Praying For The Power Of The Holy Spirit
Day 6: 40 DAYS PRAYER, FASTING AND WORSHIP FEB 3rd to MARCH 14th, 2021. 2021, A YEAR OF NEW BEGINNING - ISAIAH 43:17-19
Short Exhortation About The Holy Spirit:
In the beginning, we saw the Trinity at work. We saw God the Father, we saw God the son (the spoken Word of God), and we saw God the Holy Spirit. The bible says in Genesis 1:2 that, “The Spirit of God was hovering over the waters”. Before Jesus Christ started His ministry, the scripture recorded in Luke 4:1 that He was full of the Holy Spirit. No king could reign effectively in Israel without being filled with the Holy Spirit. No Priest or Prophet could function effectively without Him. Even before the Apostles would start their ministry, the main instruction given to them by Jesus was that they should wait in the upper room until they are filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. If Jesus Christ needed the Holy Spirit before He could start His ministry on earth, if the kings in Israel needed the Holy Spirit before they could be enthroned, if the disciples of Jesus waited for the power of the Holy Spirit before they gave birth to the Church and if God needed the Holy Spirit during creation, then we all need the power of the Holy Spirit to function well in any assignment that God has given to us. So, today, we will be praying for the power of the Holy Spirit.
Bible References: Genesis 1:1-2; Luke 4:1; Acts 1:4-8; 1 Samuel 10:1-13; Job 26:13 ; Psalm 104:30; Luke 1:35; 1 Peter 3:18; Ezekiel 37:11-14; Roman 15:19; 1 Corinthians 2:4; 1 Thessalonians 1:5; Zechariah 4:6-7
1. Holy Spirit, fill me with your power as I begin the assignment that you have committed into my hands in Jesus’ name. I do not only need you as the initiator of this assignment but also as the executor. Help me in executing my assignment in Jesus’ name
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
2. Lord, fill me with your Holy Spirit to the brim. Let there be no room for the manifestation of the flesh in Jesus’ name
“Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness”
“And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit”
3. Father, fill me with the power of your Holy Spirit, so that I can be your witness, in my Jerusalem (Calgary) and also in Judea (Canada), in Samaria (North America) and to the ends of the earth in Jesus’ name
” On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with[b] the Holy Spirit.”
6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
4. (a) Father, anoint me mightily. So that I may function well in the assignment that you have committed into my hands in Jesus’ name (1 Samuel 10:1). (b) God, I pray that I will have the signs that follow the power of your anointing upon me in Jesus’ name and everything that I have lost in the past shall be restored back unto me in Jesus’ name ( 1 Samuel 10:2). (c) Lord I pray, that I will obtain the favour that comes with your anointing in Jesus’ name ( 1 Samuel 3-4) (d) Lord I pray that I will receive another heart as a result of your anointing and I will be turned into another man in Jesus’ name. (1 Samuel 10:5-6) (e) Lord, I pray that as a result of your anointing, I will start operating in a prophetic anointing and all who have known me before will marvel at what God is doing in my life in Jesus’ name. The change will be visible for all to see in the name of Jesus ( 1 Samuel 10:10-13)
1 Samuel 10:1-13
Then Samuel took a flask of oil and poured it on his head and kissed him and said, “Has not the Lord anointed you to be prince over his people Israel? And you shall reign over the people of the Lord and you will save them from the hand of their surrounding enemies. And this shall be the sign to you that the Lord has anointed you to be prince over his heritage. 2 When you depart from me today, you will meet two men by Rachel’s tomb in the territory of Benjamin at Zelzah, and they will say to you, ‘The donkeys that you went to seek are found, and now your father has ceased to care about the donkeys and is anxious about you, saying, “What shall I do about my son?”’ 3 Then you shall go on from there farther and come to the oak of Tabor. Three men going up to God at Bethel will meet you there, one carrying three young goats, another carrying three loaves of bread, and another carrying a skin of wine. 4 And they will greet you and give you two loaves of bread, which you shall accept from their hand. 5 After that you shall come to Gibeath-elohim, where there is a garrison of the Philistines. And there, as soon as you come to the city, you will meet a group of prophets coming down from the high place with harp, tambourine, flute, and lyre before them, prophesying. 6 Then the Spirit of the Lord will rush upon you, and you will prophesy with them and be turned into another man. 7 Now when these signs meet you, do what your hand finds to do, for God is with you. 8 Then go down before me to Gilgal. And behold, I am coming down to you to offer burnt offerings and to sacrifice peace offerings. Seven days you shall wait, until I come to you and show you what you shall do.“
