Praying For Church Leaders Part 2
Day 18: 40 DAYS PRAYER, FASTING AND WORSHIP FEB 3rd to MARCH 14th, 2021. 2021, A YEAR OF NEW BEGINNING - ISAIAH 43:17-19
The Church leaders need renewal of strength because of the enormous work that they do. So, we need to pray for them that their strength will be renewed. Also, it is not all those who started the race well that finish well. When a Church leader in particular, misses the target and goes astray, the Church becomes a subject of reproach. Judas started well but ended badly. Apostle Paul said that he had to put his body under subjection so that he would not be disqualified for the prize after he had preached to others (1 Corinthians 9:24-27). This shows that there is every tendency for a man of God to miss heaven. Moses, on the account of the pressure he was subjected to by the Church in the wilderness, was unable to enter the promised land because he did not carry out God’s instructions properly (Numbers 20:9-12).
It is very important that the Church leaders manage their home well. Eli missed it on the account of the misbehavior of his children (1 Samuel 2:12-17). Aaron lost his two Children, Nadab and Abihu, because they offered strange fire (Numbers 3:4). As strong as Samuel was, his children also put a dent in his ministry and that was why the children of Israel for a king (1 Samuel 8:4-20). Our Church leaders need prayers, so that they don’t miss it on account of their children. They also need prayers so that they will constantly preach the right message and not introduce heresy into the Church. They need our prayers so that they can finish strong.
Matthew 26:31; Zechariah 13:7; Numbers 3:4; Matthew 27:3-5; Numbers 20:9-12; 1 Samuel 2:12-17; Psalm 32:8; Proverbs 3:5-6; Proverbs 24:10; Isaiah 41:10; Isaiah 55:8-9; Jeremiah 33:3; Matthew 11: 28-30; Matthew 16:18
1. God, we pray that you preserve our Church leaders and shield them from every attack of the enemy. We know that whatever happens to them has a great impact on the Church. Lord, keep them so that they don’t fall away in Jesus’ name.
“Then Jesus told them, “This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written: “‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.”
“Awake, sword, against my shepherd, against the man who is close to me!” declares the LORD Almighty. “Strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered, and I will turn my hand against the little ones.”
2. Lord, we pray that the children of our Church leaders will always do the will of God and their children will not ruin their ministry in Jesus’ name. We pray that the children of our church leaders will be God-fearing in Jesus’ name.
“Nadab and Abihu, however, died before the LORD when they made an offering with unauthorized fire before him in the Desert of Sinai. They had no sons, so Eleazar and Ithamar served as priests during the lifetime of their father Aaron.”
3. Lord, we pray for our Church leaders that they will finish their race well in Jesus’ name. They will not end up like Judas in Jesus’ name
“Judas saw that they had decided to kill Jesus. He was the one who had handed him over. When he saw what happened, he was very sorry for what he had done. So he took the 30 silver coins back to the priests and the older leaders. Judas said, “I sinned. I handed over to you an innocent man to be killed.” The Jewish leaders answered, “We don’t care! That’s a problem for you, not us.” So Judas threw the money into the Temple. Then he went out from there and hanged himself.”
4. Lord, we pray that our Church leaders will continually carry out God’s assignment fully in Jesus’ name. They will not miss it on account of Church members in Jesus’ name
“So Moses took the stick from in front of the Lord, as he had said. Moses and Aaron gathered the people in front of the rock, and Moses said, “Now listen to me, you who turn against God! Do you want us to bring water out of this rock?” Then Moses lifted his hand and hit the rock twice with his stick. Water began pouring out, and the people and their animals drank it. But the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not believe me, and because you did not honor me as holy before the people, you will not lead them into the land I will give them.”
5. Lord, we pray for the children of our Church leaders that they will live rightly and not be a dent to their parents ministry in Jesus’ name.
1 Samuel 2:12-17
“Eli’s sons were scoundrels; they had no regard for the Lord. 13 Now it was the practice of the priests that, whenever any of the people offered a sacrifice, the priest’s servant would come with a three-pronged fork in his hand while the meat was being boiled 14 and would plunge the fork into the pan or kettle or caldron or pot. Whatever the fork brought up the priest would take for himself. This is how they treated all the Israelites who came to Shiloh. 15 But even before the fat was burned, the priest’s servant would come and say to the person who was sacrificing, “Give the priest some meat to roast; he won’t accept boiled meat from you, but only raw.” 16 If the person said to him, “Let the fat be burned first, and then take whatever you want,” the servant would answer, “No, hand it over now; if you don’t, I’ll take it by force.” 17 This sin of the young men was very great in the Lord’s sight, for they[a] were treating the Lord’s offering with contempt.”
6. Lord, we pray that you will teach our Church leaders and instruct them in the way that they should go and guide them with your eyes in Jesus’ name
“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.”
7. Father, we pray for all our Church leaders that you will constantly guide them and they will not lean on their own understanding in Jesus’ name
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”
8. Lord, we pray for all our Church leaders that they will not faint in the day of adversity in Jesus’ name. Lord, we pray that you will always be their present help in times of need and strengthen them in Jesus’ name.
“If you faint in the day of adversity, Your strength is small.”
“Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
9. Father, we pray that you will constantly reveal your thoughts to the Church leaders in Jesus’ name. They will not go outside your will for the Church in Jesus’ name
“For My thoughts are not your thought, Nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord, For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.”
10. Lord, we pray that you will continually show our Church leaders great and mighty things as they call upon you in Jesus’ name. We pray that you will be with our Church leaders and let none of their words fall to the ground in Jesus’ name
“Call unto Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.”
1 Samuel 3:19
“The LORD was with Samuel as he grew up, and he let none of Samuel’s words fall to the ground”
11. Lord, we pray that our Church leaders will constantly learn from you in Jesus’ name. As they constantly labour in your vineyard, Lord give them rest in Jesus’ name. Lord, take away their heavy burden and give them rest in Jesus’ name.
Matthew 11: 28-30
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
12. Lord, we pray that everything that you turn every impossibility to possibility for our Church leaders in Jesus’ name. Lord, we pray that all things will work together for their good in Jesus’ name
“The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.”
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”
13. Father, we pray that you frustrate the plans of all forces that is against our Church leaders in Jesus’ name
“If God is for us, who can be against us?”