Praying For The Power Of Consistency
Day 7: 40 DAYS PRAYER, FASTING AND WORSHIP FEB 3rd to MARCH 14th, 2021. 2021, A YEAR OF NEW BEGINNING - ISAIAH 43:17-19
Short Exhortation About The Power Of Consistency:
Today, we will praying for the power of consistency. One of the reasons why many don’t experience the power or the move of God in their lives is because they give up before they receive their miracles. You can imagine, when God gave Joshua the instructions that they should go round the walls of Jericho once each day for six days, and go round the walls seven times on the seventh day. If they had stopped going round the walls on the sixth day, they would not have received their miracles. Also if they had gone round the walls just six times on the seventh day, they would not have received their miracles. Consistency is very key for you to receive your miracles (Joshua 6). Job 14:14 says, “All the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change comes” In Luke 18:1, Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Even God refused to give up on His project. When He made man and put him in the garden of Eden, that project failed. There is a way a manufacturer expects his products to function. When that product malfunctions, that project has failed. That was what happened to man and he chased them out of the garden of Eden. But God did not give up. He tried again. When the ways of men were evil and they were entrenched in wicked acts according to Genesis 6:1-8, God was angry with the man that He made, he destroyed that project by wiping them out of the face of the earth, but he tried again. He started again with Noah and his family who found favour before Him. When that project failed He tried again. He had a relationship with one man called Abraham, according to Genesis 12:1-5. The Israelites failed many times, He will punish them and try again by restoring the relationship. He maintained that relationship until Jesus Christ came to restore that glory that we had lost in the garden of Eden. The reason why God has not given up on you and I despite all our sins and atrocities is because He is a consistent God.
God fought the Egyptians with plagues ten times before the Israelites were finally released from captivity by Pharaoh. God did not give up on that project. In Genesis 26:18-26, Isaac dug again the well that his father Abraham had dug before but the Philistines blocked it. He did not say that because his father failed on that project he will give up. Though the Philistines kept on blocking the well but he kept on digging again until he dug and the Philistines gave up on blocking the well. He named the well Rehoboth because he said “For now the Lord has made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land” (Genesis 26:22). If God had stopped working on the fifth day during creation He would not have created one of his finest creatures, MAN. In 2 Kings 13:14- 19. Elisha told Jehoash king of Israel to take a bow and some arrows and he should shoot an arrow of victory over Aram. He told him that he will completely destroy the Arameans at Aphek. He told him to strike the ground and he did it only three times. The man of God said that he would have completely destroyed the Arameans if he had done it up to five or six times. Today, we will be praying for the power of consistency, so that we don’t give up before actualizing our dreams.
Genesis 26:18-26; 2 Kings 13:14-19; Genesis 12:1-5; Genesis 6:1-8; Luke 18:1; Job 14:14; Galatians 6:9; Matthew 24:13; 1 Corinthians 15:58; 1 John 2:27; James 1:17; Hebrews 13:8; Romans 8:34
Prayer Points :
1. Father, I pray for the grace to pray consistently. I will constantly pray and not faint in Jesus’ name. I come against every spirit of weariness in the place of prayer in Jesus’ name. I pray for the power of consistency in my prayer life in Jesus’ name.
“Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.”
2. Lord, I pray that I will not be weary in doing well. I pray for the grace to keep on doing good until my season of harvest comes in Jesus’ name
“And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not”
3. Father, I pray for the grace to endure to the end so that I can be saved in Jesus’ name. I pray for the power of consistency in Jesus’ name.
“But the one who endures to the end will be saved”
4. Lord, I pray for the grace to wait all the days of my appointed time, until my change comes in Jesus’ name
“If a man dies, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come”
5. Father, I pray for the grace to be steadfast, immovable and always abounding in the work of the Lord in Jesus’ name. I pray that my labor in the Lord will not be in vain in Jesus’ name
1 Corinthians 15:58
“Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain”
6. Lord, I pray that I will constantly abide in you in Jesus’ name. I will remain stable and immovable in Jesus’ name. Just like your anointing abides in me, I receive the grace to abide in you also in Jesus’ name. I pray for the power of consistency in Jesus’ name.
