Praying For Open Heavens In The Wilderness
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 13th Edition, Day 4- Praying For Open Heavens In The Wilderness - Join us on Friday, August 5th, 2022 for the Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST. Theme- Open Heavens
Praying For Open Heavens In The Wilderness
Today, we will be praying for open heavens in the wilderness. Psalm 78:23-25 says, “Though he had commanded the clouds from above, and opened the doors of heaven, and had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven. Man did eat angels’ food: he sent them meat to the full.” In this scripture, we realized that the Israelites enjoyed open heavens in the wilderness. No wonder, all their provisions were met and their needs were well catered for in the wilderness.
What is wilderness?
What is wilderness? Wilderness is an uncultivated, uninhabited, and inhospitable region. It is a neglected or abandoned area of a garden or town. A wilderness is an area of land that has been largely undisturbed by modern human development. Wilderness areas usually lack roads, buildings, and other artificial structures. This means that when you are in the wilderness, you don’t enjoy some basic amenities. It means that your life lacks some good things. If you have a wilderness experience, it means you are abandoned and neglected by people and no one wants to pass through you. A wilderness is a place where there is no way. No wonder, God said that He will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
The Israelites Enjoyed Open Heavens In The Wilderness
Are you currently going through some wilderness experience? You will experience open heavens in the wilderness in Jesus’ name. When the Israelites enjoyed open heavens in the wilderness, God was with them like a pillar of cloud in the day and like a pillar of fire in the night. This means that they enjoyed guaranteed security. Also, when they enjoyed open heavens in the wilderness, God gave them manna, which is the food of angels. God gave them water from the rock. Also when they lacked meat, God supplied them meat to eat. It means that when you experience open heavens in the wilderness, there will be an unusual provision.
Moreover, when the Israelites experienced open heavens in the wilderness, their enemies could not confront them. God also fought all their battles in the wilderness. He suffered no man to do them wrong and He rebuked kings for their sakes (Psalm 105:14). In the same vein, as you experience open heavens in the wilderness, God will fight all your battles for you in Jesus’ name. God will suffer no man to do you wrong and He will rebuke kings for your sakes. God parted the Red Sea and River Jordan for the Israelites. Also, the wall of Jericho crumbled before them. As you pray for open heavens in the wilderness today, God will make ways for you in the wilderness in Jesus’ name. Every walls of obstacles to your progress shall crumble in Jesus’ name
- Father, I thank you for all your benefits. Lord, I thank you for open heavens during my wilderness experience. Father, I thank you for healing my diseases and redeeming my soul from destruction
Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. 2 Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— 3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, 4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, 5 who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
2. Father, I pray that you will command the cloud from above, and open the doors of heaven for me. Lord, I pray that there will be a divine provision as a result of this open heaven in Jesus’ name. Father, I pray that you feed me supernaturally with heavenly meal in Jesus’ name
“Though he had commanded the clouds from above, and opened the doors of heaven, and had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven. Man did eat angels’ food: he sent them meat to the full.”
3. Father, I pray that I will enjoy open heavens in the wilderness. Lord, I pray that you will be with me like a pillar of cloud in the day and like a pillar of fire in the night. Father, I pray that you will constantly be with me even if I walk through the shadow of death
By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.
4. Father, I pray that you will do a new thing in my life and you will make a way for me in the wilderness. Lord, I pray that you will give me rivers in my desert and cause the heavens to open unto me.
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
5. Father, I pray that as a result of the open heavens in the wilderness, you will allow no one to oppress me. Lord, I pray that you will rebuke kings for my sake in Jesus’ name
He allowed no one to oppress them; for their sake he rebuked kings:
6. Father, I pray you will quench my thirst even in the wilderness. Lord, I pray that I will never lack water in the wilderness. Father, I pray that you will fill me immeasurable with your Holy Spirit
The whole Israelite community set out from the Desert of Sin, traveling from place to place as the Lord commanded. They camped at Rephidim, but there was no water for the people to drink. 2 So they quarreled with Moses and said, “Give us water to drink.”
Moses replied, “Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you put the Lord to the test?”
3 But the people were thirsty for water there, and they grumbled against Moses. They said, “Why did you bring us up out of Egypt to make us and our children and livestock die of thirst?”
4 Then Moses cried out to the Lord, “What am I to do with these people? They are almost ready to stone me.”
5 The Lord answered Moses, “Go out in front of the people. Take with you some of the elders of Israel and take in your hand the staff with which you struck the Nile, and go. 6 I will stand there before you by the rock at Horeb.Strike the rock, and water will come out of it for the people to drink.” So Moses did this in the sight of the elders of Israel.
7. Father, I pray that you will destroy all the walls inhibiting my progress in the wilderness in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that I will get to my land that is flowing with milk and honey in Jesus’ name
Now the gates of Jericho were securely barred because of the Israelites. No one went out and no one came in.
2 Then the Lord said to Joshua, “See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men. 3 March around the city once with all the armed men. Do this for six days. 4 Have seven priests carry trumpets of rams’ horns in front of the ark. On the seventh day, march around the city seven times, with the priests blowing the trumpets. 5 When you hear them sound a long blast on the trumpets, have the whole army give a loud shout; then the wall of the city will collapse and the army will go up, everyone straight in.”
8. Father, I pray that you will constantly lead me in the wilderness in Jesus’ name. Lord, let the heavens open unto me in the wilderness. Lead me through this land of drought and deep darkness unto my land that is flowing with milk and honey in Jesus’ name.
“They did not say, ‘Where is the Lord who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, who led us through the wilderness, through a land of deserts and of pits, through a land of drought and of deep darkness, through a land that no one crossed and where no man dwelt?’
9. Father, I pray for the grace to continually eat the bread of life even during my wilderness experience. I pray that as I eat the bread of life, I will live and not die and I will never be hungry again.
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die.
10. Father, I pray that you will give me the living water during my wilderness experience. I pray that as I drink this living water, I will never thirst again. Lord fill me to the brim with your Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name
Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”
13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again,14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
To be a part of the corporate prayers, stream live on our website from Monday 30th July to 4th August from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, August 5th, 2022 for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page. Join us for our in-person service at Winston Heights Mountview Community Center (West Hall) 520 27 Avenue NE, Calgary on Friday August 5th, 2022 by 7pm MST
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you a first time visitor to our website and you will like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support