Pray that God will silence all your enemies
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 3rd Edition, Day 4 - Pray that God will silence all your enemies- August 31st, 2021. Theme: The Book of Remembrance
God silenced Haman, the enemy of the Jews
Today, we need to pray that God will silence all our enemies. An enemy is a person who is actively opposed or hostile to someone or something. Haman was an enemy of the Jews who attempted to exterminate the Jews of Persia. He was a Persian minister in the book of Esther who was hanged after plotting a foiled massacre of the Jews.
Haman was offended by one man, Mordecai. He expected Mordecai to bow down to him but he refused because it was contrary to the Jewish culture. He however planned to transfer the aggression to all the Jews in the land by annihilating them all. This plan was thwarted by God through Esther and Haman was eventually hanged while Mordecai took over his position.
God dealt with Saul the enemy of David
King Saul was another personality who constantly waged war against David. He was jealous of David simply because the Lord was with him. What was David’s offence? David fought Goliath and conquered him. In response, the women sang the praises of David by saying that he had killed tens of thousands while Saul had killed thousands. This music brought a lifetime enmity between king Saul and David (1 Samuel 18:7)
David allowed God to take over this battle and he handed king Saul over to God. Eventually, king Saul was killed during a war and David was able to ascend the throne.
The enemies called Herod
There were three kings with the title Herod that were major enemies in the New Testament. The first was Herod the Great. He was the one who wanted to kill Jesus at birth and who eventually massacred several young children. Jesus was taken away to Egypt to avoid this massacre and he could not come back to Nazareth (Matthew 2:16-18).
The second Herod was Herod Antipas who slew John the Baptist. He killed John the Baptist prematurely. He was also the king when Jesus Christ was crucified.
The third Herod was Herod Agrippa. He was the one who killed James and he also imprisoned Peter, planning to kill him. However, God rescued Peter because the Church prayed for him (Acts 12:1-23). He was the one that the angel struck down and he was eaten by worms. We need God to deliver us from the spirit of enemies like the Herod’s.
Ask God to deal with your enemies
There are some feats you can never attain until God silences your enemies. Mordecai would have never attained the position he got to if God had not dealt with Haman. There is a position that God has destined for you and you need to send out the illegal occupier of that position. David could only become king after the demise of king Saul. He was running helter-skelter in the wilderness and did not have peace until the death of king Saul.
You need to pray that God will remember you and silence all the enemies of your progress if you really want to make a headway in life.
- Thank God for for His faithfulness and for delivering us from all enemies
“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.”
2. Father, deliver me from every Haman, that hates me with no just cause or reason. Let his land be desolate. Let his position be vacant and let me take my rightful position in Jesus’ name
So they impaled Haman on the pole he had set up for Mordecai. Then the king’s fury subsided.
King Xerxes imposed tribute throughout the empire, to its distant shores.2 And all his acts of power and might, together with a full account of the greatness of Mordecai, whom the king had promoted, are they not written in the book of the annals of the kings of Media and Persia?
3 Mordecai the Jew was second in rank to King Xerxes, preeminent among the Jews, and held in high esteem by his many fellow Jews, because he worked for the good of his people and spoke up for the welfare of all the Jews.
3. Lord, deliver my children from every spirit of Herod the Great that want to terminate their lives prematurely. Protect and preserve the destiny of my children and let them fulfil their purpose. Father, silence every Herod in Jesus’ name
When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had learned from the Magi
4. Lord, deliver me from every Herod that wants to terminate my life prematurely in Jesus’ name. I destroy every spirit of Herod Antipas or Herod Agrippa, that wants to cut my life short in Jesus’ name. I shall not die but live to declare the works of God. In Jesus’ name I pray
Acts 12: 21-23
“On an appointed day Herod put on his royal robes, took his seat upon the throne, and delivered an oration to them. 22 And the people were shouting, “The voice of a god, and not of a man!” 23 Immediately an angel of the Lord struck him down, because he did not give God the glory, and he was eaten by worms and breathed his last.
5. Lord, displace every king Saul that is debarring me from occupying my rightful position. Destroy every spirit of king Saul, that will not allow me to have peace. I take over my rightful position and I have a permanent peace. In Jesus’ name I pray
1 Chronicles 10: 13-14
“So Saul died for his sin against the Lord, because he did not keep the Word of the Lord. He had asked a woman who spoke with spirits what he should do. 14 He did not ask the Lord. So the Lord killed him, and gave the nation to David, the son of Jesse.”
6. Lord, terminate all the activities of all the enemies of the gospel. Destroy every power that is hindering the gospel of Jesus Christ in all nations of the world. In Jesus’ name I pray
“But Elymas, the sorcerer (as his name means in Greek), interfered and urged the governor to pay no attention to what Barnabas and Saul said. He was trying to keep the governor from believing”
7. Lord, let every spirit of king Pharaoh that has kept me in bondage over the years perish in the Red Sea. Father, give me total freedom. In Jesus’ name I pray
Pharaoh’s chariots and his army he has hurled into the sea. The best of Pharaoh’s officers are drowned in the Red Sea
8. Lord, prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. Anoint my head with oil Lord, and let my cup run over
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
9. Father, deliver me from all form of afflictions of the enemies in Jesus’ name
Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.
10. Lord, deliver me by your mighty hand from every imprisonment by the enemies just like you delivered Paul and Silas in Jesus’ name
“And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one’s bands were loosed”
11. Father, the greatest enemy of man is sin. You said in your Word that sin will not have dominion over me. Deliver me from every clutches of sins in Jesus’ name
For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.
12. Lord, deliver me from principalities, powers, cosmic rulers and spiritual wickedness in high places. Deliver me from all the gimmicks, tactics and subtlety of Satan, our archenemy. In Jesus’ name I pray.
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
Stream live on our website from Monday 30th August to 2nd September from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, September 3rd for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you a first time visitor to our website and you will like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.