Praying for a Divine Encounter
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 2nd Edition, Day 4 - Praying For a Divine Encounter- Tuesday, August 3rd, 2021. Theme: The Touch of God
What is a divine encounter?
For you to understand what a divine encounter is, you need to first understand the definition of an encounter. Encounter means an unexpected or casual meeting with someone or something. It also means to engage in conflict with or to come upon face-to-face. Encounter is an occasion when two teams play against each other. An encounter with God is a divine encounter. When you encounter God He is able to deal with the enemy of your progress. When Jacob had an encounter with God, he did not only get a new name and a new character but he also started leaping from that day on. His physical strength was tampered with so that he could continually rely on God for spiritual strength.
An encounter can change the course of your life. Mary had an unusual encounter with God that almost made his fiancée to leave her. She became pregnant by the power of the Holy Ghost as a result of the encounter. However, when God intervened, Joseph reunited with Mary. She became a blessed woman who gave birth to our Lord Jesus Christ.
What happens when you have a divine encounter?
When you have an encounter with God, you must be careful of a negative attitude. When Zechariah encountered God, God did not only give him a son, He also dealt with his doubt. He became dumb for nine months before he could speak again. Although the ultimate aim of a divine encounter is to give you some positive outcome, God also deals with the flesh in the process.
A divine encounter may change your ambition and your profession. An encounter may totally change the course of your life. When Moses encountered God he had to leave his profession of tending the flocks of Jethro for God’s assignment. A mere shepherd eventually became a great prophet. Elisha did a similar thing. He left his profession and followed Elijah. He eventually got the double portion of the spirit of Elijah.
When Peter had an encounter with Jesus, he left his fishing profession to become a fisher of men. Just like he caught a lot of fish at Jesus’ command, he started fishing for men and he won thousands of souls for the Lord. When Paul also had an encounter with God, it changed his dreams and vision and he became mightily zealous for God.
As you pray for a divine encounter today, you have to be willing to yield totally to His will.
- Father, I pray that I will have a divine encounter with you in Jesus’ name. Just like you appeared to Moses supernaturally, he saw the flames of fire within a bush and the bush was not consumed. Let your fire burn in me, yet I will not be consumed. Let me experience the kind of fire that Moses encountered and he started doing great and extraordinary exploits. In Jesus’ name I pray.
There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.
2. Lord, I pray that I will encounter you and as a result, I will be highly favored. Just like Mary had an encounter with you and you highly favored her. She became the mother of Jesus. Father, let me be highly favored. In Jesus’ name I pray
The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”
3. Father, let me have a divine encounter with you that will change my vision and change my location. I need an encounter that will make me enter into your divine blessings and promises for my life. Abraham had an encounter with you and he became the father of many nations and the father of faith. Lord, let me have this experience also. In Jesus’ name I have prayed.
The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
2 “I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.
4. Jesus, I pray that you will appear to me just like you did to Apostle Paul. Reveal my error to me and let me turn away from my sinful ways and turn to you Lord. By this encounter, I pray that I will start doing great and mighty exploits for you Lord, just like Paul did. In Jesus’ name I pray
Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord’s disciples. He went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem.
3 As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”
5. Father, I pray that I will have a divine encounter with you the same way Zechariah had an encounter with you. Deal with the flesh Lord. Deal with my doubt and unbelief and bless me mightily. In Jesus’ name I pray
“Once when Zechariah’s division was on duty and he was serving as priest before God, 9 he was chosen by lot, according to the custom of the priesthood, to go into the temple of the Lord and burn incense. 10 And when the time for the burning of incense came, all the assembled worshipers were praying outside.
11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear.
13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth”
6. Father, just like Jonah had an encounter with you, let me have an encounter with you Lord. Just like you gave him a message, give me a message. If I try to derail from the path that you have set for, redirect me by supernatural encounter. Just like you did to Jonah and you redirected him to where you sent him, direct my path oh Lord. in Jesus’ name I pray.
The word of the Lord came to Jonah son of Amittai: 2 “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.”
3 But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the Lord.
7. Father, I pray that I will have a similar encounter that Prophet Isaiah had. You touched his tongue with a coal of fire and he became a great prophet. Touch my tongue with a coal of fire Lord and let me become a changed man. In Jesus’ name I pray
“Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”
6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”
8. Father, I pray that I will have a divine encounter just like King Saul encountered you. As a result of that encounter, King Saul became a king and he became a changed man the moment Prophet Samuel anointed him. Lord, anoint me and let me become a changed man. In Jesus’ name I pray
1 Samuel 10:1-2
Samuel took a jar of the special oil and poured the oil on Saul’s head. Samuel kissed Saul and said, “The Lord has anointed you to be the leader over the people who belong to him. You will control the people. You will save them from the enemies that are all around them. He has anointed you to be ruler over his people. Here is a sign that will prove this is true:
2 After you leave me today, you will meet two men near Rachel’s tomb on the border of Benjamin at Zelzah. The two men will say to you, ‘Someone found the donkeys you were looking for. Your father stopped worrying about his donkeys. Now he is worrying about you. He is saying: What will I do about my son?’”
Stream live on our website from Monday 2nd August to 5th August from 7 pm – 8 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, August 6th for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Will you like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.