Praying Against Addiction
Night of Divine Encounter Prayers Day 4 - Prayer Of Consecration - Monday, June 29th, 2021. Theme: Let my people go
Praying Against Addiction
Addiction is defined as the need or strong desire to do or to have something, or a very strong liking for something. We have a few examples of those who are addicted in the scriptures. Samson was addicted to strange women. Even though he had been warned not to have anything to do with strange women by the virtue of his consecration, yet, he had an appetite for women. It was that appetite for strange women that destroyed him.
Solomon is another example of someone who was addicted to women. He was a very wealthy king who was full of wisdom. He had an encounter with God. God was willing to establish his kingdom forever according to the promise He made to his father David. However, he destroyed the plans of God for his life due to his addiction to women.
Many today are addicted to hard drugs. Some are also addicted to strange women. Some are addicted to masturbation and they don’t know how to get out of the mess. We serve a God who has the power to free you from all forms of addiction. Addiction can be in the form of a love of money. That rich man could not trade giving his money to the poor for following God. Prostitution is also a form of addiction. But God has the power to deliver from all forms of addictions.
Whatever you are addicted to has become your god
Today, we have children who are addicted to games and this is adversely affecting their academics. Some are addicted to social media. The devil has stolen valuable time that such people are supposed to spend with God or to do meaningful things that will make them progressive. Many are addicted to pornography and this has almost ruined their lives. There is a power from God that can deliver from every form of addiction. As we pray today, the Lord will give you freedom from every form of addiction in Jesus’ name.
Are you in any form of addiction and need deliverance? God’s power is available to deliver you from any lustful desires. Do you know someone who is addicted and needs deliverance? Pray these prayer points and see the mighty hands of God setting them free today in Jesus’ name.
Prayer Points Against Addiction
- Pray for the grace to have self-control in Jesus’ name. Also, pray that you will not be like a city broken into and left without walls. Pray that God will deliver you from every addiction in Jesus’ name
“A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.”
2. Pray that God will give you the Spirit of self-control in Jesus’ name. Pray that the spirit of addiction will be destroyed. Instead, pray that God will give you the Spirit of power and love and self-control in Jesus’ name
2 Timothy 1:7
“For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”
3. Lord, I know that the grace of God has appeared and it has brought salvation to all people. I also know that your grace has the capacity to teach us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives. I pray that your grace will be sufficient for me in Jesus’ name It will teach me to renounce ungodliness and worldly passion in Jesus’ name
“For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age…”
4. Cast off the works of darkness in your life and pray that you will continually put on the armor of light in Jesus’ name
“The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light.”
5. Pray for the grace to walk not as unwise but as wise in Jesus’ name. Pray that you will be delivered from every form of addictions in Jesus’ name
“Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise.”
6. Lord please fill me with the Holy Spirit and let me be controlled constantly by your Spirit in Jesus’ name
”And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit…”
7. God, deliver me from every form of temptation in Jesus’ name. I pray that I will not be tempted beyond my ability but with the temptation, God will constantly provide a way of escape for me in Jesus’ name
1 Corinthians 10:13
“No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.”
8. I pray that the plan of the devil to lure me into sinful habits will be aborted in Jesus’ name
1 Peter 5:8
“Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.”
9. Lord, I pray that the spirit of lust we have no place in my life in Jesus’ name. Destroy every ungodly habit in my life and the lives of my loved ones in Jesus’ name. Father, destroy every ungodly habit in this city and this nation in Jesus’ name. Let righteousness be our watchword in the city of Calgary and the nation of Canada in Jesus’ name
“Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. Let no one say when he is tempted, ‘I am being tempted by God,’ for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin, when it is fully grown, brings forth death.”
10. Father, deliver me from the desires of the eyes, the desires of the flesh, and pride in possessions in Jesus’ name. I pray that I will not love the world nor everything in the world in Jesus’ name
1 John 2:16
“For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world.”
11. Lord, I pray that I will not be enslaved by anything in Jesus’ name. I break off of any habit that is injurious to my life in Jesus’ name
1 Corinthians 6:12
‘All things are lawful for me,’ but not all things are helpful. ‘All things are lawful for me,’ but I will not be enslaved by anything.”
12. I severe myself from any bad company that is making me do the wrong thing in Jesus’ name
1 Corinthians 15:33
“Do not be deceived: ‘Bad company ruins good morals. “
13. I resist and rebuke the devil in the name of Jesus. I submit to the perfect will of God and I pray that I am delivered from every besetting sin that easily entangles me in Jesus’ name
“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
14. I pray that the God of all grace who has called me to his eternal glory in Christ will restore, confirm, strengthen and establish me in Jesus’ name
1 Peter 5:10
“And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.”
15. I receive the grace to abstain from the passions of the flesh in Jesus’ name. I pray that I am freed and delivered from the worldly passion that wage war against my soul in Jesus’ name
1 Peter 2:11
“Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul.”
16. I pray that I will not be led astray by any bad habits in Jesus’ name. I receive the wisdom of God and I pray that I am freed from the worldly passion in Jesus’ name
“Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise.”
17. Father, I pray that you will lead us not into temptation, but deliver me from evil in the name of Jesus
“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.”
18. I am free from every addiction in Jesus’ name because Jesus has set me free, I know that I am free indeed. So I decree that as from today I am delivered from lust and every form of addiction in the name of Jesus
“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”
19. I pray that every suffering I have gone through in the past due to any form of addiction will produce endurance and the endurance will produce character and the character will produce hope in Jesus’ name. I pray against every shameful habit and I decree that I am free because the love of God has been poured into my heart through the Holy Spirit who has been given to me. So I am free in Jesus’ name.
“More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.”
20. I pray that I will not be a slave of corruption in the name of Jesus. Corruption will not overcome me, but I will be a slave of righteousness in the name of Jesus
2 Peter 2:19
“They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that, he is enslaved.”
21. I receive the grace to stand firm in the freedom that Jesus Christ has given to me in Jesus’ name. I will no longer submit to the yoke of slavery again due to worldly passions in Jesus’ name
“For freedom, Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.”
22. I will put on the Lord Jesus Christ and I will not make a provision for the flesh. I will not gratify the desires of the flesh in Jesus’ name
“But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires.”
23. I receive the strength to do all things because Jesus has strengthened me. I receive the grace to stop every ungodly habit in Jesus’ name
“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
24. Lord, I pray that by the mercies of God, I receive the grace to present my bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God. I know that this is my spiritual worship, so I pray that I will not be conformed to this world but I will be transformed by the renewal of my mind in Jesus’ name. I test and discern what is the will of God and I will discern what is good, acceptable, and perfect in the sight of God in Jesus’ name.
“I appeal to you, therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
Stream live on our website from Monday 26th June to 1st July from 7 pm – 8 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, July 2nd for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Will you like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.