Thanking God For Working Out His Will In You
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 12th Edition, Day 1 - Thanking God For Working Out His Will In You - Join us on Friday, July 1st, 2022 for the Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST. Theme- The Shiloh Encounter
Thanking God For Working Out His Will In You
Today, we are going to be thanking God for working out His will in us. In this edition of our “Night of Divine Encounter” (NODE), we are going to be considering the theme, “The Shiloh Encounter.” Although Hannah was barren for several years and she had been going to Shiloh yearly, God had a plan and purpose for Hannah. When we experience some delay in what we are trusting God for as believers, the truth is that God is working out His will in us.
The child that God was preparing the womb of Hannah for was a special child. God had seen the way the sons of Eli were misbehaving and God was searching for who will be their substitute. God was about to take the Priesthood away from the house of Eli because he refused to call his children to order. In 1 Samuel 2:12-36, the scripture described Hophni and Phinehas, Eli’s sons, as scoundrels who had no regard for the sacrifice offered to the Lord. They were treating the sacrifice offered to God with contempt. So, God was determined to replace them.
God Answered Hannah
Hannah had been going to Shiloh to pray to God for several years. I believe that as she was waiting on God year after year to answer her prayer, God was waiting for Hannah to make up her mind in giving the son that He will give her back to Him. The year that Hannah went to Shiloh and vowed to give the son that God gave her back to Him, God answered her prayers and gave her Samuel. Most of the time when we wait on God, God is also waiting on us. He is busy working out His will in us. The moment our will align with God’s will, we get answers to our prayers.
My Personal Experience: God Working Out His Will In My Life
When I graduated from my secondary school, I had a delay for a few years before I gained an admission to the University. I had been fervent for God right from my tender age. I joined the adult choir of my church at the age of ten and I was very active in songwriting. In my teenage years, I had taught my church choir hundreds of songs which the Holy Spirit had inspired me to write. However, during my teenage years, I began to backslide due to some peer influence. I was still very active in the church, but I was indulging in some secret sins. I was continuing in sins and yet I was expecting God’s grace to abound.
When I finished my WAEC exams which were equivalent to Grade 12 exams in Canada, there were some key subjects that I needed in the University that I did not pass well. The more I prayed, studied and attempted those exams, the more I was failing. At a time, I was frustrated and I was almost thinking of committing suicide. I never knew that God was working out His will in me. I was waiting on God to give me success in my academics. Meanwhile, God was waiting for me to give my life to Him. God knew that He had an assignment for me in the University and if I had gained an admission to the University as an unbeliever, I would not have lived to fulfill His plans and purpose for my life.
God Turned My Failure Into Success
The year that I eventually surrendered my life to God, all that failure was over. I attempted the exams again and I passed and gained an admission into the University that same year. I made a commitment to God that I would serve Him well during my University days and I told Him that He should not allow me to suffer failure in my academics again. When I got to the University, I fulfilled my part of the deal and God fulfilled His part. God helped me to be one of the pioneers of a campus fellowship that is still thriving well in the University till date. I could not have achieved that If I had gone to the University as an unbeliever.
I don’t know what you are going through today. Like the case of Hannah and as you have read my story, I believe that God is working out His will in you. So, today, let us thank God for working out His will in us. Although Joseph went through so many setbacks, God was just working out His will in him. Eventually, he realized that God orchestrated everything he went through so that he could preserve lives. He mentioned to his brothers later that they meant what they did for evil, but God meant it for Good. That pressure that you are going through today is due to the fact that God is working out His will in you. That heat will only destroy all the impurities in you, so that you can come out as gold. So, let us thank God for working out His will in us.
The Will of God in Jesus’ Life
Jesus Christ also went through the cross while on earth. He was persecuted and afflicted. He was really not willing to drink that cup but He accepted the will of God. Thank God that although He was crucified He was later glorified. He wore the crown of thorns but today, He is wearing the glorious crown. He did not stay in the grave, today, He is seated at the right hand of God. Let us thank God for working out His will in us. The same God who answered the prayer of Hannah in Shiloh will answer you in Jesus’ name. So, let us thank God for working out His will in us.
- Father, I thank you for always working out your will in me in all circumstances.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
2. Father, I thank you for working in me to will and to act in order to fulfill your good purpose. Lord, I thank you for working out your will in me.
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. 14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing
3. Father, I thank you for your peace that is ruling in my heart. Lord, I thank you for your great plans and purpose for my life which will result into a greater peace
“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.”
4. Father, I thank you for the grace you have given me through Jesus’ Christ
1 Corinthians 1:4
“I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.”
5. Father, I thank you for enriching me in every way and for giving me the grace to be generous on every occasion. Lord, I thank you because your perfect will will be done in my life
2 Corinthians 9:11
“You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.”
6. Father, I thank you for always answering my request and for meeting me at the point of my needs. Lord, I bless you for giving me your peace that transcends all understanding and for guarding my heart and mind in Christ Jesus
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
7. Father, I thank you for being my strength and my shield. Lord, I thank you for being a very present help in times of need and for working out your will in me.
“The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.”
8. Father, I thank you for your grace and compassion over my life. Lord, I bless you for perfecting your plans and purpose in my life
“Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High.”
9. Father, I thank you for giving me a kingdom that cannot be shaken. Lord, I worship you and I stand in awe and in reverence of your holy name. Thank you Jesus for working out your will in my life.
“Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our ‘God is a consuming fire.'”
10. Father, I thank you because your name is great and greatly to be praised. Lord, I thank you for your marvelous deeds in my life. Thank you Jesus because you are to be feared above all gods.
1 Chronicles 16:23-26
“Sing to the Lord, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples. For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods.For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the Lord made the heavens.”
11. Father, I thank you and praise your glorious name. Lord, I thank you because all things are working together for my good.
1 Chronicles 29:13
“And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name.”
12. Father, I thank you and offer a sacrifice of praise unto you. Lord, I acknowledge that you are my God and there is no other god besides you. Thank you Jesus for working out your will in my life.
“Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.”
13. Father, I thank you for being my strength and my shield. Lord, I thank you because you always help me and for putting a new song in my mouth.
“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
14. Father, I thank you for you are always my guide and my shield. Lord, I thank you for perfecting your will in my life.
“In God, whose word I praise—in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”
15. Father, I praise you and magnify your holy name because you are my God.
“I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.”
16. Father, I thank you for your great love and for your faithfulness over my life. Lord, I thank you for working out your will in me.
“I will sing of the Lord’s great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you have established your faithfulness in heaven itself.”
17. Father, I thank you for your presence in my life and for your faithfulness.
Psalm 95:1-3Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. 2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.
3 For the Lord is the great God,
the great King above all gods.
18. Father, I thank you for your unfailing love and for your wonderful deeds in my life. Lord, I thank you for satisfying my thirst and for filling my hunger with good things
“Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.”
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
To be a part of the corporate prayers, stream live on our website from Monday 27th June to 30th June from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, July 1st for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page. Join us for our in-person service at Winston Heights Mountview Community Center (West Hall) 520 27 Avenue NE, Calgary on Friday July 1st, 2022 by 7pm MST
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you a first time visitor to our website and you will like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support