consume all the enemies trying to penetrate through my gates and you will be my glory within.
And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,’ declares the LORD, ‘and I will be its glory within.’
11. Father, I pray that my offspring shall possess the gates of their enemies in Jesus’ name. I pray that you will surely multiply my offspring as the stars of heavens and as the sand is on the seashore.
Genesis 22:17 (ESV)
I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven and as the sand that is on the seashore. And your offspring shall possess the gate of his enemies
Genesis 24:60 (Berean Study Bible)
And they blessed Rebekah and said to her, “Our sister, may you become the mother of thousands upon thousands. May your offspring possess the gates of their enemies.”
12. Father, I pray that my children will confront the enemies at their gates in Jesus’ name. I pray that they will defeat those enemies and they will remain victorious in Jesus’ name
As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. 5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate
Stream live on our website from Mondays to Thursdays from 15th January and 4th February, 2022 from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -9pm MST on Fridays. Join us on February 4th for our Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you a first time visitor to our website and you will like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.