Praying Against Oppression
Night of Divine Encounter Prayers Day 5 - Prayer Of Consecration -Wednesday, June 30th, 2021. Theme: Let my people go
Praying Against Oppression Of The Devil
Oppression is the state of being subject to unjust treatment or control. Oppression is synonymous with persecution, abuse, maltreatment, ill-treatment, tyranny, or despotism. It is the will of God to deliver us from every oppression of the devil.
In Luke 10:19, the scripture says, “ I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.” We all know that that ancient serpent is Satan who tempted Eve in the garden of Eden. God has given us the authority to trample on snakes and scorpions. That means that the dwelling place of Satan should be under our feet.
We have authority over demonic oppression
We also have the authority to overcome all the power of the enemy. If we look closely at that bible verse in Luke 10, it says “To overcome all the power of the enemy.” The enemy is singular and not plural. This means we have only one archenemy which is Satan. We also have the authority to overcome all his power. Take note of the word “all”. Jesus said ‘all” and not some. He also said, “Nothing will harm us.”
We take solace in the Word of God. We can be set free from all the demonic oppression. While Jesus was on earth He did that over and over again. He set free all who were oppressed by the devil. The Apostles also followed in His footsteps. This means that this is what Jesus expects from us.
Today, if anyone is under the influence of the oppression of the devil, he will be set free in Jesus’ name. Pray these prayers and see the glory of the Lord.
Prayer Points: Praying Against Oppression
- I pray and decree that every force of darkness oppressing me in one form or the other will take their leave now in the name of Jesus. Take your filthy hands off my health, my finances, my children, my ministry, and my business in Jesus’ name
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
2. Take authority over every power of darkness and demonic oppression in your home and over your life in Jesus’ name. Resist the enemy, that ancient serpent, and put him where he belongs, which is under your feet. Trample on every snakes and scorpions. Pray that you will overcome all the power of the enemy. In Jesus’ name we pray.
“ I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.”
3. The eternal God is my refuge and underneath are the everlasting arms, so I pray and declare that my enemy is being thrust out right now in Jesus’ name. I pray that he shall destroy all my enemy right now and I shall be freed from every form of oppression in Jesus’ name
The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.
4. God, my hiding place, I pray that you will preserve me from trouble and compass me with deliverance in Jesus’ name.
You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.
5. Father, I pray that your angels will encamp round about me and deliver me from all the oppression of the enemies in Jesus’ name
The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
6. Lord, I pray that you will be a shelter for me and a strong tower from the enemy. I am freed from all of oppression of the enemies. In Jesus’ name I pray
For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
7. Deliver me Lord out of the hand of the wicked. Deliver me, Lord, from the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man in Jesus’ name
Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.
Make This Confession:
I dwell in the shelter of the Highest and abide under the shadow of the Almighty. The Lord is my refuge and my fortress and He is my God in whom I trust. The Lord will deliver me from the snare of the fowler and the deadly pestilence. God will cover me with His feathers and under His wings, I will find refuge. His faithfulness is my shield and buckler. I will not fear the terror of the night nor the arrows that fly by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes by noon day. A thousand may fall at my side and ten thousand at my right hand but it will not come near me.
I will only look with my eyes and see the recompense of the wicked. I have made the Lord my dwelling place. The Highest is my refuge. No evil shall befall me and no plague will come near my tent. God will command his angels concerning me to guard me in all my ways. On their hands, they will bear me up, lest I strike my foot against a stone. I will tread on the lion and the adder; the young lion and the serpent I will trample underfoot.
I hold fast to God in love and He will deliver me; He will protect me because I know His name. When I call Him, He will answer. He will be with me in trouble; He will rescue me and honor me. With long life, He will satisfy me and show me His salvation. In Jesus’ name, I have prayed. Amen!
Psalm 91: 1-7
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say1 to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” 3 For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. 4 He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. 5 will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, 6 nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday. 7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
Psalm 91: 8-16
8 You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked. 9 Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place— the Most High, who is my refuge— 10 no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague will come near your tent. 11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. 12 On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone. 13 You will tread on the lion and the adder; the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.
14 “Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. 15 When he calls me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
9. I am strong in the Lord and I put on the full armor of God. I stand against the devil’s schemes and oppression over my life and my family in Jesus’ name
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.”
