Praying For Homes & Marriages Pt 1
Day 26: 40 DAYS PRAYER, FASTING AND WORSHIP FEB 3rd to MARCH 14th, 2021. 2021, A YEAR OF NEW BEGINNING - ISAIAH 43:17-19
Short Exhortation About Homes and Marriages
So many homes and marriages are under attack today. Marriage is the first institution ordained by God and it is the first institution that the devil attacked. The scripture says, “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.” (Hebrews 13:4). One of the ways marriages are being attacked today is through adultery and sexual immorality.
The home is the smallest unit of the Church. It gives the opportunity for two or three people to constantly meet and fellowship together. Matthew 18:20 says, “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them” The marriage institution is constantly attacked by the devil. We therefore need to constantly pray for homes and marriages. The devil does not like a home where there is a constant fellowship with God. The devil attacked the home of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden and soiled the relationship between man and God. He is still in the business of doing that today.
For anyone to even stand in the office of a Bishop, he must be faithful to his wife and be able to manage his family well (1 Timothy 3:1-6). This shows us how important our homes and marriages are. We also need to pray for those who are still single so that they will marry rightly. Samson missed it on the account of a wrong relationship with the wrong women (Judges 16:1-31). We pray that God will keep our homes and marriages in Jesus’ name.
Ephesians 5:28-30; 1 Timothy 3:1-6; Song of Songs 4:9-10; Ruth 1:16-17; Song of Solomon 3:2; Ecclesiastes 4:9-12; Genesis 2:24; Ephesians 5:25; Song of Solomon 8:6-7; Genesis 1:27-28; Proverbs 3:3; 1 Corinthians 13:4-8; Matthew 19:6; Psalm 85:10
1. God, we thank you for originating the marriage institution. We thank you for your plans and purposes for homes and marriages. We thank you for creating male and female in your image. We thank you Lord because your plans and purpose for marriages is to be fertile and multiply. We thank you Lord for giving us dominion over everything you have created. In Jesus’ name we have prayed.
“This is the reason that a man leaves his father and mother and embraces his wife, and they become one flesh.”
“God created humanity in God’s own image, in the divine image God created them, male and female God created them. God blessed them and said to them, ‘Be fertile and multiply; fill the earth and master it. Take charge of the fish of the sea, the birds in the sky, and everything crawling on the ground.’”
2. Lord, we pray that there will be love in every home. Husbands will love their wives just like they love their own body and just like Christ loves the Church in Jesus’ name
“That’s how husbands ought to love their wives — in the same way as they do their own bodies. Anyone who loves his wife loves himself. No one ever hates his own body, but feeds it and takes care of it just like Christ does for the church because we are parts of his body.”
3. Lord, we pray for the homes and marriages of all our Church leaders that it will be a reflection of what the scripture says in 1 Timothy 3:1-6. Our Church leaders will love their wives and they will be able to manage their homes effectively in Jesus’ name. They will give a good example for the Church to follow in Jesus’ name
1 Timothy 3:1-6
“This is a trustworthy saying: If anyone aspires to be an overseer, he desires a noble task. 2An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, a temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3not dependent on wine, not violent but gentle, peaceable, and free of the love of money.
4An overseer must manage his own household well and keep his children under control, with complete dignity. 5For if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how can he care for the church of God? 6He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same condemnation as the devil. 7Furthermore, he must have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the snare of the devil.”
4. Father, you said in your Word that two are better than one, so we pray that this will be the result in all homes and in every marriage in Jesus’ name. There will be a good return for every hard work put into every marriage in Jesus’ name. Husband and wife will continually lift up each other in Jesus’ name
“Two are better than one because they have a good return for their hard work. If either should fall, one can pick up the other. But how miserable are those who fall and don’t have a companion to help them up! Also, if two lie down together, they can stay warm. But how can anyone stay warm alone? Also, one can be overpowered, but two together can put up resistance. A three-ply cord doesn’t easily snap.”
5. Lord, we pray that you will raise highly dedicated women like Ruth in marriages. Father raise women who will be completely dedicated to their marriage and who will contribute their quota to make their marriage work in Jesus’ name
“But Ruth replied, ‘Don’t urge me to abandon you, to turn back from following after you. Wherever you go, I will go; and wherever you stay, I will stay. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. Wherever you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord do this to me and more so if even death separates me from you.’”
Song of Solomon 3:2
“No sooner did I depart from them than I found the one whom I love with all my heart. I held on to him and now I won’t let him go, until I’ve brought him to my mother’s house, to the chamber of the one who conceived me.”
6. Lord, we pray that you will raise husbands that will love their wives just like Christ loves the Church in Jesus’ name
“As for husbands, love your wives just like Christ loved the church and gave himself for her.”
Song of Solomon 8:6-7
“Set me as a seal over your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is as strong as death, passionate love unrelenting as the grave. Its darts are darts of fire — divine flame! Rushing waters cannot quench love; rivers can’t wash it away. If someone gave all his estate in exchange for love, he would be laughed to utter shame.”
7. God, we pray that loyalty and faithfulness will be so strong in marriages in Jesus’ name. Lord, destroy every spirit of disloyalty and unfaithfulness in Jesus’ name
“Don’t let loyalty and faithfulness leave you. Bind them on your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart.”
8. Father, we pray that you will establish true love in all homes and marriages in Jesus’ name, We pray for God’s kind of love that will be a pattern of the description in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 in Jesus’ name
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
“Love is patient, love is kind, it isn’t jealous, it doesn’t brag, it isn’t arrogant, it isn’t rude, it doesn’t seek its own advantage, it isn’t irritable, it doesn’t keep a record of complaints, it isn’t happy with injustice, but it is happy with the truth. Love puts up with all things, trusts in all things, hopes for all things, endures all things. Love never fails. As for prophecies, they will be brought to an end. As for tongues, they will stop. As for knowledge, it will be brought to an end.”
9. We pray against all forces of darkness that try to pull apart marriages in Jesus’ name
“So they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore, humans must not pull apart what God has put together.”
10. God, we pray that husband and wife will constantly see their union as a union of two forgivers in Jesus’ name. There will be a sincere love in marriages that easily forgive each other in Jesus’ name. We come against every root of bitterness, hot temper, and anger in marriages in Jesus’ name.
1 Peter 4:8
“Above all, show sincere love to each other, because love brings about the forgiveness of many sins.”
“Put aside all bitterness, losing your temper, anger, shouting, and slander, along with every other evil. Be kind, compassionate, and forgiving to each other, in the same way God forgave you in Christ.”