Praying That God Will Roll Away our Reproach
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 15th Edition, Day 2- Praying That God Will Roll Away our Reproach - Join us on Friday, October 7th, 2022 for the Night of Divine Encounter between 7pm to 10pm MST. Theme- Rise Up And Walk
Praying That God Will Roll Away Our Reproach
Today, we will be praying that God will roll away our reproach. A reproach is a thing that makes the failings of someone or something else more apparent. Reproach is synonymous to disgrace, abuse, blame, blemish, disrepute, indignity, stigma, shame or discredit.
There are so many people that faced some reproach in the bible. However, Some of them cried unto God and He rolled away their reproach. The mother of Jabez gave her son that ignoble name because she gave birth to him in sorrow. For several years, that name affected his destiny. One day, Jabez prayed to God and God intervened in his situation. The book of 1 Chronicles 4:10 says, “Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request” It doesn’t really matter the names that people have called you that are working against you. As you cry unto God today, God will roll away your reproach.
God rolled away Hannah’s Reproach
Hannah also went through a lot of abuse. She was barren for a very long time and the stigma was very unbearable for her. To worsen it all, her rival Peninnah was always abusing her and the ridicule was too much for Hannah to bear. One day at Shiloh, Hannah cried unto God to roll away her reproach. God answered her and she gave birth to Samuel, a National Prophet. She gave birth to a son who God used mightily in Israel to enthrone the first and second king in Israel. God rolled away her reproach and gave her many children thereafter. It doesn’t really matter what you are going through as well. Are you experiencing a form of barrenness like Hannah? As we cried to God today, He will roll away your reproach.
God Took Away The Shame of The Woman with Issues of Blood
The woman with the issue of blood had been sick for about twelve years. On a certain day, she met Jesus and she touched the hem of his garment. Instantly, she became whole. Her blemish was over with one encounter with Jesus. The truth is that Jesus is still in the business of taking away people’s reproach. All you need to do is to touch the hem of His garment through your prayers and you will be made whole. Are you sick in your body and this sickness has been lingering for so long? God will heal you and He will roll away your reproach today in Jesus’ name.
God Restored The Wealth of Job and Took Away His Reproach
Job was another man whom God took away his shame. He was the richest in his region but he suddenly lost his wealth in one day. He had many children but lost them all in one day. Job had good health but Satan inflicted terrible sickness on him. His wife told him to curse God and die. His friend believed that he must have sinned against God for such calamity to come upon him. Someone who was the richest in his region probably became the poorest. His enviable position became a pitiable situation. However, he trusted God for a miracle.
According to Job 14:14, he said, “If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait, Till my change comes.” Job actually waited and trusted in God until his change came. God turned everything around for him. He got back double his wealth and God gave him wonderful children. The Lord is still in the business of rolling away people’s reproach. I pray that as we cry unto Him today, He will roll away our reproach in Jesus’ name.
- Father, I thank you because you are great and most worthy of praise. Lord, I thank you because your greatness no one can fathom. Thank you Jesus for rolling away my reproach
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom
2. Father, I pray that you will bless me and enlarge my territory. Let your hand be with me and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain. Lord, roll away my reproach
1 Chronicles 4:10
“Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request”
3. Father, I pray that just like you rolled away Job’s reproach, you will roll away my reproach in Jesus’ name
“If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait, Till my change comes.”
4. Father, I pray that you will heal me from every form of disease that could bring me a reproach. Lord, I pray that you will make me whole in Jesus’ name
Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak. 21 She said to herself, “If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.” 22 Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed at that moment.
5. Father, I pray that you will deliver me from all forms of barrenness and you will roll away my reproach just like you did for Hannah.
1 Samuel 1:19-20
Early the next morning they arose and worshiped before the Lord and then went back to their home at Ramah. Elkanah made love to his wife Hannah, and the Lord remembered her. 20 So in the course of time Hannah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel, saying, “Because I asked the Lord for him.”
6. Father, I pray that you will answer my prayers in all the areas that seem that all hope is lost. Lord, I pray that you will roll away my reproach in Jesus’ name
Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him
7. Father, I pray that you will take away my shame and give me a miracle that will make the whole world to celebrate with me. Lord, roll away my reproach in Jesus’ name
When it was time for Elizabeth to have her baby, she gave birth to a son
8. Father, I pray that you will roll away my reproach just like you did for Ruth and Naomi. Lord, I pray that wherever I have been ridiculed I will be celebrated in Jesus’ name
So Boaz took Ruth and she became his wife. When he made love to her, the Lord enabled her to conceive, and she gave birth to a son. 14 The women said to Naomi: “Praise be to the Lord, who this day has not left you without a guardian-redeemer. May he become famous throughout Israel!15 He will renew your life and sustain you in your old age. For your daughter-in-law, who loves you and who is better to you than seven sons, has given him birth.”
9. Father, I pray that you will elevate me and roll away my reproach just like you did for Joseph. Lord, I pray that in the same land where I have been harassed and embarrassed, I will be promoted and celebrated in Jesus’ name
So Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I hereby put you in charge of the whole land of Egypt.” 42 Then Pharaoh took his signet ring from his finger and put it on Joseph’s finger. He dressed him in robes of fine linen and put a gold chain around his neck. 43 He had him ride in a chariot as his second-in-command, and people shouted before him, “Make way[b]!” Thus he put him in charge of the whole land of Egypt
10. Father, I pray that just like you roll away the reproach of the Israelites by destroying Goliath and his cohorts, you will give victory over the enemies. Lord, take away my reproach in Jesus’ name
1 Samuel 17:26
David spoke to the men who stood by him, saying, “What shall be done to the man who kills this Philistine, and takes away the reproach from Israel? For who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?”
11. Father, I pray that you will fight my battles for me and roll away my reproach. Lord, I pray that you will return the evil of the evil doers on their own head in Jesus’ name
1 Samuel 25:39
When David heard that Nabal was dead, he said, “Blessed is the LORD, who has pleaded the cause of my reproach from the hand of Nabal, and has kept back his servant from evil. the LORD has returned the evildoing of Nabal on his own head.” David sent and spoke concerning Abigail, to take her to him as wife
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
To be a part of the corporate prayers, stream live on our website from Monday 3rd October to 6th October, 2022 from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, October 7th, 2022 for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Website, Facebook or Twitter YouTube Page.
Are you interested in being a member of BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. . Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.