Praying That You Will Not Faint
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 16th Edition, Day 4 - Praying That You Will Not Faint - Join us on Friday, November 4th, 2022 for the Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST. Theme- Soaring On Eagles' Wings
Praying That You Will Not Faint
Today, we will be praying that we will not faint. One of the promises that God gave us is that when we wait upon Him, we will walk and not faint. To faint means to be weak and dizzy, close to losing consciousness. To faint means to lose consciousness for a short time because of a temporary insufficient supply of oxygen to the brain. As Christians, it is the breadth of God that can sustain us. That breadth of God is the power of the Holy Spirit. Many are currently fainting in the place of prayer. However, God says men ought to pray and not faint. If you are fainting already in the place of prayer, God will revive you today in Jesus’ name.
Men Can Faint Due to Lack of Food
There are many reasons why people faint. People can faint when there is a lack of food. When there is a famine in the land, definitely a lot of people will faint and they could die eventually. Matthew 15:32 says, “And Jesus called His disciples to Him, and said, “I feel compassion for the people, because they have remained with Me now three days and have nothing to eat; and I do not want to send them away hungry, for they might faint on the way.” If lack of physical food can cause someone to faint physically, then lack of spiritual food can also cause people to faint. So, when you wait upon God, He will give you a spiritual meal just like He did for Elijah, and you will not faint.
Men Can Faint Due to Lack of Water
Another reason why people faint could be due to lack of water. Amos 8:13 says, “In that day the beautiful virgins and the young men will faint from thirst.” Lack of water can be likened to lacking the infilling of the Holy Spirit. In John 7:38-39, Jesus said, “Whoever believes in Me, as the Scripture has said: ‘Streams of living water will flow from within him.’ ” He was speaking about the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were later to receive. For the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet been glorified.” So, when you lack the infilling of the Holy Spirit, you can faint as a Christian. I pray that God will fill you with His Holy Spirit to the brim today in Jesus’ name and you will not faint.
Men Can Faint When They Are Outside God’s Will
Furthermore, believers can faint when they go outside God’s will for their lives. God sent Jonah to Nineveh. However, instead of going to Nineveh, he took a ship to Tarshish. In the process, he began to faint. In his record in Jonah 2:7, he said, “While I was fainting away, I remembered the Lord, and my prayer came to You, into Your holy temple.” He was actually fainting away. He was swallowed by fish and he could have died. However, he prayed to God and God stopped the digestive system of the fish. If you are already backsliding, you can cry unto God and He will revive you again and you will not faint.
Men Can Faint As a Result of Fear
In the book of Jeremiah, we realize that it is possible for someone to faint before murderers. Jeremiah 4:31 says, “For I heard a cry as of a woman in labor, the anguish as of one giving birth to her first child, the cry of the daughter of Zion gasping for breath, stretching out her hands, saying, “Ah, woe is me, for I faint before murderers.” Murderer is a typical of Satan. His mission is to steal, to kill and to destroy. Many today are fainting due to the harassment of the Devil. When Goliath was harassing the Israelites all the people were fainthearted. That is the mission of the Devil. To constantly create fear in you so that you can faint.
However, when David showed up on the scene, he confronted Goliath. It means that you can confront the Devil and all his harassment will be over. David believed in God and he confronted Goliath in the name of the Lord. This means that you are not supposed to fret or faint due to the harassment of Satan. You can confront him by the Word of God and he will be defeated. 1 John 4:4 says, “But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.”
Men Can Faint Due To Life Challenges
Also, when the sun smites you, you can easily faint. Jonah 4:8 says, “When the sun came up God appointed a scorching east wind, and the sun beat down on Jonah’s head so that he became faint and begged with all his soul to die, saying, “Death is better to me than life.” In this bible passage, God sent a scorching sun to beat Jonah as a form of punishment. He was not happy that God saved the city of Nineveh after he preached to them. However, God thought him a lesson that he has the prerogative and the right to save the city of Nineveh after they had repented.
The Sun can be likened to challenges of life. Psalm 121:6 says, “The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.” It means there could be some harm in the sun or the moon if the Lord does not protect you. I pray that God will deliver you from every sun or moon that is causing you to faint in Jesus’ name. As we pray today, God is taking care of all the things that are causing you to faint. Many faint due to some delay in answer to their prayers. Many have given up on God. As we call on God today, God will revive you and you will not faint again in Jesus’ name.
