Praying For The Leading of The Holy Spirit
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 9th Edition, Day 6 - Praying For The Leading of The Holy Spirit - Join us on Friday, April 1st, 2022 for the Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST. Theme- The Midnight Hour
Praying For The Leading of The Holy Spirit
Many of us don’t pray for the leading of the Holy Spirit in all we do. Before you read your bible, do you pray for the leading of the Holy Spirit? Any time you step out of the house, do you normally pray that the Holy Spirit should lead you? In any decision you make, do you normally seek for the Holy Spirit’s guidance? In choosing your life partner, did you ask the Holy Spirit to lead you? Today, we will be praying for the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
In Romans 8:14, we realized that for you to be considered as the son of God, you have to be led by the Holy Spirit. One of the duties of the Holy Spirit is to guide us into all truth. The Holy Spirit does not speak on His own authority, but He speaks whatever He hears from God (John 16:13), The major way God speaks to us in this dispensation is through the Holy Spirit. Fellowshipping with the Holy Spirit is the sweetest fellowship you will ever know.
Paul and Silas Were Led By The Spirit
I would personally have thought that you can go anywhere you like for an evangelism. However, that was not what Apostle Paul did in Acts 16:6-10. Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region and Phrygia. The account says, “They were kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia.” Here is the irony: Jesus instructed us to go into the whole world and preach the gospel. However, the Holy Spirit wants to guide you on where to go per time. You cannot just step out without Him. Jesus also told the disciples to tarry until they receive the power of the Holy Spirit before stepping out. This means that we cannot even preach without Him.
In the account of Apostle Paul and Silas in that Acts 16, they got to the border of Mysia and they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to. The Holy Spirit also said no this time around. The irony of this was that they were eventually led to go to Macedonia where they encountered some challenges. They healed a damsel possessed by demons and as a result, they threw them into the prison. They beat them mercilessly and they put them in chains. The question is, why would the Holy Spirit lead them to where they would encounter some problem? They should have questioned the Holy Spirit. but not Paul and Silas. Instead, they worshiped God in their afflictions. God rescued them miraculously in the midnight hour after they prayed and sang to God and the jailers and his household were saved.
To Be Led By The Holy Spirit is not Devoid of Challenges
What are the lessons here? The fact that the Holy Spirit is leading you somewhere does not mean that there would not be challenges. However, the challenges would lead to God’s glory. That also depends on your attitude to the challenges whether it is positive or negative. Jesus was led by the Spirit to the wilderness to be tempted by the devil for forty days and forty nights (Matthew 4:1). Yet, the Lord’s prayer says, “Lead us not into temptation.” When Jesus passed these examinations administered by Satan, He was promoted. He left that scene in the power of the Holy Spirit and He began His ministry.
Your attitude to the challenges you face while being led by the Holy Spirit will determine your altitude. The ultimate plan of God is to promote you if you can endure those challenges. They are not meant to break us. Rather, they are meant to make us stronger. Today, as we pray for the leading of the Holy Spirit, I pray that God will lead us to our greener pasture where all that we need will be catered for in Jesus’ name.
- Father, I thank you for constantly leading me by your Spirit. I thank you for considering me as your son
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God
2. Father, I pray that you will constantly lead me by your Spirit in Jesus’ name. I pray that the Holy Spirit will empower me to overcome all forms of temptations in Jesus’ name
Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
3. Father, I pray that your Spirit will lead me to the destination you want me to go for my primary assignment. I pray that i will not miss the leading of the Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name
6 Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia. 7 When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to. 8 So they passed by Mysia and went down to Troas. 9 During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” 10 After Paul had seen the vision, we got ready at once to leave for Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them.
4. Father, I pray that your Spirit will guide me into all the truth of the gospel. I pray that I will constantly speak with authority by the power of the Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name
“When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.”
5. Father, I pray that your love shall be shed abroad in my heart by the power of the Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that the Holy Spirit will teach and lead me on how to love God and the brethren
And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
6. Father, I pray that your Spirit will teach me how to keep your commandments in Jesus’ name
1 John 3:24
Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.
7. Father, I pray that your Spirit will illuminate the hearts of those who are still in the dark and they will acknowledge Jesus Christ as their Lord.
1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit.
8. Father, I pray that the Holy Spirit will empower me to overcome sin in Jesus’ name
1 John 3:9
No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.
9. Father, I pray that your Spirit will teach, reproof and correct me through the Word of God in Jesus’ name. I pray for the power to live a righteous life by the power of the Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name.
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.
10. Father, I pray that you will anoint me with the your Spirit and with power. Lord, I pray that I will do more exploits and heal the oppressed by the power of the Holy Spirit n Jesus’ name
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.
11. Father, I pray that you will fill me with the power of the Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name
And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit.
12. Father, I pray that your Spirit will empower me to know you more as my Father in Jesus’ name
And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”
13. Father, I pray that I will constantly walk by the Spirit and I will not gratify the desires of the flesh in Jesus’ name
But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
14. Father, I pray that I will constantly be led by the Spirit in Jesus’ name
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
15. Father, I pray that the Holy Spirit will bring to my remembrance all things I have read in your Word in Jesus’ name. I pray that the Lord will equipped me with His Word by the power of the Holy Spirit
“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.”
16. Father, I pray that the Holy Spirit will constantly be my Helper in Jesus’ name. I pray that the Holy Spirit will deliver me from all forms of trouble in Jesus’ name
“Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.”
17. Father, I pray that for all those who are yet to know Christ that the Holy Spirit will transform them into a new man in Jesus’ name
Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
18. Father, I pray that you will baptize me with your Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name
And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the wilderness.
19. Father, I pray that I will always live according to the Spirit that leads to live in Jesus’ name
For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
Stream live on our website from Monday 28th March to 31st March from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, April 1st for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you a first time visitor to our website and you will like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.