Praying For The Key of David
21 Days Fasting and Prayer for Open Doors. Our Night of Divine Encounter comes up on the last day 4th February - Today's Prayer Theme: Praying For The Key of David. Join us on Friday, February 4th, 2021 for the Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST. Theme: The Keys of The Kingdom
Praying For The Key of David
Today, we are going to be praying for the key of David. What is the key of David and what does it symbolize? The key of David is a supernatural key that has supernatural abilities to open and close. it can be used to close a door and it cannot be opened again. If a door is opened with the key, it will not be closed again. The “Key,” in the scriptures is a symbol of government, authority and power. (Isaiah 22:20-22)
We realize that the key of David appears just twice in the Bible. The first occurrence of the key of David is in the book of Isaiah the prophet where it states, “And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder (Eliakim as an allusion or type of Christ); so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open” (Isaiah 22:22, KJV). In Matthew 16:18-19, Jesus said that He has given us the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever we bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever we loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
The second time it appeared is in Revelation where it states, “To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write . . . who holds the KEY OF DAVID” (Revelation 3:7). The speaker is the resurrected Jesus, whom John sees in a vision, and the message is to the church at Philadelphia. Christ possessed this key. It is a proof that God is the Being addressing the church. He is “the Holy One, the One Who is true.”
What Does The Key of David Symbolize?
The key is like the Word of God in your mouth. You speak to situations and circumstances based on your revelation of the Word of God. You can shut down any unpleasant doors and you can open the pleasant doors. The Word of God in your mouth can bring salvation to the lost, heal the sick, raise the dead, bring deliverance to the oppressed and perform several signs and wonders. You rule with decrees like kings because you are in government reigning with Christ. You are to rule like Jesus on earth because you come from that lineage.
When the God is reveals His Word to you, it becomes a key that you can use to unlock your blessings in the kingdom. The revealed Word of God can also be a key that you can use to shut the door against the enemies. Today, we are going to pray for the key of David and we will begin to exercise our authority and dominion on earth.
- Father, I thank you for placing on my shoulder the key of the house of David. Thank you Lord for giving the grace to open doors that no one can shut to shut doors that no one can open
I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David; what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.
2. Father, I thank you for giving us your Son, Jesus Christ. I know that the government is upon His shoulder and now I reign and rule with him. I pray and I pull down every government contrary to the kingdom of God in my life and in my nation in Jesus’ name.
3. Father, you said in your Word that “Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end”. I open the door of permanent peace in my life and in this nation in Jesus’ name.
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.
4. Father, I thank you for giving us your Son, Jesus Christ. I pray that as a joint-heir, I will begin to reign and rule with Him in Jesus’ name. I destroy anything that represents the work of darkness in my life and in my home in Jesus’ name.
31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”
5. Father, I pray that no one will be able to shut down the open door that you have placed before me. I receive the grace to constantly keep your Word and to continually proclaim your name to the whole world. I pray for the grace to positively use this key of David to unleash terror to the kingdom of darkness in Jesus’ name.
“And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: ‘The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, who shuts and no one opens.
8 “‘I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.
6. Father, thank you for the authority you have given to me to bind and loose on earth. I bind every work of darkness in my life and in my home and set all the captives and the prisoners free in the name of Jesus.
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
7. Father, I pray that no adversaries will be able to resist or contradict the Word of God in my mouth. I pray that I will gain more insight about the wisdom of God anytime I read my Bible. Through this knowledge of the Word of God I will constantly defeat Satan and his cohorts in Jesus’ name.
For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.
8. Father, I pray that you will reveal to me the mysteries of the kingdom of God. I receive the grace to take over nations and territories for the kingdom of God. I receive the grace to shut the mouth of kings ruling contrary to God’s kingdom. They will understand mysteries of God’s kingdom and submit to Christ in Jesus’ name
so he will sprinkle many nations, and kings will shut their mouths because of him. For what they were not told, they will see, and what they have not heard, they will understand.
9. Father, I come against the gates of hell and the gates of the deepest darkness. I used the key of David to shut the gates of hell and I pray that it will not prevail over the Church in Jesus’ name
Have the gates of death been shown to you? Have you seen the gates of the deepest darkness?
10. Father, I pray that you will bring the sinners and the unbelievers out of utter darkness. Lord, I pray that you will break down the gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron and set free those whom Satan had held captives in Jesus’ name.
He brought them out of darkness, the utter darkness, and broke away their chains. 15 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, 16 for he breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron.
11. Father, I come against every form of sickness in my body using this key in Isaiah 53:4-5. I decree that the chastisement of my peace was on Jesus and by His wounds I am healed
Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
12. Father, I pray that none will miscarry or be barren in my land. I pray that I will have a full life span according to your Word in Jesus’ name
“And none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span.”
13. Father, I pray using the key in Deuteronomy 28:13, that I shall be the head and not the tail. I pray that I shall be above only and not be beneath. I receive the grace to keep your commandments and observe to do them in Jesus’ name.
And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath, if thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them.
Stream live on our website from Mondays to Thursdays from 15th January and 4th February, 2022 from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -9pm MST on Fridays. Join us on February 4th for our Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you a first time visitor to our website and you will like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.