Praying For God’s Anointing Part 3
Day 37: 40 DAYS PRAYER, FASTING AND WORSHIP FEB 3rd to MARCH 14th, 2021. 2021, A YEAR OF NEW BEGINNING - ISAIAH 43:17-19.
Short Exhortation About God’s Anointing
Our God is sovereign, so God’s anointing can rest upon a child even prior to his or her conception. Jeremiah 1:5 says, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” So, God has anointed Jeremiah and appointed him to be a prophet to the nations even before he was conceived. In the case of Samson, he had been consecrated and set apart for God even while he was still in the womb. The angel of the Lord told Samson’s mother that the child will be consecrated and be a Nazarite right from the womb. The angel told her what she could eat and what she must not eat so that the child will remain consecrated right from the womb (Judges 13:2-5).
God’s anointing was also upon John the Baptist right from the womb. The angel of the Lord told Zechariah that John will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he was born. He also gave Zechariah some instructions on how the child should be consecrated right from the womb. The angel of the Lord while speaking to Zechariah in Luke 1:15 said, “For he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.” Jesus was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, so right from the womb, he has been anointed (Matthew 1:18). What this means is that God can anoint your children even right from the womb.
We all need to guard God’s anointing jealously after we have received it, so that we don’t lose it. We realize in all the scriptures quoted above that before we can receive God’s anointing, there is a level of consecration that we must attain. If we refuse to continually consecrate ourselves, we can lose God’s anointing just like Samson did. Samson was constantly doing what was contrary to the instructions given to the mother about what he needed to do for him to be constantly consecrated. At the end of the day, his strands of anointing were cut off on the laps of Delilah.
Samson was always running after strange women. He could not control his eyes. Eventually, those eyes that Samson could not control were plucked out by the Philistines. I guess that was the greatest help they could render to Samson. After his eyes were removed, he did greater exploits at his death than he did even before his eyes were removed.
King Saul also started well. He was anointed and the Spirit of God came upon him. He however misbehaved by disobeying God and the Spirit of God left him (Judges 16:7-22). So, after we have received God’s anointing, we need to ensure that we continually live a consecrated life, so that we will not lose it.
Genesis 28:18; Zechariah 4:6; 1 Samuel 16:13; Genesis 1:1-3; Exodus 40:15; Jeremiah 1:5; Judges 13:2-5; Luke 1:13-15; Matthew 1:18; 1 Samuel 16:14; Judges 16:7-22
1. Lord, I thank you for your anointing upon my life and I bless you for your anointing upon my children and my household in Jesus’ name. Thank you for the great plans you have for me and my children. Thank you Lord for choosing me and for setting me apart right from the womb. In Jesus’ name.
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
2. Father, I pray that you will anoint my children and consecrate them for yourself. Samson was anointed right from the womb. I pray that my children and all the children that will come out of my loins will be anointed and consecrated for you in Jesus’ name. They will understand God’s purpose for their lives even at their tender age in Jesus’ name
“A certain man of Zorah, named Manoah, from the clan of the Danites, had a wife who was childless, unable to give birth. The angel of the Lord appeared to her and said, “You are barren and childless, but you are going to become pregnant and give birth to a son. Now see to it that you drink no wine or other fermented drink and that you do not eat anything unclean. You will become pregnant and have a son whose head is never to be touched by a razor because the boy is to be a Nazirite, dedicated to God from the womb. He will take the lead in delivering Israel from the hands of the Philistines.”
3. God, I pray that my children will be filled with the Holy Spirit and live according to your plans and purpose for their lives in Jesus’ name. I pray that they will not depart from the ways of the Lord in Jesus’ name
“But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.”
4. Lord, we know that the conception of Jesus was by the power of the Holy Spirit. I pray that your Holy Spirit and your anointing upon my life will give me the ability to conceive great ideas in Jesus’ name. I will have a deeper revelation into your Word by your anointing upon my life in Jesus’ name
“This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit.”
