Praying For A Great Encounter In Your Shiloh Hour
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 12th Edition, Day 7- Praying For A Great Encounter In Your Shiloh Hour - Join us on Friday, July 1st, 2022 for the Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST. Theme- The Shiloh Encounter
Praying For A Great Encounter In Your Shiloh Hour
Today, we will be praying for a great encounter in our Shiloh hour. What is the history and the meaning of the word Shiloh? Shiloh is a person, place, and a promise with Biblical roots. The word Shiloh is used several times in the Old Testament to refer to a location or a city and one other time to refer to the Messiah. The first mention of Shiloh is found in Genesis as Jacob is giving blessings to each of his sons. When he blesses Judah on his deathbed.
Genesis 49:10 says, “The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh comes; And to Him shall be the obedience of the people.” Here, Jacob is referring to a person. The person who would bring peace and tranquility. That person is Jesus who descended from the lineage of Judah. So, Shiloh in this passage refers to Jesus Christ. So when you have an encounter during your Shiloh hour you are having that encounter with Jesus. As Jacob continues to bless his son, he prophecies how the Messiah, the coming savior will come into power from this line and will continue to rule forever
What do we mean by “The Shiloh Encounter”? The Shiloh encounter is not just an encounter in a place, but an encounter with a person and that person is Jesus Christ. Hannah had been going to Shiloh for years but a day came that she made up her mind that she must encounter God. She must have been praying to God in the past but her prayer this time around was different. She promised to give the son that God will give her back to God. The reason many of us don’t encounter God is because we are not ready to give Him back what He has given us. That was the game changer for Hannah. God answered her and turned her mourning into dancing. I pray that in this Shiloh hour God will turn all things around for you in Jesus’ name
- Father, I pray that you will remove all the “but” in my life in Jesus’ name. When Hannaha had an encounter with you at Shiloh, you took care of the “but” in her life and she had a child. Lord, take care of all the exceptions in my life in Jesus’ name
1 Samuel 1:1-2
Now there was a certain man of Ramathaim Zophim, of the mountains of Ephraim, and his name was Elkanah the son of Jeroham, the son of Elihu, the son of Tohu, the son of Zuph, an Ephraimite. 2 And he had two wives: the name of one was Hannah, and the name of the other Peninnah. Peninnah had children, but Hannah had no children.
2. Father, I pray that all those who have ridiculed me and make my life miserable will celebrate with me in Jesus’ name
1 Samuel 1:6-7
And her rival also provoked her severely, to make her miserable, because the Lord had closed her womb. 7 So it was, year by year, when she went up to the house of the Lord, that she provoked her; therefore she wept and did not eat.
3. Father, I pray that you will take care of everything that has been making me weep in Shiloh in Jesus’ name. You turned Hannah’s mourning into dancing again. Lord, I pray that you will turn my mourning into dancing again in Jesus’ name
1 Samuel 1:8
Then Elkanah her husband said to her, “Hannah, why do you weep? Why do you not eat? And why is your heart grieved? Am I not better to you than ten sons?”
4. Father, I pray that you will give me beauty for ashes and oil of joy for mourning in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that you will take away the spirit of heaviness and cloth me with the garment of praise in Jesus’ name
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified.”
5. Father, I pray that you will take care of everything that has given a bitterness of heart and makes me weep at Shiloh in Jesus’ name.
1 Samuel 1:9-10
So Hannah arose after they had finished eating and drinking in Shiloh. Now Eli the priest was sitting on the seat by the doorpost of the tabernacle of the Lord. 10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed to the Lord and wept in anguish.
6. Father, you said in your Word that weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. So I pray that you will turn my sorrow to joy in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that you will give me your favor that last for a lifetime in Jesus’ name
For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
7. Father, I pray that you will look on my affliction and remember me. Lord, I pray that you will grant me the desire of my heart and I receive the grace to give back to you what you have given me in Jesus’ name
1 Samuel 1:11
Then she made a vow and said, “O Lord of hosts, if You will indeed look on the affliction of Your maidservant and remember me, and not forget Your maidservant, but will give Your maidservant a male child, then I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and no razor shall come upon his head.”
8. Father, I pray that you will take care of every force that the devil has planted to hinder my prayer at Shiloh in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that my channel of blessings will not be a channel of distraction in Jesus’ name
1 Samuel 1:12-14
And it happened, as she continued praying before the Lord, that Eli watched her mouth. 13 Now Hannah spoke in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard. Therefore Eli thought she was drunk. 14 So Eli said to her, “How long will you be drunk? Put your wine away from you!”
9. Father, I pray that I will not lose my miracle by the way I use my tongue in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that I will not fall into the traps of the enemies
1 Samuel 1:15-16
But Hannah answered and said, “No, my lord, I am a woman of sorrowful spirit. I have drunk neither wine nor intoxicating drink, but have poured out my soul before the Lord. 16 Do not consider your maidservant a wicked woman, for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief I have spoken until now.”
10. Father, I pray that you will speak your Word into my situation and grant my petition in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that I will find favor in your sight in Jesus’ name
1 Samuel 1:17-18
Then Eli answered and said, “Go in peace, and the God of Israel grant your petition which you have asked of Him.” 18 And she said, “Let your maidservant find favor in your sight.” So the woman went her way and ate, and her face was no longer sad
11. Father, I praise and worship you because you have granted all my requests. Lord, I pray that this great things that you have done shall be permanent and everyone will see the evidence in Jesus’ name
1 Samuel 1:19-20
19 Then they rose early in the morning and worshiped before the Lord, and returned and came to their house at Ramah. And Elkanah knew Hannah his wife, and the Lord remembered her. 20 So it came to pass in the process of time that Hannah conceived and bore a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, “Because I have asked for him from the Lord.”
12. Father, I pray that I will not lose my worship as a result of this miracle in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray for the grace to praise and worship you forever and I will not depart from your presence in Jesus’ name
1 Samuel 1:21-22
21 Now the man Elkanah and all his house went up to offer to the Lord the yearly sacrifice and his vow. 22 But Hannah did not go up, for she said to her husband, “Not until the child is weaned; then I will take him, that he may appear before the Lord and remain there forever.”
13. Father, I pray that I am the next to testify in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray for the grace to pay my vows for all you have done in Jesus’ name
1 Samuel 1:24-28
24 Now when she had weaned him, she took him up with her, with three bulls, one ephah of flour, and a skin of wine, and brought him to the house of the Lord in Shiloh. And the child was young. 25 Then they slaughtered a bull, and brought the child to Eli. 26 And she said, “O my lord! As your soul lives, my lord, I am the woman who stood by you here, praying to the Lord. 27 For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him. 28 Therefore I also have lent him to the Lord; as long as he lives he shall be lent to the Lord.” So they
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
To be a part of the corporate prayers, stream live on our website from Monday 27th June to 30th June from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, July 1st for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page. Join us for our in-person service at Winston Heights Mountview Community Center (West Hall) 520 27 Avenue NE, Calgary on Friday July 1st, 2022 by 7pm MST
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you a first time visitor to our website and you will like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support