- Father, I thank you for energizing me. Lord, I thank you for giving me fresh strength. I thank you Lord because when I walk, I will not lag behind and when I run I will not faint.
Isaiah 40:29-31 (MSG)
He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts. For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall. But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind
2. Father, I pray that I will not experience famine both physically and spiritually. Feed me with your Word supernaturally so that I will not faint spiritually in Jesus’ name.
Now there was no food in all the land, because the famine was very severe, so that the land of Egypt and the land of Canaan languished because of the famine.
3. Father, I pray that the sun will not smite me and I will not faint in Jesus’ name. Lord, shield me from the challenges of life that can cause me to faint in Jesus’ name
When the sun came up God appointed a scorching east wind, and the sun beat down on Jonah’s head so that he became faint and begged with all his soul to die, saying, “Death is better to me than life.”
4. Father, I pray that the sun will not harm me by day nor the moon by night in Jesus’ name
“The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night
5. Father, I pray that you will deliver me from the spirit of fear and I will not be fainthearted in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that as I run this Christian race, I will not faint in Jesus’ name
Then the officers shall speak further to the people and say, ‘Who is the man that is afraid and fainthearted? Let him depart and return to his house, so that he might not make his brothers’ hearts melt like his heart.
6. Father, I pray for every member of BKCC that they will not be fainthearted in Jesus’ name
1 Thessalonians 5:14
We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone
7. Father, I pray that my sons and daughters will not faint in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that my children will not lie helpless in Jesus’ name
Your sons have fainted, they lie helpless at the head of every street, like an antelope in a net, full of the wrath of the Lord, the rebuke of your God
8. Father, I pray that I will not faint like a wounded man in Jesus’ name. Lord strengthen me in the battlefield. I will not faint but I will be constantly victorious in Jesus’ name
They say to their mothers, “Where is grain and wine?” As they faint like a wounded man in the streets of the city, as their life is poured out on their mothers’ bosom
9. Father, I pray that my eyes will not fail because of tears and my spirit will not be troubled in Jesus’ name. I pray that my little ones will not faint in Jesus’ name because you will give them strength from above.
My eyes fail because of tears, my spirit is greatly troubled; My heart is poured out on the earth because of the destruction of the daughter of my people, when little ones and infants faint in the streets of the city
10. Father, I pray that you will feed me with bread of life and physical bread in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that I will not faint physically or spiritually in Jesus’ name
“Arise, cry aloud in the night at the beginning of the night watches; Pour out your heart like water before the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to Him for the life of your little ones who are faint because of hunger at the head of every street.”
11. Father, I pray that you will shield and protect me from the Devil, the murderer. I pray that I will not faint before murderers in Jesus’ name
For I heard a cry as of a woman in labor, the anguish as of one giving birth to her first child, the cry of the daughter of Zion gasping for breath, stretching out her hands, saying, “Ah, woe is me, for I faint before murderers.”
12. Father, I pray that I will not faint from thirst in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that out of my belly shall flow the rivers of living waters in Jesus’ name
“In that day the beautiful virgins and the young men will faint from thirst
13. Father, I pray that you will keep me in your perfect will. I pray that I will not faint as a result of backsliding in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that you will remember me and let my prayers come to you in Jesus’ name.
“While I was fainting away, I remembered the Lord, and my prayer came to You, into Your holy temple.
14. Father, I pray that you will feed me with the bread of heaven and satisfy my hungry soul in Jesus’ name. I pray that I will not faint due to spiritual hunger in Jesus’ name
And Jesus called His disciples to Him, and said, “I feel compassion for the people, because they have remained with Me now three days and have nothing to eat; and I do not want to send them away hungry, for they might faint on the way.”
15. Father, I pray that I will not faint from fear and expectations of things which are coming upon the world. Lord, keep me in your perfect will in Jesus’ name
“Men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
16. Father, I receive the grace to pray and not to faint in Jesus’ name
“And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint”
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
To be a part of the corporate prayers, stream live on our website from Monday 31st October to 4th November, 2022 from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, November 4th, 2022 for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Website, Facebook or Twitter YouTube Page.
Are you interested in being a member of BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. . Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.
Check Out NODE Instructions: