Praying For a Great Salvation From The Storm
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 10th Edition, Day 3 - Praying For a Great Salvation From The Storm - Join us on Friday, May 6th, 2022 for the Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST. Theme- The Storm Is Over
Praying For a Great Salvation From The Storm
Today, we will be praying for a great salvation from the storm. There are some storms that come from the devil and there are some other storms that come from God. Wherever a storm is coming from, it is only God that can give a great salvation from the storm. When Jonah ran away from God’s assignment, the book of Jonah 1:4-5 says, “Then the Lord sent a great wind on the sea, and such a violent storm arose that the ship threatened to break up. All the sailors were afraid and each cried out to his own god. And they threw the cargo into the sea to lighten the ship.”
In the account above, this storm was from God and Jonah was the cause of the storm. However, because of one person who disobeyed God, there was a violent storm in the ship. All the people on the ship lost their cargo. They threw their cargo into the sea to lighten the ship, yet, the storm was not abated. All the sailors on the ship were also afraid and each cried out to his own god yet the situation did not change. Definitely, all the people on the ship would have been confused not knowing what else to do. They needed a great salvation from the storm.
God can give you a great salvation from the storm
Have you also found yourself in this kind of situation? Probably you are in the midst of a storm that you did not know the cause of. You have done all that you could yet the storm continued. I pray that the Lord will give you a great salvation from the storm. It is possible that you have lost your properties as a result of the storm and you are even about to lose your life. I pray that God will step into the situation in Jesus’ name.
In that book of Jonah, we realize that the cause of the storm was in deep sleep even in the midst of the storm. Jonah 1:5-6 says, “But Jonah had gone below deck, where he lay down and fell into a deep sleep. 6 The captain went to him and said, “How can you sleep? Get up and call on your god! Maybe he will take notice of us so that we will not perish.”
Are you the cause of the storm in your life?
Jonah knew that he was the cause of the storm yet he allowed these people to waste their properties. Other people in the ship were bothered but Jonah was not bothered. At the end of the day, these people went to challenge Jonah and asked him why he was not bothered by the storm. They told him to also call on his God. At this point, Jonah told them the solution to the storm. He advised them to throw him into the sea and the storm would be abated. That was exactly what happened. The moment they threw Jonah into the sea, the storm abated.
I pray that the Lord will reveal the cause of whatever storm you might be going through right now to you in Jesus’ name. I also pray that the Lord will give you a great salvation from the storm in Jesus name. Whatever you have lost as a result of that storm, you will recover all in Jesus’ name.
Prayer Points: Salvation From The Storm
- Father, I thank you because you are my refuge and strength and a very present help in trouble. Lord, I thank you for delivering me from the roaring and troubled waters. Father, accept my thanksgiving in Jesus’ name
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof
2. Father, I pray for the grace to constantly obey you so that I will not be the cause of the storm in my life in Jesus’ name
The word of the Lord came to Jonah son of Amittai: 2 “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.”
3 But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the Lord.
3. Father, I pray that you will save me and my family from every violent storm in Jesus’ name
Then the Lord sent a great wind on the sea, and such a violent storm arose that the ship threatened to break up
4. Father, I pray that I will not lose my properties to the storm in Jesus’ name. Lord I pray that you will protect me and all that belongs to me in Jesus’ name
All the sailors were afraid and each cried out to his own god. And they threw the cargo into the sea to lighten the ship. But Jonah had gone below deck, where he lay down and fell into a deep sleep
5. Father, I pray that you will reveal the cause of any storm in my life to me in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that you will deliver me from every relationship or companionship that is causing storm in my life in Jesus’ name
The captain went to him and said, “How can you sleep? Get up and call on your god! Maybe he will take notice of us so that we will not perish.”
7 Then the sailors said to each other, “Come, let us cast lots to find out who is responsible for this calamity.” They cast lots and the lot fell on Jonah.
6. Father, I pray against any association that is causing a storm in my life in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that I will not be the cause of storm in other peoples’ lives in Jesus’ name
So they asked him, “Tell us, who is responsible for making all this trouble for us? What kind of work do you do? Where do you come from? What is your country? From what people are you?”
9 He answered, “I am a Hebrew and I worship the Lord, the God of heaven, who made the sea and the dry land.”
10 This terrified them and they asked, “What have you done?” (They knew he was running away from the Lord, because he had already told them so.)
7. Father, I pray that you will reveal the solution to all sorts of storms in my life in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that you will reveal what to do to me so that the storm can be abated
The sea was getting rougher and rougher. So they asked him, “What should we do to you to make the sea calm down for us?”
12 “Pick me up and throw me into the sea,” he replied, “and it will become calm. I know that it is my fault that this great storm has come upon you.”
8. Father, I pray that you will give me a great salvation from the storm in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that when you reveal the cause of the storm and the solution to me, you will give the boldness to take the right steps in Jesus’ name
Instead, the men did their best to row back to land. But they could not, for the sea grew even wilder than before. 14 Then they cried out to the Lord, “Please, Lord, do not let us die for taking this man’s life. Do not hold us accountable for killing an innocent man, for you, Lord, have done as you pleased.” 15 Then they took Jonah and threw him overboard, and the raging sea grew calm.
9. Father, I pray that as a result of the salvation you give me from this storm, all the people will fear and worship you in Jesus’ name
At this the men greatly feared the Lord, and they offered a sacrifice to the Lord and made vows to him.
10. Father, I pray that as you deliver me from this storm, I will not enter another turbulent and disastrous situation in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that the storm will be completely over in my life in Jesus’ name
Now the Lord provided a huge fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
Stream live on our website from Monday 2nd May to 5th May from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, May 6th for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you a first time visitor to our website and you will like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support
Join us for our in-person service