Praying Against All Forms of Storms
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 10th Edition, Day 7 -Praying That All Forms of Storms Will Be Over - Join us on Friday, May 6th, 2022 for the Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST. Theme- The Storm Is Over
Praying That All Forms of Storms Will Be Over
Today, we will be praying that all forms of storms will be over in Jesus’ name. Storm can come in various forms and sizes. From the prayer points that we have raised so far, we realize that a storm can come in forms of barrenness. Financial instability can be the source of storms. In Samaria, there was a financial storm to the extent that people started eating their children. Financial storm also led Abraham to Egypt. Isaac also went to Egypt due to a financial storm and Jacob and all the Israelites went to Egypt also for similar reasons.
There could be storms in marriages. There were marital storms in Abraham’s marriage, Isaac’s marriage and Jacob’s marriage. Also, there was a marital storm in Elkanah’s marriage. In the story of Jonah, we have realized that disobedience can be the source of storms. We also realized a man of God can be the cause of a storm. You have to be mindful of the kind of relationship you get involved in or the kind of association that you keep. There are so many stormy relationships that we need to avoid.
Pray Against All Forms of Storms
As we pray today, we want to address all the sources of all forms of storms. Shortly after the Israelites left Egypt there was a form of storm. They came to Marah and there was no water for them to drink for three days. Lack of water could actually lead to death if it lingers for several days. Moses however cried out to the Lord and the Lord showed him a piece of wood. He threw it into the water and the water became fit to drink. Anything that brings bitterness into your life is a form of storm. As you cry unto God today every form of storm that is causing bitterness in your life is over in Jesus’ name.
If you allow Jesus Christ into your ship, no matter how violent the storm may be, your ship will be safe. In the account in the book of Mark 4:35-41, Jesus was in a boat and there were some other people with him. Suddenly a furious storm of wind of hurricane proportions arose, and the waves kept beating into the boat, so that it was already becoming filled. Jesus was sleeping and others in the boat ran to Him. He rebuked the wind and the storm was over.
Jesus Can Calm All Storms
From this account, we realize that Jesus Christ can be present in a ship, yet a storm will come. The presence of Jesus in a ship is not an absence of storm. However, with Jesus in your ship, even though you may experience storms, the storm will not prevail against you. However, you will need to call unto Jesus. If you don’t cry unto Jesus despite the fact that He is in your ship, the storm may persist. Nevertheless, if you can cry unto Jesus the storm will be over. As we cry unto Jesus today, all forms of storms in your life will be over in Jesus’ name.
Prayer Points: Praying Against All Forms of Storms
- Father, I pray that you will deliver me from all forms of storms in my career in Jesus’ name. Lord, deliver me from anyone who may want to implicate me in my place of work. I pray that I will not be demoted but instead, I will be promoted in Jesus’ name.
Genesis 39: 19-21,
“Potiphar was furious when he heard his wife’s story about how Joseph had treated her. 20 So he took Joseph and threw him into the prison where the king’s prisoners were held, and there he remained. 21 But the Lord was with Joseph in the prison and showed him his faithful love. And the Lord made Joseph a favorite with the prison warden.
2. Father, I pray that wherever I have been demoted due to a career storm, I will be highly promoted in the same place in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that in the same land where I have been humiliated, I will be elevated in Jesus’ name
So Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I hereby put you in charge of the whole land of Egypt.” 42 Then Pharaoh took his signet ring from his finger and put it on Joseph’s finger. He dressed him in robes of fine linen and put a gold chain around his neck. 43 He had him ride in a chariot as his second-in-command, and people shouted before him, “Make way!” Thus he put him in charge of the whole land of Egypt.
3. Father, I pray that I will never go back to Egypt due to a financial storm in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that I will have more than enough in the land where you have planted me in Jesus’ name. I pray that all forms of storms will be over
When Jacob found out that grain was for sale in Egypt, he said to his sons, “Why do you keep looking at each other? 2 I’ve heard there’s grain for sale in Egypt. Go there and buy some for us so that we won’t starve to death.”
The LORD appeared to Isaac and said, “Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land where I tell you to live.
