Praying for the Sound of a Mighty Shower
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 14th Edition, Day 1- Praying for the Sound of a Mighty Shower - Join us on Friday, September 2nd, 2022 for the Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST. Theme- Mighty Sound
Praying for the Sound of a Mighty Shower
Today, we are going to be praying for the sound of a mighty shower. 1 Kings 18:41 says “Then Elijah said to Ahab, “Go up, eat and drink; for there is the sound of abundance of rain.” Prior to this statement, there was a great famine in the land of Israel because Elijah made a pronouncement that there would be no rain in the land. For three and half years, the rain ceased according to the prayer of Elijah. However, when God was about to restore rain into the land, Elijah told king Ahab that he heard the sound of a mighty shower. After this, he prayed and sent his servant seven times to go and check the cloud to see if it was full of rain.
The fact that you have heard a sound of a mighty shower does not preclude you from praying to God. You have to pray until you see the reality of what God has shown you or what you have heard from God. Elijah prayed until there was a downpour of a mighty shower. The sound was translated into reality through prayer. Do you also want a mighty shower? You have to pray until you see that mighty shower.
You Can Pray For A Mighty Shower Like Elijah
James 5:17-18 says, “Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.” From this scripture, we realize that when there is no mighty shower, the earth will refuse to produce their crops. Therefore, if there is any area of your life where you are not producing fruits, all you need is a mighty shower. You can plant your crops but if the Lord refuses to bring the rain, there could be no increase. You can only experience an increase in any area of your life if God releases His mighty shower.
How do you experience the mighty shower? You can experience this mighty shower by praying. If Elijah had to pray until the mighty shower was released, then we have to do the same. Today, you have an opportunity to pray until you see the move of God in your life. You should not stop praying until you experience the mighty shower in your ministry. You need the mighty shower in your home, in your business and upon all that belongs to you.
- Father, I pray that there will be a heavy shower of rain upon me just like you did in the days of Elijah. Father, put an end to every form of famine in my land in Jesus’ name. Let me experience an abundance of rain in Jesus’ name
“Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.”
2. Father, I pray for a sound of abundance of rain in my ministry and in my life in Jesus’ name. Lord, let my home experience the sound of abundance of rain and let there be a heavy downpour in Jesus’ name
1 Kings 18:41
“Then Elijah said to Ahab, “Go up, eat and drink; for there is the sound of abundance of rain.”
3. Father, I pray that you will bring a great increase upon all my seeds in Jesus’ name
1 Corinthians 3:6
I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow.
4. Father, I pray that you will make my hill a blessing and you will cause showers to come down for me in their season. Lord, let there be a shower of blessing
I will make them and the places around My hill a blessing. And I will cause showers to come down in their season; they will be showers of blessing.
5. Father, I pray that my cloud will be filled with rain and there will be a mighty shower over my ministry and also on my business in Jesus’ name
And He was also saying to the crowds, “When you see a cloud rising in the west, immediately you say, ‘A shower is coming,’ and so it turns out
6. Father, I pray and declare that this is my season of abundant rain. Lord, make the storm clouds and give me showers of rain in Jesus’ name. I pray that my land will yield its increase in Jesus’ name
Ask rain from the Lord at the time of the spring rain— The Lord who makes the storm clouds; and He will give them showers of rain, vegetation in the field to each man
7. Father, I pray that your teaching will drop as rain and your speech will distill as the dew upon my land in Jesus’ name. Lord, let your Word be like a droplets on the fresh grass and as the showers on my herbs and let there be a great increase upon my land in Jesus’ name
“Let my teaching drop as the rain, my speech distill as the dew, as the droplets on the fresh grass and as the showers on the herb.
8. Father, I pray that my seed will yield righteousness and I will reap in accordance with kindness. Lord, break up my fallow ground and let all the people in this land begin to seek the Lord. Father, send us a mighty shower and rain righteousness upon us in Jesus’ name
Sow with a view to righteousness, reap in accordance with kindness; Break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the Lord until He comes to rain righteousness on you.
9. Father, I pray that as I press on to know the Lord, you will come unto me like the rain and like the spring rain that water the earth.
“So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord. his going forth is as certain as the dawn; And He will come to us like the rain, like the spring rain watering the earth.”
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
To be a part of the corporate prayers, stream live on our website from Monday 29th August to 1st September, 2022 from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, September 2nd, 2022 for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Website, Facebook or Twitter YouTube Page. Join us online also on Friday September 2nd, 2022 by 7pm MST on all our Website and all our social media channels
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you interested in being a member of BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support