Praying for Forgiveness of Sins | NODE
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 2nd Edition, Day 2 - Praying For Forgiveness of Sins- Sunday, August 1st, 2021. Theme: The Touch of God
We Need Your Forgiveness: Forgive Us Lord We Pray
We all need forgiveness of sins from the Lord. One of the major hindrances to prayers is sin. God’s ears are not heavy to hear our prayers and His hands are not too short to deliver us. Sinful lifestyle normally brings hindrance to our prayers. When the Israelites were defeated by the city of Ai, it was not because God could not give them victory. It was simply because there was sin in the camp. Achan had taken what he was not supposed to take.
Sin is so deadly to the extent that when Jesus was carrying the sins of the world God forsook His begotten Son. Jesus taught his disciples to pray for forgiveness of sins as they forgive others also. Just like our sins can hinder our prayers, unforgiveness has a similar effect. When you refuse to forgive others you prevent God from forgiving you and hinder answers to your prayers.
We can not continue in sins and expect grace to abound. Grace only continually flows when you stop sinning. We will be praying for the forgiveness of sins and take care of anything that can hinder our prayers today. We can take a solace in the Word of God which says, “Sins will not have dominion over you”
Prayer Points: Forgiveness of Sins
- Lord, I thank you for removing my transgressions from me. Thank you for forgiving my sins and for washing me with your blood. Thank you Father because due to the forgiveness of my sins, I can approach the throne of grace boldly to obtain mercy in my times of need. In Jesus’ name I pray.
“As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.”
2. Lord, I thank you because you are forgiving, good and abounding in love towards me and my household. All glory be to your holy name Jesus. In Jesus’ name I pray
“You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.”
3. Lord, I forgive all those who have offended me. I release them from my heart whole heartedly and I pray for the grace to constantly forgive those who trespass against me. In Jesus’ name I pray
“And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”
4. Father, search my heart. If I still abhor the spirit of unforgiveness or bitterness in my heart, Lord take it away in Jesus’ name. Create in me a new heart oh Lord and renew a right Spirit within me. In Jesus’ name I pray
“For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.”
5. Father, I pray that you will deliver me from keeping offense. Lord, I pray that I will constantly forgive others just like you have forgiven me in Jesus’ name. Lord, roll away every spirit of unforgiveness within me. As I forgive others, Lord please forgive me. In Jesus’ name I pray
“Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”
6. Lord, deliver me from a judgmental spirit. Father, deliver me from the spirit that condemns others without even looking inward. I receive the grace to remove the log in my eyes and I refuse to focus on the speck in other people’s eyes. As I forgive others, Lord, I pray that I will be forgiven. In Jesus’ name I pray
“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.”
7. Father, I pray for the grace not to keep records of evil in Jesus’ name. Instead, I receive the grace to easily forgive others and to also forget about their wrongdoings. I receive the grace to work in your plans and precepts for my life. In Jesus’ name I pray
“Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, ‘Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?’ Jesus answered, ‘I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.’ “
8. Father, please forgive my sins and my transgressions in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that my sins will not be counted against me. In Jesus’ name I pray
“Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.”
9. Confess your sins before God today. As you confess your sins, pray that the faithful God will forgive you due to His faithfulness and He will cleanse you from all unrighteousness in Jesus’ name.
1 John 1:9
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
10. Father, please forgive me of all my wickedness. Let my sins be blotted out and I pray that you will remember them no more. In Jesus’ name I pray.
“For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
11. Father, I pray that you will purify me from all my sins according to your mercy in Jesus’ name. In any way I have rebelled against you, Lord, please have mercy on me. In Jesus’ name I pray
“The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him.”
12. Father, I pray that you will blot out my transgressions for your own sake. I pray that you will not remember my sins anymore. In Jesus’ name I pray
“I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more
“Then he adds: Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.”
13. Father, I know that if you should mark iniquities, I can not stand. But I know that there is forgiveness with you. So, forgive my sins Lord and remember them no more. In Jesus’ name I pray
“If You, Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But there is forgiveness with You, that You may be feared.”
14. Father, I thank you because I have redemption through your blood. I know that I have received the forgiveness of my sins according to the riches of your grace which you made abound toward me in all wisdom and prudence. Accept my worship and praise oh! Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray.
“In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence.”
Stream live on our website from Monday 2nd August to 5th August from 7 pm – 8 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, August 6th for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Will you like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.