4. Father, I pray that you will deliver me from a wicked boss whose aim is to constantly cheat me in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that you will deliver me from a career storm
“So Jacob sent word to Rachel and Leah to come out to the fields where his flocks were. 5 He said to them, “I see that your father’s attitude toward me is not what it was before, but the God of my father has been with me. 6 You know that I’ve worked for your father with all my strength, 7 yet your father has cheated me by changing my wages ten times. However, God has not allowed him to harm me.”
5. Father, I pray that in the same job or career where I have been cheated, you will compensate me massively in Jesus’ name
“If he said, ‘The speckled ones will be your wages,’ then all the flocks gave birth to speckled young; and if he said, ‘The streaked ones will be your wages,’ then all the flocks bore streaked young. 9 So God has taken away your father’s livestock and has given them to me.”
6. Father, I pray that you will deliver me from a business storm in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that you will bless the work of my hands and I will reap bountifully in wherever I have sown in Jesus’ name
When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.”
5 Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.”
6 When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break.
7. Father, I pray that you will deliver me from every form of storm going on in my city in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that just like Lot escaped God’s judgment in Sodom and Gomorrah, I will not be judged with the unrighteous in Jesus’ name. Father, i pray that ultimately, you will deliver my city from storm in Jesus’ name
“Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens.”
8. Father, I pray that you will deliver my city from a storm in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that there will be a genuine repentance in this land and they will return to God in Jesus’ name
Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time: 2 “Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you.”
3 Jonah obeyed the word of the Lord and went to Nineveh. Now Nineveh was a very large city; it took three days to go through it. 4 Jonah began by going a day’s journey into the city, proclaiming, “Forty more days and Nineveh will be overthrown.” 5 The Ninevites believed God. A fast was proclaimed, and all of them, from the greatest to the least, put on sackcloth.
9. Father, I pray that you will deliver the nation of Canada from a national storm in Jesus’ name. I pray that the nation of Canada will not end up like the nation of Egypt but they will turn from their wicked ways and turn to God in Jesus’ name.
When Moses stretched out his staff toward the sky, the Lord sent thunder and hail, and lightning flashed down to the ground. So the Lord rained hail on the land of Egypt; 24 hail fell and lightning flashed back and forth. It was the worst storm in all the land of Egypt since it had become a nation. 25 Throughout Egypt hail struck everything in the fields—both people and animals; it beat down everything growing in the fields and stripped every tree. 26 The only place it did not hail was the land of Goshen, where the Israelites were.
10. Father, I pray that you will deliver me from a global storm in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that you will deliver me from the noisome pestilence and from the snare of the fowler in Jesus’ name
The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. 2 Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth. 4 Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.”
11. Father, I pray that you will remember your covenant with me and deliver me from a global storm in Jesus’ name
I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.”
12. Father, I pray that you will deliver me from a global storm and let me not experience a global famine in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that I will have an abundance even in the midst of scarcity in Jesus’ name
53-54 Then Egypt’s seven good years came to an end and the seven years of famine arrived, just as Joseph had said. All countries experienced famine; Egypt was the only country that had bread.
55 When the famine spread throughout Egypt, the people called out in distress to Pharaoh, calling for bread. He told the Egyptians, “Go to Joseph. Do what he tells you.”
56-57 As the famine got worse all over the country, Joseph opened the storehouses and sold emergency supplies to the Egyptians. The famine was very bad. Soon the whole world was coming to buy supplies from Joseph. The famine was bad all over.
13. Father, I pray that you will quench my thirst and deliver me from all forms of storms in Jesus’ name
Exodus 15: 22-26
Then Moses led Israel from the Red Sea and they went into the Desert of Shur. For three days they traveled in the desert without finding water. 23 When they came to Marah, they could not drink its water because it was bitter. (That is why the place is called Marah. 24 So the people grumbled against Moses, saying, “What are we to drink?”
25 Then Moses cried out to the Lord, and the Lord showed him a piece of wood. He threw it into the water, and the water became fit to drink.
There the Lord issued a ruling and instruction for them and put them to the test. 26 He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.”
14. Father, I pray that you will never leave me nor forsake me. Lord, I pray that whenever I call you in the midst of storm, you will deliver me as I call you in Jesus’ name
That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” 36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”
39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”
41 They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
Stream live on our website from Monday 2nd May to 5th May from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, May 6th for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you a first time visitor to our website and you will like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support
Join us for our in-person service