5. Father, I pray that your Spirit will not depart from me in Jesus’ name. I will not lose God’s anointing upon my life by disobedience to your Words in Jesus’ name. I will guard the anointing of God upon my life well in Jesus’ name.
1 Samuel 16:14
“Now the Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him.”
6. Lord, I pray that your power and anointing will be in BKCC in Jesus’ name. We will see your hands in everything that we do in Jesus’ name
“So early in the morning Jacob took the stone that he had put under his head and set it up for a pillar and poured oil on the top of it”
7. Father, I pray that every mountain that seems immovable by power or might shall be moved right now because of your anointing upon my life in Jesus’ name
“Then he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of hosts.”
8. Lord, let your Spirit come powerfully upon me as you anoint me today in Jesus’ name. Father, anoint me and let it be visible for all to see in Jesus’ name
1 Samuel 16:13
“So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon David. Samuel then went to Ramah.”
9. Father, I pray that as you anoint me today, i will start operating in your creative power in Jesus’ name. I pray that everything without form in my life, business or my ministry be transformed by the power of your anointing in Jesus’ name
“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light”
10. Lord, I pray that the anointing that will come upon me today shall be transgenerational in Jesus’ name. It will also come upon my children and my lineage as from now on in the name of Jesus
“And anoint them, as you anointed their father, that they may serve me as priests. And their anointing shall admit them to a perpetual priesthood throughout their generations”
11. Father, I pray that I will not desecrate my body which is your temple in Jesus’ name. I will not defile my body and thereby lose your anointing in Jesus’ name. I receive the grace to keep myself from strange women and from anything that will make me lose God’s anointing upon my life in Jesus’ name. I receive the grace to tow the path of righteousness so that God’s grace and anointing upon my life can increase mightily in Jesus’ name.
Samson answered, “If they tie me up with seven new bow strings that are not dried out, I’ll be as weak as anybody else.” So the Philistine kings brought Delilah seven new bowstrings that were not dried out, and she tied Samson up. She had some men waiting in another room, so she shouted, “Samson! The Philistines are coming!” But he snapped the bowstrings just as thread breaks when fire touches it. So they still did not know the secret of his strength.
Delilah said to Samson, “Look, you’ve been making a fool of me and not telling me the truth. Please tell me how someone could tie you up.” He answered, “If they tie me with new ropes that have never been used, I’ll be as weak as anybody else.” So Delilah got some new ropes and tied him up. Then she shouted, “Samson! The Philistines are coming!” The men were waiting in another room. But he snapped the ropes off his arms like thread.
Delilah said to Samson, “You’re still making a fool of me and not telling me the truth. Tell me how someone could tie you up.” He answered, “If you weave my seven locks of hair into a loom, and make it tight with a peg, I’ll be as weak as anybody else.” Delilah then lulled him to sleep, took his seven locks of hair, and wove them into the loom. She made it tight with a peg and shouted, “Samson! The Philistines are coming!” But he woke up and pulled his hair loose from the loom.
So she said to him, “How can you say you love me, when you don’t mean it? You’ve made a fool of me three times, and you still haven’t told me what makes you so strong.” She kept on asking him, day after day. He got so sick and tired of her nagging him about it that he finally told her the truth. “My hair has never been cut,” he said. “I have been dedicated to God as a Nazirite from the time I was born. If my hair were cut, I would lose my strength and be as weak as anybody else.”
When Delilah realized that he had told her the truth, she sent a message to the Philistine kings and said, “Come back just once more. He has told me the truth.” Then they came and brought the money with them. Delilah lulled Samson to sleep in her lap and then called a man, who cut off Samson’s seven locks of hair. Then she began to torment him, for he had lost his strength. Then she shouted, “Samson! The Philistines are coming!”
He woke up and thought, “I’ll get loose and go free, as always.” He did not know that the LORD had left him. The Philistines captured him and put his eyes out. They took him to Gaza, chained him with bronze chains, and put him to work grinding at the mill in the prison. But his hair started growing again.