Praying For God’s Will on Earth
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 9th Edition, Day 4 - Praying For God's Will on Earth - Join us on Friday, April 1st, 2022 for the Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST. Theme- The Midnight Hour
Praying For God’s Will on Earth
Today, we are going to be praying for God’s will on earth. What is the will of God? God’s ultimate will is the advancement of his kingdom, his glorification and the salvation and sanctification of his children through his son, Jesus Christ
God’s will in the creation of man
God’s ultimate plan for us is to do His will on earth. When He created Adam, He gave him some specific instructions about His will concerning how to manage the garden of Eden. God told Adam that he may eat all the fruits in the garden but he should refrain from eating out of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil. However, man derailed from God’s will and sinned against God. God’s plan for us is for us to be fruitful and multiply and to replenish the earth. God’s plan for us is to have dominion on earth. When man sinned, we lost this special privilege to Satan. However, God restored our dominions through Jesus Christ
God reaffirmed His Will in the Lord’s prayer
When Jesus was teaching His disciples how to pray, one of the prayer points is that we will do His will on earth as it is in heaven. How can you know God’s will? We can know God’s will through His Word. The scriptures contain the written Word of God. When you study the Word, you will know the truth in the Word of God. It is the truth that you know that will set you free. Psalm 119:105 says, “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” You can also know God’s will through the Holy Spirit. John 14:26 says. “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.”
Why do we need to submit to God’s will?
The first reason is because Jesus submitted to God’s will , leaving us an example to follow. We are also to look unto Jesus the author and the finisher of our faith. He was willing to surrender to God’s will even at the point of death (Luke 22:41-44; Philippians 2:5-11). Secondly, following God’s will is a demonstration of our total trust in Him. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” The third reason is that God has already equipped us and given us the capacity to do His will (Hebrews 13:20-21).
Beware of The Tempter
Satan will always come to tempt you so that you will not do God’s will. Nevertheless, you have to totally submit to God’s will. He tempted Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden telling them to go against God’s will. They fell into Satan’s temptation which led to the downfall of man. Satan used a similar strategy for Jesus. He went to the extent of quoting scriptures just to ensure that Jesus will go against God’s will. Satan would have relinquished the glory of the whole world to Jesus if He had just taken a bow. However, Jesus refused to yield to Satan’s will but He upheld God’s will.
God’s ultimate goal is for us to do His will on earth as it is in heaven. He destroyed the whole world with flood when the people refused to do His will. He wants us to constantly pray that the earth will do His will as it is in heaven. Let us include this in our daily prayer. In our world today, many are outside the will of God. Many nations are no longer following His will. Wickedness is abounding everyday all over the world. In spite of this, God wants us to stand in the gap and constantly pray for His will on earth. I pray that we will do His will on earth as it is in heaven in Jesus’ name.
- Father, I thank you for empowering me to do your will.
“This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, 10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
2. Father, I pray that you will constantly lead me by your Word. Lord, I pray that the light of your Word will constantly shine on my path in Jesus’ name.
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
3. Father, I pray that the Holy Spirit will constantly be my guide and lead me out of trouble. Lord, I pray that the Holy Spirit will teach me all things according to your Word in Jesus’ name
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
4. Father, I pray that you will give me the grace to do your will no matter how difficult it seems. Lord, empower me to do your will so that I can follow the footsteps of Jesus.
He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, 42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” 43 An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. 44 And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground
5. Father, I pray that just like Jesus was obedient to God’s will even to the point of death, I will be obedient in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that as I do your will, you will elevate me in Jesus’ name.
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross! 9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
6. Father, I pray that I will fulfill all the Word of God written about me in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that I will not derail from your plan for my life in Jesus’ name
and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written: 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, 19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” 20 Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
7. Father, I pray that you will open my eyes to see your plans for my life in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that you will prosper me and deliver me from all forms of harm in Jesus’ name
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
8. Father, I pray for the grace to trust you with all my heart and I will not lean on my understanding. Lord, I pray for the grace to acknowledge you in all my ways as you direct my path.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight
9. Father, I pray that you will equip me with everything good to do your will. Lord, I pray that you will give me the grace to do what is pleasing to you in Jesus’ name.
Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, 21 equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
10. Father, I pray that I will not fall into temptation like Adam and Eve did in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray for the grace to overcome all the tactics and gimmicks of Satan
Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”
2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”
4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
11. Father, I pray will give me the grace to bear roots in the Word of God. Lord, I pray that I will overcome all the temptations from Satan in Jesus’ name
Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry. 3 Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.” 4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’
12. Father, I pray that you will save all men according to your will in Jesus’ name
1 Timothy 2:3-4
This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
13. Father, I pray for the grace to give thanks in all circumstances according to your will in Jesus’ name
1 Thessalonians 5:18
give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
14. Father, I pray that you will sanctify me according to your will in Jesus’ name.
1 Thessalonians 4:3
It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality
15. Father, I pray for the grace to deny myself and take up my cross daily as I follow you.
Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.
16. Father, I pray that you will give me wisdom from above according to your will in Jesus’ name
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you
17. Father, I pray that as I do your will, I will silence the ignorant talk of foolish people in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that those who have not know Christ will have an encounter with the Lord in Jesus’ name
1 Peter 2:15
For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people
18. Father, I pray that you will fill me with your Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that your Holy Spirit will continually guide and direct me in Jesus’ name
Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. 18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
19. Father, I pray that you will save all men according to your will in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that all those that are still in the dark will see the light of the gospel.
I Timothy 2:1-4
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
Stream live on our website from Monday 28th March to 31st March from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, April 1st for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you a first time visitor to our website and you will like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.