Praying For the Power of the Holy Spirit
Praying For the Power of the Holy Spirit
Today, we will be praying for the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus commanded His disciples to wait in Jerusalem until they receive the Holy Spirit and power. You can not operate in the supernatural without the power of the Holy Spirit. The world is not looking for just what you say Jesus can do. They need the proof to show that He can truly do what you said He can do. If you say that Jesus can heal, they will bring people with all manners of sicknesses and diseases and tell you to pray so that He can heal them. It is not enough to say that Jesus opened the blind’s eyes in the past. The world needs proof that Jesus can still do it today. You need the power of the Holy Spirit for these supernatural manifestations.
Wait Until You Receive The Power of The Holy Spirit
Immediately after God baptized the disciples with the Holy Spirit and power, they began to operate in the realm of the supernatural. Peter and John met a man who had been lame for forty years at the portico of the Beautiful Gate. He commanded him to rise up and walk and immediately, he began to walk. God anointed Peter so much that he performed all manners of miracles. At a point, his shadow began to heal all manners of sickness and diseases. He also delivered those that are demon possessed.
The power that the disciples received on the day of Pentecost was also useful in the salvation of souls. Peter preached just one message on the day of Pentecost and God saved three thousand souls. As we pray for the power of the Holy Spirit today, I pray that the Lord will baptize us and fill us with His power. From now on, we will begin to do great and mighty exploits in Jesus’ name. We will start walking in the realm of the supernatural in Jesus’ name.
- Father, I pray that you will baptize me with your Holy Spirit according to your promise in Jesus’ name
If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
2. Father, I pray that you will fill me to the brim with your Holy Spirit
Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit
3. Father, I pray that you will fill me with your Holy Spirit and power. Lord, I receive the power to witness about Jesus all over the world in Jesus’ name
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
4. Father, I pray that you will fill me with the power of the Holy Spirit as I begin the assignment that you have committed into my hands in Jesus’ name. I do not only need you as the initiator of this assignment but also as the executor. Help me in executing my assignment in Jesus’ name
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
5. Lord, fill me with your Holy Spirit to the brim. Let there be no room for the manifestation of the flesh in Jesus’ name
“Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness”
6. Father, fill me with the power of your Holy Spirit, so that I can be your witness, in my Jerusalem (Calgary) and also in Judea (Canada), in Samaria (North America) and to the ends of the earth in Jesus’ name
” On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.” 6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
7. Father, I pray that by the power of your Holy Spirit, the heavens will open up and there will be abundant rain in Jesus’ name.
“By His breath the heavens are cleared; His hand has pierced the fleeing serpent.”
8. Lord, I pray that just like your Holy Spirit was involved at the beginning during creation, everything that I need in ministry, in my home, in my business and everything I need to fulfill my assignment shall be supplied in abundance in Jesus’ name.
“You send forth Your Spirit, they are created; And You renew the face of the ground”
9. I pray that the Holy Spirit will come upon me so that I will start to conceive godly ideas, great innovations, clarity in God’s purpose and assignments in Jesus’ name.
“The angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.”
10. Lord, I pray, let me die to the flesh and to be alive by your Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name
1 Peter 3:18
“For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit”
11. Father I pray that you will put your Spirit within me and I will come to life in Jesus’ name. Every good thing that is dead in my body, dead in my ministry, dead in my business, dead in my home will come back to live by the power of the Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name
“Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel; behold, they say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope has perished. We are completely cut off.’ Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, My people. I will put My Spirit within you and you will come to life, and I will place you on your own land. Then you will know that I, the Lord, have spoken and done it,” declares the Lord.”
12. Lord I receive the grace to preach the gospel by the power of the Holy Spirit and in the power of signs and wonders in Jesus’ name.
“In the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit; so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.”
13. Lord I pray that my preaching will not be with persuasive words of man’s wisdom but in the demonstration of the Spirit and of power in Jesus’ name
1 Corinthians 2:4
“and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power”
14. Lord I pray that I will not preach the gospel in words only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit, with full conviction in Jesus’ name
1 Thessalonians 1:5
“For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction; just as you know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake.”
15. Father, I pray for the grace to move every mountain before me by the power of the Holy Spirit. I pray that every mountain before me will become plain in Jesus’ name. I pray that I will start walking in the supernatural realm in Jesus’ name
“Then he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel saying, ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts. ‘What are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become a plain; and he will bring forth the top stone with shouts of “Grace, grace to it!”
Early Morning Cry
To be a part of the corporate prayers during this 100 Days fasting and prayer, join us for the Early Morning Cry starting from Monday 2nd January to 11th April, 2023 from 5am to 6am MST. Watch Live through the Church’s Website, Facebook , Twitter or YouTube Page.
Would you like to be a member of BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. . Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.