Praying For Revival
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 2nd Edition, Day 5 - Praying For Revival- August 5th, 2021. Theme: The Touch of God
Praying For Revival: We need a great revival in our land
Today, we will praying for revival in our life and in our land. For you to make an indelible impact in your world, you need a personal revival. The truth is that you can not give what you don’t have. Jesus told the believers to wait in the upper room until they were baptized with the power of the Holy Spirit. It was that personal revival that gave birth to a national revival. The Apostles started doing outstanding miracles and there was massive conversion of souls after they had been personally revived in the upper room.
Jesus Christ also waited for forty days and forty nights in fasting and prayer. After the encounter in the wilderness, He went about healing all those who have diseases and doing great signs and wonders. The truth is that a blind can not lead the blind just like Jesus said in the scripture. A blind can only lead others into the ditch. Until you are personally revived, you can not set the world ablaze for Jesus Christ.
Why praying for revival?
Moses could not deliver the Israelites by his strength. He attempted to do so when he was forty years old at the end of the day he ran away. When he had an encounter with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob he was revived and was able to deliver the people. He was able to do the same assignment he ran away from simply because he saw the fire of God in the burning bush. Until you are revived you can not do great and mighty exploits for God. You can imagine what God later did through Moses as a result of that personal encounter.
As we raise our voices in prayer to God today, I pray that God will set us on fire and we will not recover from this personal revival throughout our lifetime in Jesus’ name.
- Father, I am thirsty for a true revival. You quenched the thirst of Samson when he was exhausted and thirsty after a great victory. You miraculously provided water for him at Lehi. Lord, I need that same provision. I pray that you will quench my thirsty soul. In Jesus’ name I pray
Then he became very thirsty, and he called to the Lord and said, “You have given this great deliverance by the hand of Your servant, and now shall I die of thirst and fall into the hands of the uncircumcised?” But God split the hollow place that is in Lehi so that water came out of it. When he drank, his strength returned and he revived. Therefore he named it En-hakkore, which is in Lehi to this day.
2. Father, I am hungry for a true revival. You said in your Word that man shall not live by bread alone but by every Word that proceeds from God’s mouth. I am sure that just like physical bread could satisfy a hungry soul, mighty revelation into your Word can lead to a great revival. Revive me Lord by giving a great and mighty revelation into your Word. In Jesus’ name I pray
1 Samuel 30:11-12
Now they found an Egyptian in the field and brought him to David, and gave him bread and he ate, and they provided him water to drink. They gave him a piece of fig cake and two clusters of raisins, and he ate; then his spirit revived. For he had not eaten bread or drunk water for three days and three nights.
3. Lord, give me divine strength from above. Whenever I am weary from the journey like Elijah, I need your touch and I want you to feed me with a supernatural meal. Let the meal take for my lifetime Christians journey and let it give me the ability to do great and mighty exploits for God. In Jesus’ name I pray
1 Kings 19:7-8
The angel of the Lord came again a second time and touched him and said, “Arise, eat, because the journey is too great for you.” So he arose and ate and drank, and went in the strength of that food forty days and forty nights to Horeb, the mountain of God.
4. Father, just like the words of Joseph revived Jacob, I need your Word to produce a great revival in my life. Give me a deep revelation into your Word Lord. Give me an insight into your Word that will change my life forever and cause a great revival in my life. In Jesus’ name I pray.
When they told him all the words of Joseph that he had spoken to them, and when he saw the wagons that Joseph had sent to carry him, the spirit of their father Jacob revived.
5. Lord, I pray for the renewing power of the Holy Spirit. Pour your Spirit upon me richly Lord and let me experience a great and mighty revival. I am not satisfied with the level I am because I know there are greater heights I can attain in you Lord. Revive me again and let the whole world see the impact of what you can do through me. In Jesus’ name I pray
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior
6. Father, send your Word and let me be pierced to the heart. Give a great understanding and revelation of your Word. Let my eyes of understanding be opened, Lord so that I will experience a great revival. Let your Word constantly come to me. In Jesus’ name I pray
Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?”
7. Lord, I pray that as from now on, the gospel will not come to me in Word only, but also in power and the Holy Spirit and with full conviction. Set me ablaze for you Lord and through me, let the whole world catch the fire and continually be on fire for Christ. In Jesus’ name I pray.
1 Thessalonians 1:5
for our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction; just as you know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake.
8.Father, cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness and let the bone you have crushed rejoice. Revive Lord and deal with every activity of the flesh that will not allow me to be a great vessel in your hand Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray
9. Father, restore to me the joy of my salvation and grant me a willing Spirit to sustain me. I pray that I will continually be on fire for you throughout my lifetime. In Jesus’ name I pray.
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 8 Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. 10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me
10. Father, I pray that you will give me understanding that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart. Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in your Word. Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain! Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things and give me life in your ways. In Jesus’ name I pray
Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart.
35 Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it.36 Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!
37 Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways
11. O God, I pray for the grace to seek you earnestly. My soul thirst for you and my flesh years for you. In a dry and weary land where there is no water, Lord give me mighty rivers in my desert Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray
O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
12. Lord, as I wait upon you I pray that you will renew my strength. Let me start mounting up with wings like eagles. As I run, I pray that I will not be tired. As I walk, I pray that I will not become weary. In Jesus’ name I pray
Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.
13. Father, I pray that just like you stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, come and stir up my spirit Lord. Father, stir up the spirit of everyone associated with BKCC and energize us to start a great work in the house of the Lord, in our city, in the nation of Canada and all over the world in Jesus’ name.
So the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and worked on the house of the Lord of hosts, their God
14. Father, I pray that you will destroy every idol in my heart and every throne that is not for you. I am rebuilding your altar in my heart today as I enthrone you as my Lord. I pray that I will serve the Lord all the days of my life. Set me ablaze for you Lord. in Jesus’ name I pray
2 Chronicles 33:15-16
He also removed the foreign gods and the idol from the house of the Lord, as well as all the altars which he had built on the mountain of the house of the Lord and in Jerusalem, and he threw them outside the city. He set up the altar of the Lord and sacrificed peace offerings and thank offerings on it; and he ordered Judah to serve the Lord God of Israel
Stream live on our website from Monday 2nd August to 5th August from 7 pm – 8 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, August 6th for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Will you like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.