1 John 2:27
“But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him”
7. Father, I pray that you will give me your nature in Jesus’ name. There is no variation or shadow due to change. You are a consistent God, so I pray for the grace to also be consistent in Jesus’ name. I pray for the power of consistency in Jesus’ name.
“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change”
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and forever”
“Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
8. Father, I pray that just like Jesus Christ is constantly interceding for us I will also be consistent in prayers in Jesus’ name. If Jesus has not given up on us, I will also not give up on God in Jesus’ name. I pray for the power of consistency in my prayer life in Jesus’ name.
“Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died–more than that, who was raised to life–is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.”
9. Lord, I pray that I will not give up on any project or assignment that you have committed into my hands. I will be fervent and consistent with the assignment until I receive my miracles in Jesus’ name
“And Isaac dug again the wells of water which they had dug in the days of Abraham his father, for the Philistines had stopped them up after the death of Abraham. He called them by the names which his father had called them.
19 Also Isaac’s servants dug in the valley, and found a well of running water there. 20 But the herdsmen of Gerar quarreled with Isaac’s herdsmen, saying, “The water is ours.” So he called the name of the well Esek, because they quarreled with him. 21 Then they dug another well, and they quarreled over that one also. So he called its name Sitnah. 22 And he moved from there and dug another well, and they did not quarrel over it. So he called its name Rehoboth, because he said, “For now the Lord has made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land.”
10. Father, I pray that I will not give up on you until my miracle is complete in Jesus’ name. I will not give up on you until all the forces against me have been completely defeated in Jesus’ name. I will wait until I see the final miracle in Jesus’ name
Now the Lord had said to Moses, “I will bring one more plague on Pharaoh and on Egypt. After that, he will let you go from here, and when he does, he will drive you out completely. 2 Tell the people that men and women alike are to ask their neighbors for articles of silver and gold.” 3 (The Lord made the Egyptians favorably disposed toward the people, and Moses himself was highly regarded in Egypt by Pharaoh’s officials and by the people.)
11. Father, I pray for the grace to follow all your instructions until my walls of Jericho fall in Jesus’ name. I will not give up before the completion of my assignment in Jesus’ name. I pray for the grace to obey all your instructions in Jesus’ name. Amen
“Now the gates of Jericho were securely barred because of the Israelites. No one went out and no one came in.”
2 Then the Lord said to Joshua, “See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men. 3 March around the city once with all the armed men. Do this for six days. 4 Have seven priests carry trumpets of rams’ horns in front of the ark. On the seventh day, march around the city seven times, with the priests blowing the trumpets. 5 When you hear them sound a long blast on the trumpets, have the whole army give a loud shout; then the wall of the city will collapse and the army will go up, everyone straight in”
12. Father, I pray that I will not give up at the edge of my breakthrough in Jesus’ name.
2 Kings 13:14-19
Now Elisha had been suffering from the illness from which he died. Jehoash king of Israel went down to see him and wept over him. “My father! My father!” he cried. “The chariots and horsemen of Israel!”
15 Elisha said, “Get a bow and some arrows,” and he did so. 16 “Take the bow in your hands,” he said to the king of Israel. When he had taken it, Elisha put his hands on the king’s hands.
17 “Open the east window,” he said, and he opened it. “Shoot!” Elisha said, and he shot. “The Lord’s arrow of victory, the arrow of victory over Aram!” Elisha declared. “You will completely destroy the Arameans at Aphek.”
18 Then he said, “Take the arrows,” and the king took them. Elisha told him, “Strike the ground.” He struck it three times and stopped. 19 The man of God was angry with him and said, “You should have struck the ground five or six times; then you would have defeated Aram and completely destroyed it. But now you will defeat it only three times.”