Taking Over Territories in The Name of Jesus
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 7th Edition, Day 3 - Taking Over Territories in The Name of Jesus - Join us on Friday, March 4th, 2022 for the Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST. Theme- Jesus: The Names Above All Names
Taking Over Territories in The Name of Jesus
Today, we are going to be praying and taking over territories for Jesus. God’s plan in the beginning is to make the earth an extension of his kingdom. Sin crept into the world and altered that plan. Any time God sees wickedness in any territory, He frowns at it. At a time, He destroyed the whole world and started afresh when sinful habits and wickedness was the order of the day. He started a new beginning with Noah believing that the new world would be an extension of His kingdom. Not too long again, things fell apart. The inclinations of the hearts of many were evil.
God later decided to start a relationship with another man named Abraham. He called him out to his people, who were idol worshippers, and decided to give him another territory where righteousness would be established. His plan was to displace the Amorites, Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites and to give those lands and territories to Abraham (Genesis 15:15-21). Surely, God fulfilled His promise to Abraham. After God delivered the Israelites from the land of Egypt, they started fighting for those territories which God promised them until they possessed all the land.
God Can Destroy Territories That Refuse To Serve Him
Let us recall the city of Sodom and Gomorrah. God destroyed the land because the devil had hijacked the territory. Abraham interceded for the land trying to rescue it provided God finds at least ten righteous people. God has a zero tolerance for a nation or city that will not do His will. Eventually, God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because that territory was outside of God’s will. Nineveh would have suffered the same fate. God had to call Jonah to go and preach to the nation in order not to be destroyed. Thank God the city of Nineveh repented and it was spared.
God has called as Christians to be territory takers. Jesus told us to go into the world and preach the gospel. He expected us to start from Jerusalem and thereafter to Judea and to the uttermost part of the world. If there is any territory that Satan has taken over, it is simply because many of us Christians are not awake to our responsibilities. The earnest expectation of the creature is waiting for the sons of God to manifest. For how long do they have to wait. The world will be in gross darkness until we shine our light. Let us arise today because our light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen upon us.
Prayer Points: Taking Over Territories
- Father, I thank you because you always answer me whenever I call upon your name. I thank you because you have never left nor forsaken me. I shall forever be grateful to you Lord.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
2. Father, I pray for all nations of the world that you will save all men in these nations. I pray that the gospel will penetrate wherever the gospel has not yet reached. I pray that all those who are still in darkness will see the light of the gospel in Jesus’ name
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
3. Father, I pray that just like you delivered the city of Nineveh when they repented, the nation of Canada will also receive Jesus Christ and confess Him as their Lord and Savior in Jesus’ name
“Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.”
4. Father, I pray that just as you gave Abraham the land of Canaan, I take over all the territories that are still in darkness for the Lord in Jesus’ name.
You, however, will go to your ancestors in peace and be buried at a good old age. 16 In the fourth generation your descendants will come back here, for the sin of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure.”
17 When the sun had set and darkness had fallen, a smoking firepot with a blazing torch appeared and passed between the pieces. 18 On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram and said, “To your descendants I give this land, from the Wadi of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates— 19 the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, 20 Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, 21 Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites.”
5. Father, I intercede for all the nations that are following the steps of Sodom and Gomorrah and I pray that you will save them from the way of perdition by your mercy. I pray that they will turn back to God in Jesus’ name.
Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21 that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.” 22 The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the Lord.[d] 23 Then Abraham approached him and said: “Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked?
6. Father, I pray that you will empower me to take more territories for you. I pray for the city of Calgary, the province of Alberta and the nation of Canada that they will see the light in Jesus’ name. I pray that this gospel will go to every nook and crannies of the world in Jesus’ name.
But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth.
7. Father, I pray that you will open the eyes of all Christians whom you have taken from their countries to different parts of the world. I pray that they will realize that the reason you have sent them to those nations is to preach the gospel and save the unsaved.
But the believers who were scattered preached the Good News about Jesus wherever they went.
8. Father, I pray that you will start giving all the believers the vision of the territories they have to take over for the Lord. I pray that you will give them the burden to take over those territories until the gospel is preached all over the world in Jesus’ name.
I am saying all this especially for you Gentiles. God has appointed me as the apostle to the Gentiles. I stress this
9. Father, I pray that your kingdom will come to my home, to my city and to my nation in Jesus’ name. I pray that God’s will will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
10. Father, I pray for the grace to arise and shine for my light has come. I pray for all nations that are presently witnessing gross darkness that they will see the light in Jesus’ name. I pray that my light will shine so much that the kings will come to the brightness of my dawn in Jesus’ name.
“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. 2 See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you. 3 Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn
11. Father, I pray that I will manifest and I will surpass the earnest expectation of the creature in Jesus’ name. I pray that you will open the eyes of all those whom Satan has put in darkness in Jesus’ name.
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
Stream live on our website from Monday 28th February to 3rd March from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, March 4th for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you a first time visitor to our website and you will like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.