Praying For Homes & Marriages Pt 2
Day 27:40 DAYS PRAYER, FASTING AND WORSHIP FEB 3rd to MARCH 14th, 2021. 2021, A YEAR OF NEW BEGINNING - ISAIAH 43:17-19
Short Exhortation About Homes and Marriages
Praying for our homes and marriages is very important. Faithfulness to our marriages is equally important. Many prayers are hindered today because of unfaithfulness in the marriage institution. When a man is unfaithful to his wife, it hinders the answers to his prayers. Malachi 2:13-14 says, “Another thing you do: You flood the Lord’s altar with tears. You weep and wail because he no longer looks with favor on your offerings or accepts them with pleasure from your hands. You ask, “Why?” It is because the Lord is the witness between you and the wife of your youth. You have been unfaithful to her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.”
Moreover, if a man does not treat his wife with respect nor show consideration to her, his prayers can be hindered also. 1 Peter 3:7 says, “Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.” Hence We need to clearly understand the scriptures and obey the Word of God so that we do not become the architect of the problem.
We must constantly pray for homes and marriages because many homes are at the verge of divorce. In Malachi 2:15-16, God said that He hates divorce. Today, it is so unfortunate that what God hates has now become the normal trend now in the society, and unfortunately, the Church is also not left out. The rate of divorce has increased and it is fast becoming a norm and even fashionable among some Christians. We have to stop this trend through prayer and sharing the knowledge of the Word of God.
Today, many homes are going through pain because there are no fruits of the womb. Sarah went through such pain and suggested to Abraham to sleep with Hagar thinking that she could have a child through her. Rachael went through similar pressure before she gave birth to Joseph and Benjamin. Hannah was in pain and agony due to lack of a child. However, all the barren women mentioned in the bible eventually had children except Michal who spoke wrongly to her husband. We will be praying for marriages of those who are trusting God for the fruits of the womb, that God will turn every barrenness to fruitfulness in Jesus’ name.
Malachi 2:13-14; Malachi 2:15-16; Psalm 85:10; 1 Samuel 1:9-10; 1 Peter 3:7; Song of Solomon 2:16; 1 John 4:7; Romans 12:10; John 15:12; Proverbs 5:18-19; Proverbs 12:4; Proverbs 18:22; James 1:17; Proverbs 18:22
Prayer Points For Homes And Marriages
1. Lord, we thank you for every home and marriage. We know that every good and perfect gift comes from you. We also know that finding a wife is a good thing and it is a favour from the Lord. Thank you Lord for the blessing of marriage.
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”
“Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.”
2. Father, we pray for the grace for every husband to be faithful to their wives in Jesus’ name. As husbands do that, we pray that you will have favour on their offering and grant them answers to their prayers in Jesus’ name
“Another thing you do: You flood the Lord’s altar with tears. You weep and wail because he no longer looks with favor on your offerings or accepts them with pleasure from your hands. You ask, “Why?” It is because the Lord is the witness between you and the wife of your youth. You have been unfaithful to her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.”
3. Lord, we pray that there will be no divorce in marriages again in Jesus’ name. Husbands and wives will not break their trusts in Jesus’ name. Husbands and wives will truly become one body and one spirit according to your plans and purpose in Jesus’ name. We pray that the children who are products of marriage will be true to God and serve God wholeheartedly in Jesus’ name.
“God made husbands and wives to become one body and one spirit for his purpose—so they would have children who are true to God.”
So be careful, and do not break your promise to the wife you married when you were young. The Lord God of Israel says, “I hate divorce. And I hate people who do cruel things as easily as they put on clothes,” says the Lord All-Powerful. So be careful. And do not break your trust.
4. Father, let there be faithful love among husbands and wives in Jesus’ name. Let there be faithful love in our homes in Jesus’ name
“Faithful love and truth have met; righteousness and peace have kissed.”
5. God, we pray for fruitfulness in each home in Jesus’ name. We pray for all who are trusting you for the fruits of the womb that you will answer them speedily in Jesus’ name. Lord, remove every pain and sorrow in homes in Jesus’ name. Just like you answered Hannah, Sarah and Rachael, God, bless those all who are expecting fruits of the womb in Jesus’ name
1 Samuel 1:9-10
“Once after a sacrificial meal at Shiloh, Hannah got up and went to pray. Eli the priest was sitting at his customary place beside the entrance of the Tabernacle.[a] 10 Hannah was in deep anguish, crying bitterly as she prayed to the Lord.”
“Then one of them said, “I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son.” Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him.”
6. Lord, we pray that husbands will be considerate with their wives and treat them with respect in Jesus’ name. As they do this , we pray that their prayers will not be hindered in Jesus’ name
1 Peter 3:7
“Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.”
7. Father, we pray that there will be a genuine love between husbands and wives in Jesus’ name. The God’s kind of love will be entrenched in all homes in Jesus’ name
1 John 4:7
“Dear friends, let’s love each other, because love is from God, and everyone who loves is born from God and knows God.”
“Love each other like the members of your family. Be the best at showing honor to each other.”
“This is my commandment: love one another just as have I loved you.”
8. God, we pray that all men will be faithful to their wives in Jesus’ name. We destroy every spirit of unfaithfulness in Jesus’ name
“May your spring be blessed.Rejoice in the wife of your youth. She is a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts intoxicate you all the time; always be drunk on her love.”
9. Lord, we pray that women in all homes will be strong and be like crowns to their husbands in Jesus’ name. They will not be involved in disgraceful acts in Jesus’ name.
“A strong woman is a crown to her husband, but a disgraceful woman is like rot in his bones.”