9 When he turned his back to leave Samuel, God gave him another heart. And all these signs came to pass that day. 10 When they came to Gibeah, behold, a group of prophets met him, and the Spirit of God rushed upon him, and he prophesied among them. 11 And when all who knew him previously saw how he prophesied with the prophets, the people said to one another, “What has come over the son of Kish? Is Saul also among the prophets?” 12 And a man of the place answered, “And who is their father?” Therefore it became a proverb, “Is Saul also among the prophets?” 13 When he had finished prophesying, he came to the high place
5. Father, I pray that by the power of your Holy Spirit, the heavens will open up and there will be abundant rain in Jesus’ name.
“By His breath the heavens are cleared; His hand has pierced the fleeing serpent.”
6. Lord I pray, just like your Holy Spirit was involved at the beginning during creation, everything that I need in ministry, in my home, in my business and everything I need to fulfil my assignment shall be supplied in abundance in Jesus’ name.
“You send forth Your Spirit, they are created; And You renew the face of the ground”
7. Pray that the Holy Spirit will come upon you so that you will start to conceive godly ideas, great innovations, clarity in God’s purpose and assignments in Jesus’ name.
“The angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.”
8. Lord I pray that I will be dead to the flesh and be made alive by your Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name
1 Peter 3:18
“For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit”
9. Father I pray that you will put your Spirit within me and I will come to life in Jesus’ name. Every good thing that is dead in my body, dead in my ministry, dead in my business, dead in my home will come back to live by the power of the Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name
“Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel; behold, they say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope has perished. We are completely cut off.’ Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, My people. I will put My Spirit within you and you will come to life, and I will place you on your own land. Then you will know that I, the Lord, have spoken and done it,” declares the Lord.”
10. Lord I receive the grace to preach the gospel by the power of the Holy Spirit and in the power of signs and wonders in Jesus’ name.
“In the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit; so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.”
11. Lord I pray that my preaching will not be with persuasive words of man’s wisdom but in the demonstration of the Spirit and of power in Jesus’ name
1 Corinthians 2:4
“and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power”
12. Lord I pray that I will not preach the gospel in words only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit, with full conviction in Jesus’ name
1 Thessalonians 1:5
“For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction; just as you know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake.”
13. I command every mountain before me and my ministry to become plain by the Spirit of God in Jesus’ name. I pray that I will not depend on my power or my might but I will constantly depend on the Spirit of God in Jesus’ name
“Then he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel saying, ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts. ‘What are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become a plain; and he will bring forth the top stone with shouts of “Grace, grace to it!”
Tips about the Holy Spirit:
- The Holy Spirit may come upon you secretly, but you will always see His manifestations openly – Case study: King Saul, David, and the Apostles (1 Samuel 10:1-13; 1 Samuel 16 and Acts 1 & 2)
- Your baby can be anointed right from the womb and filled the power of the Holy Spirit – Case study: Jesus Christ, John the Baptist; Samson (Matthew 1:18; Luke 1:15; Judges 13:1-5)
- The Holy Spirit can revive every dead bones – (Ezekiel 37:11-14)
- The Holy Spirit can assist you in executing your assignments – (Psalm 104:30)
- The Holy Spirit can help you to preach the gospel effectively with signs and wonders -(1 Corinthians 2:4; Roman 15:19)
- The Spirit of God can move great mountains that power and might can not move – (Zechariah 4:6-7)