Praying For God’s Anointing Part 2
Day 36: 40 DAYS PRAYER, FASTING AND WORSHIP FEB 3rd to MARCH 14th, 2021. 2021, A YEAR OF NEW BEGINNING - ISAIAH 43:17-19.
Short Exhortation About God’s Anointing
God’s anointing has the capacity to bring you out of obscurity into limelight. Before king David was anointed, he was doing some exploits in the bush but no one noticed him. He killed a lion and a bear but all his exploits were just in the bush and were unnoticed. He was playing his musical instrument in obscurity and not in the palace. When God’s anointing came upon him, he became the most qualified person in the land to play his musical instrument for king Saul to be relieved of his mental disorder. God’s anointing also made David the only qualified man to face Goliath. The anointing turned him from a local hero to a national hero.
On the other hand, the anointing can also make you a subject of attack for those who envy the grace of God upon you. However, the good news is that you can be attacked but you can never be defeated. King Saul plotted against David several times and he attempted to kill him but he was unable to do so. The reason is that God’s anointing has the capacity to protect the anointed. God’s anointing has the capacity to shield you from all harms. Jesus was also subjected to all forms of attack by the Pharisees and the Sadducees but they could not harm him until He willingly laid down His life.
God’s anointing puts special marks on you that serves as a warning to the enemies that you are untouchable. Galatians 6:17 says, “From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.” Psalm 105:15 also says, “Do not touch my anointed ones; do my prophets no harm.” God’s anointing has the capacity to prevent you from all forms of harm. Also, God’s anointing can turn you from an ordinary man to an extraordinary man. Saul went to Samuel as an ordinary man, but by the time he left Samuel’s presence, he had become an extraordinary man simply because God’s anointing came upon him. He started prophesying with the prophets. God’s anointing can also attract favour from men and it can lead to your speedy promotion.
God’s anointing has the capacity to enthrone you and lack of God’s anointing can dethrone you. When the anointing came upon Saul, the Holy Spirit came upon him and he became the king in Israel. When the Spirit of God left king Saul, he became just an ordinary positional leader but the power to occupy that position left him. 1 Samuel 10:1 says, “Then Samuel took a flask of oil and poured it on his head and kissed him and said, “Has not the Lord anointed you to be prince over his people Israel? And you shall reign over the people of the Lord and you will save them from the hand of their surrounding enemies. And this shall be the sign to you that the Lord has anointed you to be prince over his heritage.” King Saul was anointed to save God’s people from the enemies. However, the moment the Spirit of God left him, he was unable to face Goliath. It was David, the man with the anointing who killed Goliath, and that was the task that king Saul was supposed to do. We pray that God’s anointing will rest and abide on us in Jesus’ name.
Exodus 40:9; Leviticus 8:12; Psalm 45:7; 1 Kings 19:16; Leviticus 8:30; Leviticus 8:10; 1 Samuel 10:1; 2 Corinthians 1:21-22; Acts 4:27; Psalm 105:15; Genesis 28:18; Zechariah 4:6; Genesis 1:1-3; Hebrews 1:9; Exodus 40:15; Luke 4:18-19
Prayer Points About God’s Anointing :
1. Lord, I thank you for pouring your anointing oil on my head. Thank you Lord for anointing me and consecrating me for your special assignment. In Jesus’ name I have prayed
And he poured some of the anointing oil on Aaron’s head and anointed him to consecrate him
2. Father, I pray that you will consecrate everything that belongs to me. Consecrate me Lord in Jesus’ name. The tabernacle and all that is in it was consecrated in the time of Moses, today, I am your temple, so, consecrate me and all that is within me in Jesus’ name
“Then you shall take the anointing oil and anoint the tabernacle and all that is in it, and consecrate it and all its furniture, so that it may become holy”
3. God, I pray for the grace to love righteousness and the grace to hate wickedness. I pray that as I do so, Lord anoint me with the oil of gladness beyond my companions in Jesus’ name
“You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness. Therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions”
“You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions”
4. Father, I need your anointing to reign as king on earth, to function in the office you have called me into and to fulfil my assignment on earth, so I pray that you will anoint me mightily Lord in Jesus’ name
1 Kings 19:16
“And Jehu the son of Nimshi you shall anoint to be king over Israel, and Elisha the son of Shaphat of Abel-meholah you shall anoint to be prophet in your place”
5. Lord, anoint me, my wife and children in Jesus’ name. I pray that you will also anoint my garments and everything that belongs to me in Jesus’ name. Paul’s aprons and handkerchief was performing extraordinary miracles, I pray that I will experience such also in my ministry in Jesus’ name
“Then Moses took some of the anointing oil and of the blood that was on the altar and sprinkled it on Aaron and his garments, and also on his sons and his sons’ garments. So he consecrated Aaron and his garments, and his sons and his sons’ garments with him”
“Then Moses took the anointing oil and anointed the tabernacle and all that was in it, and consecrated them”
6. Father, I pray that your anointing will come upon me and turn me to an extraordinary man in Jesus’ name. I pray that your anointing will enthrone me and give me the ability to fulfil your plans and purposes for my life in Jesus’ name
1 Samuel 10:1
“Then Samuel took a flask of oil and poured it on his head and kissed him and said, “Has not the Lord anointed you to be prince over his people Israel? And you shall reign over the people of the Lord and you will save them from the hand of their surrounding enemies. And this shall be the sign to you that the Lord has anointed you to be prince over his heritage”
7. Lord, I pray that you will anoint me and put your seal on me in Jesus’ name. Father, give me your Spirit in my heart as a guarantee in Jesus’ name
2 Corinthians 1:21-22
“And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee”
8. God, I pray that as you anoint me, all that gather or gang up against me shall be defeated in Jesus’ name
For truly in this city there were gathered together against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel,
9. Father, I pray that your anointing will make me untouchable for the enemies in Jesus’ name. Every power that tries to harm me shall be destroyed in Jesus name because of your anointing upon my life.
“Saying, “Touch not my anointed ones, do my prophets no harm”