Pray for God’s promotion
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 3rd Edition, Day 6 - Pray for God's promotion - September 2nd, 2021. Theme: The Book of Remembrance
Promotion comes from God
The scripture says that promotion does not come from men but from God. You can lift your eyes unto the hills but it is only from God that your help can come. He is the very present help in the time of needs. Promotion does not come from the east, west or south but it comes only from God.
God orchestrated Joseph’s promotion through Pharaoh
When God was ready to promote Joseph, He gave king Pharaoh a dream and gave Joseph the interpretation. Joseph did not only have the interpretation to the dream but he proffered a solution to the problem. That was what led to his elevation. God has the power to elevate you in one day if you can have faith in Him
God elevated king Saul by instructing Samuel to anoint him
Saul was just searching for his father’s lost sheep when he encountered prophet Samuel. That was how he had an appointment with destiny. God anointed him to become the first king in Israel. He got a position that he believed he was not qualified for. God promoted him for a position he did not lobby for. That is how God will promote you also if you can just trust in Him.
God promoted Daniel several times and he ruled with many kings
Daniel was politically relevant during his days. He reigned in the kingdom of several kings. Yet, he was a prayer warrior and a holy man. God expects us to be holy, prayerful and live in dominion. He was once persecuted and thrown into the lions’ den. However, the lions could not harm him and after he came out, God promoted him again and God destroyed those who ganged up against him. The lions devoured them.
Daniel did not defile himself with the idols of the land but he completely trusted in God. he served with five kings: Nebuchadnezzar, Evil-merodach, Belshazzar, Darius and Cyrus. These were all kings of Babylon and world power at that time, yet Daniel reigned with them.
Let us raise our voices unto God and pray that the Lord we promote us in Jesus’ name
- Lord, I pray that you will promote me. Make me be the head and not the tail. Promote me to be first and not the last. In Jesus’ name I pray
It came about that from the time he made him overseer in his house and over all that he owned, the Lord blessed the Egyptian’s house on account of Joseph; thus the Lord’s blessing was upon all that he owned, in the house and in the field.
2. Father, give me a job that I didn’t apply for. Promote me all every facet of my life oh Lord. In Jesus’ name I have prayed.
You shall be over my house, and according to your command all my people shall do homage; only in the throne I will be greater than you.
3. Lord, cause my boss to see your glory in me. Let my boss see my credentials and promote me in Jesus’ name
1 Kings 11:28
Now the man Jeroboam was a valiant warrior, and when Solomon saw that the young man was industrious, he appointed him over all the forced labor of the house of Joseph.
4. Father, I pray that my enemies will announce my promotion and be the one to beautify me in Jesus’ name
So Haman took the robe and the horse, and arrayed Mordecai, and led him on horseback through the city square, and proclaimed before him, “Thus it shall be done to the man whom the king desires to honor.”
5. Lift your voice and pray that you will find favour in a foreign land and God will promote you. In Jesus’ name we pray!
Then the king promoted Daniel and gave him many great gifts, and he made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon and chief prefect over all the wise men of Babylon.
6. Lord, just like the king caused Shadrach, Meshach ad Abed-nego to prosper in the province of Babylon, cause me to prosper also. In Jesus’ name I pray
Then the king caused Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego to prosper in the province of Babylon.
7. Father, I pray that you will favour me before the kings. Pray that God will inspire kings to elevate you just like God caused king Belshazzar to promote Daniel. In Jesus’ name we pray!
Then Belshazzar gave orders, and they clothed Daniel with purple and put a necklace of gold around his neck, and issued a proclamation concerning him that he now had authority as the third ruler in the kingdom.
8. Lord, don’t allow my enemies to be my boss. Demote everyone that will use their position to oppress me. In Jesus’ name we pray!
After these events King Ahasuerus promoted Haman, the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, and advanced him and established his authority over all the princes who were with him.
Then Haman recounted to them the glory of his riches, and the number of his sons, and every instance where the king had magnified him and how he had promoted him above the princes and servants of the king.
Luxury is not fitting for a fool; Much less for a slave to rule over princes.
I have seen slaves riding on horses and princes walking like slaves on the land
9. Lord, promote me and make me a father to my boss. In Jesus’ name I pray
Now, therefore, it was not you who sent me here, but God; and He has made me a father to Pharaoh and lord of all his household and ruler over all the land of Egypt.
10. Father, I pray that you will exalt me. You said in your Word that I shall be the head and not the tail. Give me a supernatural promotion. In Jesus’ name I pray
1 Samuel 2:7
“The Lord makes poor and rich; He brings low, He also exalts.
2 Samuel 7:8
“Now therefore, thus you shall say to My servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, “I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep, to be ruler over My people Israel.
11. Lord, you have the power to promote or demote. You are the one who removes kings and establishes kings. You give wisdom to wise men. Therefore, promote me and establish me Lord. Give me supernatural wisdom that will lead to my promotion just like you did to king Solomon. In Jesus’ name I pray
But God is the Judge; He puts down one and exalts another.
“It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men; And knowledge to men of understanding.
12. Father, just like you distinguished Daniel among the commissioners and satraps, distinguish me also, Lord. Give me an extraordinary spirit that will lead to my promotion. In Jesus’ name I pray.
Then this Daniel began distinguishing himself among the commissioners and satraps because he possessed an extraordinary spirit, and the king planned to appoint him over the entire kingdom
13. Pray for the spirit of humility and pray that God will exalt you. Destroy every spirit of pride, Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray
“He has brought down rulers from their thrones, And has exalted those who were humble.
“For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted”
For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
1 Peter 5:6
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time
Stream live on our website from Monday 30th August to 2nd September from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, September 3rd for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you a first time visitor to our website and you will like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.