Praying That God Will Answer Our Prayers By Fire
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 11th Edition, Day 5 - Praying That God Will Answer Our Prayers By Fire - Join us on Friday, May 6th, 2022 for the Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST. Theme- Ablaze For God
God Will Answer Our Prayers By Fire
Today, we will be praying that God will answer our prayers by fire. We have different episodes in the bible where God answered prayers by fire.
Elijah prayed and God destroyed the captains of fifty by fire
There was a time the captain of fifty was sent to arrest Elijah. He called down fire on them and destroyed them. In 2 Kings 1:10, “Elijah answered the captain, “If I am a man of God, may fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty men! Then fire fell from heaven and consumed the captain and his men” The fire of God has the capacity to consume all your enemies.
In 2 Kings 1:12, the king sent another captain of fifty and Elijah prayed the same prayer. Fire fell from heaven and consumed the captain and the fifty soldiers sent to arrest Elijah. In like manner, you can pray to God and the fire of God will destroy all the forces that are against you because God can still answer our prayers by fire. Every evil conspiracy against you will be destroyed by fire in Jesus’ name.
Elijah prayed again and God answered his prayers by fire
Elijah repeated the fire miracle when he was trying to show the 450 prophets of Baal that only God is worthy to be worshiped and not the idols of Baal. In 1 Kings 18:22-38, he told the prophet of Baal to set up their sacrifice and call down fire on it in the name of their gods. He said that the god that answers by fire should be the true God. The prophets of Baal prayed to their gods, pierced themselves, yet their gods refused to answer.
However, when Elijah stepped into the scene, he repaired the altar, and made the situation of the sacrifice look more difficult. He prepared the bull, and told them to pour water three times on the sacrifice until the water ran down around the altar and even filled the trench. Elijah prayed to God, and He answered by fire. In 1 Kings 18:38, the bible says, “Then the fire of the Lord fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench.” I pray that God will answer all our prayers by fire in Jesus’ name. All those who are questioning you about your God will realize that you serve a God that answers prayers by fire in Jesus’ name.
God led the Israelites by fire
When God led the Israelites out of Egypt, He led them in the wilderness by a pillar of fire. It means that the fire of God can give you direction and be a light unto your path. Deuteronomy 9:3 says, “Know therefore today that he who goes over before you as a consuming fire is the Lord your God. He will destroy them and subdue them before you. So you shall drive them out and make them perish quickly, as the Lord has promised you.” Here we realized that God led the Israelites as a Consuming fire to destroy and subdue their enemies. God can also lead you as a Consuming Fire and subdue all your enemies. I pray that this shall be your portion in Jesus’ name.
Solomon prayed and God answered his prayers by fire
Another time that God answered prayers by fire was when king Solomon was dedicating the temple in 2 Chronicles 7:1-3. The fire of the Lord fell from heaven and consumed the burnt offering. The glory of God filled the temple to the extent that the Priests could not perform their duties. I pray that as we call on God today, the Lord will answer our prayers by fire. I pray that the glory of God will fill our hearts as the temple of God in Jesus’ name.
- Father, I thank you because you always answer my prayer by fire. Lord, I thank you because whenever I knock on the door, you always answer.
2 Chronicles 7:3
And when all the children of Israel saw how the fire came down, and the glory of the Lord upon the house, they bowed themselves with their faces to the ground upon the pavement, and worshiped, and praised the Lord, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
2. Father, I pray that you will pour out your wrath like fire on every forces of darkness conspiring against me in Jesus’ name
Like an enemy he has strung his bow; his right hand is ready. Like a foe he has slain all who were pleasing to the eye; he has poured out his wrath like fire on the tent of Daughter Zion.
3. Father, I pray that whenever I call on your name, you will always answer my prayers by fire in Jesus’ name
When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, “Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them ?”
4. Father, I pray you will send down your fire and consume every forces of darkness waging war against my soul in Jesus’ name
2 Kings 1:10-14
Elijah answered the captain, “If I am a man of God, may fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty men!” Then fire fell from heaven and consumed the captain and his men. 11 At this the king sent to Elijah another captain with his fifty men. The captain said to him, “Man of God, this is what the king says, ‘Come down at once!’ ” 12 “If I am a man of God,” Elijah replied, “may fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty men!” Then the fire of God fell from heaven and consumed him and his fifty men.
13 So the king sent a third captain with his fifty men. This third captain went up and fell on his knees before Elijah. “Man of God,” he begged, “please have respect for my life and the lives of these fifty men, your servants! 14 See, fire has fallen from heaven and consumed the first two captains and all their men. But now have respect for my life!”
5. Father, I pray that you will answer my prayers by fire and all the fake prophets will know that you are the only true and living God.
1 Kings 18:24
And you call upon the name of your god, and I will call upon the name of the Lord, and the God who answers by fire, he is God. And all the people answered, “It is well spoken.”
6. Father, I pray that as I offer myself to you, you will accept my offering and send your fire to refine and purify me in Jesus’ name
1 Kings 18:38
Then the fire of the Lord fell and consumed the burnt offering and the wood and the stones and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
7. Father, I pray that anytime I call upon your name, you will answer by fire in Jesus name. Lord, I pray that you will accept my sacrificial offering and set me ablaze in Jesus’ name.
2 Chronicles 7:1-2
Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven, and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the Lord filled the house.
2 And the priests could not enter into the house of the Lord, because the glory of the Lord had filled the Lord’s house.
8. Father, I pray that you will send your fire and devour all the strongholds of the enemies in Jesus’ name
“So I will send a fire upon the wall of Tyre, and it shall devour her strongholds.”
9. Father, I pray that your consuming fire will consume all the impurities in my life and I will be more valuable for you in Jesus’ name
For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.
10. Father, I pray that you will always go before me as a consuming fire and destroy all the forces of darkness in Jesus’ name
Know therefore today that he who goes over before you as a consuming fire is the Lord your God. He will destroy them and subdue them before you. So you shall drive them out and make them perish quickly, as the Lord has promised you.
11. Father, I pray that you will constantly lead me by your fire in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that your fire will keep and guide me always in Jesus’ name
And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night.
12. Father, I pray that whenever I lift up my voice to pray to you, you will descend in your fire. Lord, I pray that you will meet me at the points of my needs in Jesus’ name
Now Mount Sinai was wrapped in smoke because the Lord had descended on it in fire. The smoke of it went up like the smoke of a kiln, and the whole mountain trembled greatly.
13. Father, I pray that your fire will protect my home all the time. Lord, I pray that your fire will preserve the Church of God in BKCC in Jesus’ name
For the cloud of the Lord was on the tabernacle by day, and fire was in it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel throughout all their journeys.
14. Father, I pray that whenever I pray to you, you will reveal yourself to me by your fire in Jesus’ name
When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces.
15. Father, I pray that whenever I pray or praise you, you will answer me by fire in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that your fire will always fall on my offering in Jesus’ name.
And fire came out from before the Lord and consumed the burnt offering and the pieces of fat on the altar, and when all the people saw it, they shouted and fell on their faces.
16. Father, I pray that you will be a wall of fire around me in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that I will be impenetrable for the enemies in Jesus’ name
“And I will be to her a wall of fire all around,” declares the Lord, “and I will be the glory in her midst.”
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
To be a part of the corporate prayers, stream live on our website from Monday 30th May to 2nd June from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, June 3rd for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page. Join us for our in-person service at Winston Heights Mountview Community Center (West Hall) 520 27 Avenue NE, Calgary on Friday June 3rd, 2022 by 7pm MST
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you a first time visitor to our website and you will like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support