Praying Against Strange Fire
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 11th Edition, Day 4 - Praying Against Strange Fire - Join us on Friday, May 6th, 2022 for the Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST. Theme- Ablaze For God
Praying Against Strange Fire
Today, we will be praying against strange fire. These words are mentioned in connection with the fatal sin committed by the two oldest sons of Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, in “offering strange fire before God on the occasion of the formal consecration of Aaron’s priesthood. The greatest calamity of all befell them in that God cut them off childless. What is a strange fire? A strange fire is a common, unholy, unacceptable, inappropriate fire which they placed in their censers. The sacred fire, once kindled on the altar, should not go out. They brought an unauthorized fire to the altar.
Are you also bringing a strange fire before the presence of God? When king Saul offered a sacrifice that he was not supposed to offer, it can be likened to offering a strange fire before God. If you have a zeal without knowledge like Apostle Paul before his encounter with God, it can be described as an unauthorized or strange fire. When you offer an unacceptable offering or service to God, it can be likened to a strange fire. You will need to reflect on your service to God and the manner at which you offer such services. It is not all service that we offer today that is acceptable to God. We need to be constantly led by the Holy Spirit.
The consequences of offering a strange fire is disastrous
Apostle Peter also seated in the firelight warming himself up when a servant girl saw him and told him that he was one of Jesus’ disciples. However, he denied Jesus. We need to be mindful of going to some strange places or moving with strange people. Such strange places or wrong associations can make us offer a strange fire to God. There are some places that we will go to sometimes that will quench the fire of the Holy Spirit in us. There are some people that we will move with that will quench the fire of the Holy Spirit. When you preach an unauthorized message, you are offering a strange fire to God. When you sing an unauthorized song to God, you are also offering a strange fire to him
Nadab and Abihu
We have seen what happened to Nadab and Abihu who offered a strange fire to God. God cut them off childless. Aaron also lost two of our sons in a day. Aaron’s sons should know better because their father was a high priest. The book of 2 Timothy 2:19 says, “Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.” This means that you can not fake it in the presence of God. He knows the type of fire you are offering.
1 Corinthians 3:13 says, “Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.” So, if you have been offering a strange fire, the fire of God will reveal it one day.
Today, you should pray for yourself for the grace not to offer a strange fire to God. You should also pray for your children and loved ones that they will not offer a strange fire and sin against God. You should also pray against unholy relationships or unwholesome places that lead you to offer a strange fire to God.
- Father, I thank you for baptizing me with your Holy Spirit and fire. Lord, I bless you for constantly filling me with your Holy Spirit.
Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord.
2. Father, I pray for the grace not to offer a strange fire to you. Lord, I pray that my children and all the members of my household will walk uprightly and they will not offer a strange fire to you in Jesus’ name
Aaron’s sons Nadab and Abihu took their censers, put fire in them and added incense; and they offered unauthorized fire before the Lord, contrary to his command. 2 So fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed them, and they died before the Lord
3. Father, I pray for the grace to be mindful of the location I go to or the association that I keep that can lead me to offering a strange fire to you in Jesus’ name
A servant girl saw him seated there in the firelight. She looked closely at him and said, “This man was with him.”
4. Father, I pray that you will reveal yourself to me in an unusual way and you will keep me burning for you in Jesus’ name
There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.” 4 When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!” And Moses said, “Here I am.” 5 “Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” 6 Then he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.
5. Father, I pray that when everyone’s work will be revealed by fire, it will be evident that I have not offered a strange fire to you in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that my work in your household will stand the test of time in Jesus’ name.
1 Corinthians 3:13
“Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.”
6. Father, I pray for the grace to depart from iniquity and to give a quality worship in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that I will not depart from the foundation that you have laid for us in Jesus’ name
2 Timothy 2:19
“Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”
7. Father, I pray that you will deliver my city and my nation from strange behavior and from sins of Sodom and Gomorrah that were destroyed by strange fire from God as a result of their sins
Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.
8. Father, I pray that I will not sin against you and I will not do anything that will provoke you to the extent of igniting a strange fire in my life or home in Jesus’ name
And fire came out from the Lord and consumed the 250 men offering the incense.
9. Father, I pray that you will preserve my children and you will constantly guide them so that they will not offer a strange fire in Jesus’ name
Nadab and Abihu, however, died before the Lord when they made an offering with unauthorized fire before him in the Desert of Sinai. They had no sons, so Eleazar and Ithamar served as priests during the lifetime of their father Aaron.
10. Father, I pray that my children will not offer a strange fire and I will not lose them in their prime age due to a strange fire in Jesus’ name
But Nadab and Abihu died when they made an offering before the Lord with unauthorized fire.
11. Father, I pray that my children will not offer a strange fire and they will not be childless in Jesus’ name
1 Chronicles 24:2
But Nadab and Abihu died before their father did, and they had no sons; so Eleazar and Ithamar served as the priests.
12. Father, I pray that you will give me the grace to constantly offer an acceptable sacrifice before you in Jesus’ name
Fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown.
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
To be a part of the corporate prayers, stream live on our website from Monday 30th May to 2nd June from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, June 3rd for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page. Join us for our in-person service at Winston Heights Mountview Community Center (West Hall) 520 27 Avenue NE, Calgary on Friday June 3rd, 2022 by 7pm MST
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you a first time visitor to our website and you will like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support