Praying for Marriages
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 2nd Edition, Day 3 - Praying For Marriages- Monday, August 2nd, 2021. Theme: The Touch of God
Your Marriage Needs Prayer: We will be Praying for Marriages
The first recorded miracle that Jesus did was at the wedding at Cana of Galilee. Jesus performed this miracle even before he started his ministry. He told His mother that she was disturbing him before His time. However, He still did this miracle. Many marriages are lacking wine today. The wine has finished in many homes and their marriage needs an encounter with Jesus who can supply new wine. Many homes are at the verge of crashing but there is a God who can heal homes and marriages.
Marriage was the first institution that was attacked by Satan. Husbands and wives are trading blame today just like Adam and Eve did in the garden of Eden. Satan’s aim is to actually destroy our relationship with God and one of the strategies he is using to achieve that is by destroying homes. He believes that if he can get the wife, he will get the husband and vice versa. Just like God covered the nakedness of Adam and Eve, God is still able to cover our nakedness in our marriages if we allow Him.
Love and submission is scarce in many marriages today. Yet, the scripture likened marriages to the relationship between the Church and Christ. God expects wives to submit to their husbands like the Church submits to Christ and He expects husbands to love their wives just like Christ loves the Church. Homes and marriages is the smallest unit of the Church. If all homes are safe and secure, then the church will be safe. Every attack on marriages is an attack on the church so we must not take it lightly.
Let us pray today that God will heal our homes and marriages so that we can begin to enjoy new wine as from today. Also pray for loved ones whom the devil is attacking their marriages.
Prayer Point: Praying for marriages is very important
- Lord, I pray that you will be the center of my home and marriage. I pray that I will not lack your presence in my marriage. In Jesus’ name I pray
- Lord, I pray that my marriage will not lack new wine. The wine in my home and marriage will not finish and my marriage will become sweeter and sweeter. In Jesus’ name I pray
On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”
4 “Woman, why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”
5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”
6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.
7 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water”; so they filled them to the brim.
8 Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.”
They did so, 9 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”
11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.
3. Lord, I pray that the devil will not be able to attack my home and marriage. I come against all his tactics, all his cunningness and all his subtlety and I declare to you Satan, get out of my home and marriage. In Jesus’ name I pray
4. Father, I pray that whatever my spouse and I will do that will soil the relationship that we have with you Lord, we will not do it in Jesus’ name. Father, come and preserve my home and marriage. In Jesus’ name I pray
Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”
2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”
4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
5. Lord, I pray that my spouse will not give me any evil suggestion in Jesus’ name. You will constantly lead my spouse aright and every advice and suggestions from him or her will be from the Holy Spirit. In Jesus’ name I pray.
so she said to Abram, “The LORD has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my slave; perhaps I can build a family through her.” Abram agreed to what Sarai said.
6. Father, I pray that you will deliver my spouse from every form of temptations in Jesus’ name. The sin that my spouse will commit that will have an adverse effect on the whole family I pray that he or she will not commit such an offence. In Jesus’ name I pray
2 Samuel 11:2-4
2 One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, 3 and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, “She is Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite.” 4 Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her. (Now she was purifying herself from her monthly uncleanness.) Then she went back home.
7. Lord, I pray that the devil will not devour my family in Jesus’ name. We are shielded and protected by the blood of the Lamb. I pray that no harm shall come near my spouse and my family. In Jesus’ name I pray
1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walketh about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour
8. Lord, I pray against every spirit of disunity in my marriage. I pray that just like God has made us one, we will always have a unity of purpose. In Jesus’ name I pray
9. Lord, I come against the spirit of favoritism that may cause a great trouble among the children. In Jesus’ name I pray
6 Rebekah said to her son Jacob, “I heard your father speak to your brother Esau, 7 ‘Bring me game and prepare for me delicious food, that I may eat it and bless you before the Lord before I die.’ 8 Now therefore, my son, obey my voice as I command you. 9 Go to the flock and bring me two good young goats, so that I may prepare from them delicious food for your father, such as he loves. 10 And you shall bring it to your father to eat, so that he may bless you before he dies.” 11 But Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, “Behold, my brother Esau is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man. 12 Perhaps my father will feel me, and I shall seem to be mocking him and bring a curse upon myself and not a blessing.” 13 His mother said to him, “Let your curse be on me, my son; only obey my voice, and go, bring them to me.”
14 So he went and took them and brought them to his mother, and his mother prepared delicious food, such as his father loved. 15 Then Rebekah took the best garments of Esau her older son, which were with her in the house, and put them on Jacob her younger son. 16 And the skins of the young goats she put on his hands and on the smooth part of his neck. 17 And she put the delicious food and the bread, which she had prepared, into the hand of her son Jacob.
10. Father, I pray that I will not conspire with my spouse to do evil or to sin against you Lord. Instead, My spouse and I will constantly do what is pleasing to you. In Jesus’ name I pray
11. Lord, I pray that whatever sin that my spouse and I will commit that will lead to a great punishment from you, we will not commit such or think of such sin. In Jesus’ name I pray
Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.
3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”
5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.
7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”
“Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”
9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”
10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.
Stream live on our website from Monday 2nd August to 5th August from 7 pm – 8 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, August 6th for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Will you like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.