10. Lord, I thank you because you are faithful. I pray that you strengthen me and protect me from the evil one in Jesus’ name
2 Thessalonians 3:3
“But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.”
11. I know from the scriptures that the weapons I have are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary my weapons have divine power to demolish strongholds, arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. So, I take authority over all demonic forces and I demolish strongholds, arguments, and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God in Jesus’ name. I take captive of every thought and make obedient to Christ in Jesus’ name
2 Corinthians 10:4-5
“The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
12. I come against the devil in the name of Jesus. Lose your grip over my life, loose your grip over my finances, loose your grip over my children, loose your grip over my health, lose your grip over my business, and lose your grip over my home, loose your grip over my wife in Jesus’ name. I also resist you over the church of God in BKCC, because Jesus said he will build His church and the gate of hell shall not prevail over the Church. Therefore, lose your grip over the Church in Jesus’ name
1 Peter 5:8-9
“Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.”
13. God has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and He has brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, so I am free from the dominion of darkness in Jesus’ name. Now, I have redemption and the forgiveness of sins in Jesus’ name
“For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.”
14. God, deliver me and set me free from the yoke of the devil. Redeem me by the outstretched arm and with the mighty acts of judgment. In Jesus’ name I pray.
“Therefore, say to the Israelites: ‘I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment.
15. I pray that in every area of my life where I have been crippled by any forces of darkness, I receive my total freedom today in Jesus’ name. I am free from every spirit of infirmity in Jesus’ name. Because Jesus has set me free, I know that I am free indeed
10 On a Sabbath Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues, 11 and a woman was there who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not straighten up at all. 12 When Jesus saw her, he called her forward and said to her, “Woman, you are set free from your infirmity.” 13 Then he put his hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and praised God.
14 Indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, the synagogue leader said to the people, “There are six days for work. So come and be healed on those days, not on the Sabbath.”
15 The Lord answered him, “You hypocrites! Doesn’t each of you on the Sabbath untie your ox or donkey from the stall and lead it out to give it water? 16 Then should not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen long years, be set free on the Sabbath day from what bound her?”
17 When he said this, all his opponents were humiliated, but the people were delighted with all the wonderful things he was doing.
16. Lord, I pray that you will silence every opposition to my breakthrough in Jesus’ name. I receive my liberty today and I come against every demonic activity over my life in Jesus’ name – (Luke 13:10-17)
17′ Father, deliver me like you delivered the man of Gadara. Free everyone who is oppressed by demons today and set them free. In Jesus’ name I pray.
When Jesus came to the territory of Gadara on the other side of the lake, he was met by two men who came out of the burial caves there. These men had demons in them and were so fierce that no one dared travel on that road. 29 At once they screamed, “What do you want with us, you Son of God? Have you come to punish us before the right time?”
30 Not far away there was a large herd of pigs feeding. 31 So the demons begged Jesus, “If you are going to drive us out, send us into that herd of pigs.”
32 “Go,” Jesus told them; so they left and went off into the pigs. The whole herd rushed down the side of the cliff into the lake and was drowned.
33 The men who had been taking care of the pigs ran away and went into the town, where they told the whole story and what had happened to the men with the demons. 34 So everyone from the town went out to meet Jesus; and when they saw him, they begged him to leave their territory.
18. Pray against all the forces of darkness in your vicinity. Resist the devil and all who are disguising and hiding under good deeds to commit evil. Pray that the Lord will expose every work of darkness today. Pray that there will be deliverance from every oppression of the devil. In Jesus’ name we pray.
16 Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a female slave who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. 17 She followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved.” 18 She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” At that moment the spirit left her.
19 When her owners realized that their hope of making money was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace to face the authorities. 20 They brought them before the magistrates and said, “These men are Jews, and are throwing our city into an uproar 21 by advocating customs unlawful for us Romans to accept or practice.”
22 The crowd joined in the attack against Paul and Silas, and the magistrates ordered them to be stripped and beaten with rods. 23 After they had been severely flogged, they were thrown into prison, and the jailer was commanded to guard them carefully. 24 When he received these orders, he put them in the inner cell and fastened their feet in the stocks.
Will you like to stream live?
Stream live on our website from Monday 26th June to 1st July from 7 pm – 8 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, July 2nd for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Will you like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.