Praying For A Great Revival Part 1
Day 23: 40 DAYS PRAYER, FASTING AND WORSHIP FEB 3rd to MARCH 14th, 2021. 2021, A YEAR OF NEW BEGINNING - ISAIAH 43:17-19
Short Exhortation About Revival
What is revival? Revival means restoration, rejuvenation, or renewal of interest after spiritual neglect. It is a heartfelt return to God and His commandment. Whenever there is a genuine revival, lost people will be saved, the church will be awakened from apathy and stagnation, individual Christians will be renewed, families will be healed in their relationships, the unity in the body of Christ will improve, believers will be sanctified and those who have strayed can return to the Lord.
True revival will lead to an increase in love for brethren, there will be an increase in the intensity of prayer and people will be lovers of God more than ever before. Those who have been weak before in the place of prayer will receive new energy and family altars will be reinvigorated. Isaiah 57:15 says, “For this is what the high and exalted One says, he who lives forever, whose name is holy: “I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.” God is still interested in reviving the spirit of the lowly and the heart of the contrite.
Revival is the outpouring of the Spirit of God upon all flesh. Acts 2:17 says “In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.” So, revival is the promise of the Father to all flesh. When there is a great revival in the land, God is invariably fulfilling His promise to us.
Psalm 85:6; Psalm 80:19; Isaiah 57:15; 2 Chronicles 7:14; 1 Kings 18:21; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 5:14; Hosea 6:2; Isaiah 6:5; Habakkuk 3:2; Jeremiah 30:17; Jeremiah 33:3; Jeremiah 6:16; Psalm 19:7; Psalm 22:27; Psalm 51:10; Psalm 80:18; Revelation 3:20; Revelation 3:20; Numbers 23:19
Prayer Points About Revival:
1. Lord, we thank you because you are not a man that you should lie and you are not a son of man that you should repent. You have promised us great revival in your Word and we know that you will fulfill it. We thank you Lord because every Word that you have spoken, you will make it good. Accept our thanks Lord in Jesus’ name
“God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?”
2. God, we pray that you will revive our spirit and revive our heart in Jesus’ name. We pray that you will give everyone of us in this nation a lowly and a contrite heart so that there can be a genuine revival in the land in Jesus’ name.
For this is what the high and exalted One says, he who lives forever, whose name is holy: “I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.
3. Lord, we pray that you will revive us again so that your people may rejoice in you in Jesus’ name
“Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?”
4. Father, let there be a great revival in the land in Jesus’ name. Restore us, O Lord God of hosts! Let your face shine that we may be saved!
“Restore us, O Lord God of hosts! Let your face shine, that we may be saved!”
5. Lord, we pray that there will be a genuine repentance in the land in Jesus’ name. We pray that the body of Christ will humble themselves and pray and seek the face of God and turn from their wicked ways. Lord, according to your Word, please as we pray, hear from heaven, forgive our sins and heal our land in Jesus’ name
2 Chronicles 7:14
“If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
6. Lord, we pray for the nation of Canada and the continent of North America that all those who are currently serving other gods will turn to Christ in Jesus’ name. There will be a great revival in the land that will turn the hearts of men to God in Jesus’ name
1 Kings 18:21
“And Elijah came near to all the people and said, “How long will you go limping between two different opinions? If the Lord is God, follow him; but if Baal, then follow him.” And the people did not answer him a word.”
7. Father, we pray that you give us the power to witness Christ in Calgary, in Canada, in North America and at the end of the earth in Jesus’ name.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
8. God, you promised us that in the last days, you will pour out your Spirit on all people, so we pray that there will be an outpouring of your spirit upon all people in Jesus’ name. We pray that our sons and daughters will prophesy and our old men will dream dreams in Jesus’ name
“In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.”
“And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.”
9. Lord, we pray that all Christians who are currently sleeping will awake and rise from being spiritually dead in Jesus’ name. We pray that as from now on, Christ will shine on us in Jesus’ name
“For anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, “Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.”
10. Lord, we have heard the report of great and mighty revival in the past, so we pray that there will be repetition of such again in Jesus’ name. We pray that in wrath, you will remember mercy in Jesus’ name
O Lord, I have heard the report of you, and your work, O Lord, do I fear. In the midst of the years revive it; in the midst of the years make it known; in wrath remember mercy.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever