Praying For Kings And Nations Part 1
Day 30: 40 DAYS PRAYER, FASTING AND WORSHIP FEB 3rd to MARCH 14th, 2021. 2021, A YEAR OF NEW BEGINNING - ISAIAH 43:17-19
Short Exhortation About Praying For Kings And Nations
We are admonished by God through the scriptures to pray for kings and nations. By kings I mean those who are in positions of authority. If we examine the Lord’s prayer very well in Matthew 6:9-13, Jesus taught his disciples how the structure of their prayers should look like. He says, “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” Jesus expected us to pray that God’s will be done on earth as it is in heaven. So, praying that the kingdom of God will be established on earth is very important.
God has the capacity to make nations great and He also has the capacity to destroy them. God can enlarge nations and He can also disperse them. Jobs 12:23-24 says, “He makes nations great, and destroys them; he enlarges nations, and disperses them. He deprives the leaders of the earth of their reason; he makes them wander in a trackless waste.” Also, from Daniel 4:17, we realize that God rules in the affairs of men. No one ever gets to power without His knowledge. God rules over the kingdom of mankind and He bestows it on whomever He desires and sets over it the humblest and lowliest of men.
As children of God, we have the power to control what is happening in our nations through our prayers. 1 Timothy 2:1-2 says, “I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.” The power to live peaceful lives as Christians is in our hands. When we pray and intercede for all people, for kings and those in authority, we will live a peaceful and quiet life in all godliness and holiness. We don’t need to be in the government house before we can affect what happens in our nations. We can actually change the world on our knees when we pray.
Acts 17:26; 2 Chronicles 7:14; 1 Timothy 2:1-2; Matthew 6:9-13; Psalm 33:6-12; Isaiah 2:4; Psalm 22:27-28; Romans 13:1; Jeremiah 29:7; Proverbs 21:1; 1 Peter 2:17; Jobs 12:23-24; Proverbs 11:14; Proverbs 14:34; Proverbs 9:10; 1 Peter 2:9; Philippians 2:5-11; Psalm 2:1-12; Psalm 122:6
1. Father, we thank you for nations and for all our leaders. We thank you for kings and for those who are in authority. We bless you God because we know that you are the one who made all nations through one man that they should inhabit the whole earth. Lord, we bless you because you are the one who marked out the boundaries of the earth. Lord accept our thanks in Jesus’ name.
“From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.”
1 Timothy 2:1-2
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.”
2. Lord, if there is any way we have sinned against you as your people, we pray that you will forgive us in Jesus’ name. In any way the sin of Christians have affected the land, Father please forgive us and heal our land in Jesus’ name
2 Chronicles 7:14
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
3. Lord, we know that you rule in the kingdom of mankind and you bestow it on whomever you desire, so we pray that every tree that you have not planted in all nations of the earth shall be rooted out in Jesus’ name. We pray that you will give us men who fear the Lord as kings in all nations of the earth in Jesus’ name
“This sentence is by the decree of the angelic watchers And the decision is a command of the holy ones, So that the living may know [without any doubt] That the Most High [God] rules over the kingdom of mankind And He bestows it on whomever He desires And sets over it the humblest and lowliest of men.”
“He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.”
4. Father, we pray that your will will be done on earth as it is in heaven in Jesus’ name
“This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”
5. Lord, we pray that all the earth will fear you and revere you in Jesus’ name. We pray against every plan that is not of God in all nations that you will foil in Jesus’ name. Every purpose that is against the will of God shall be thwarted in Jesus’ name. We pray that the plans of the Lord shall stand firm forever throughout the nations of the world in Jesus’ name.
“By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth. He gathers the waters of the sea into jars; he puts the deep into storehouses. Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the people of the world revere him. For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm. The Lord foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations. Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his inheritance.”
6. God, we pray that there will be peace all over the world in Jesus’ name. Your Word says that nation will not take up sword against nation nor will they train for war anymore. So, we pray that there will be peace all over the world in Jesus’ name.
“He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.”
7. Father, we pray according to your Word that all the earth will remember you and turn to God in Jesus’ name. We pray that all the families of the nations will bow down before you in Jesus’ name.
“All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him, for dominion belongs to the Lord and he rules over the nations.”
8. Lord, we pray that you will give us the grace to respect the governing authorities according to your Word. We know that there is no authority except that which God has established, so we pray all in positions of authority in our nation that will continue to give them wisdom to lead us well in Jesus’ name
“Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.”
9. Father, we pray that there will be peace in our nation in Jesus’ name. We pray that our nation will prosper and as our nation prospers, we pray that we will prosper also in Jesus’ name
“Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.”
10. Lord, your Word says that the king’s heart is a stream of water that you channel towards those who please you, so I pray that as I please you, the kings of nations will favour me in Jesus’ name
“In the Lord’s hand the king’s heart is a stream of water that he channels toward all who please him.”
11. Father, we pray for the grace to constantly obey your Word that says we should honour the emperor. So we pray for presidents of nations that you will lead them and guide them rightly in Jesus’ name. We pray that they will not take any step that is contrary to your will in Jesus’ name
1 Peter 2:17
“Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.”
12. Lord, we pray that you will make my nation great and enlarge this nation in Jesus’ name. Lord, please don’t deprive the people in authority in this nation of their reason in Jesus’ name.
“He makes nations great, and destroys them; he enlarges nations, and disperses them. He deprives the leaders of the earth of their reason; he makes them wander in a trackless waste.”