Pray For The Grace To Run The Race Lawfully And Patiently
Pray For The Grace To Run The Race Lawfully And Patiently
Today, we will be praying for the grace to run the race lawfully and patiently. We are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses who have completed their race. They are encouraging us to keep on running the race with patience and to get rid of everything that may want to hinder us (Hebrews 12:1). The race requires perseverance because we have a cross to carry. Jesus told us that we have to carry our cross daily and this required self denial. I pray that as we run this race, God will give us the grace to finish well in Jesus’ name.
Apostle Paul started his race late. There was a time he was busy persecuting the church. However, when Jesus appeared to him, he started the race instantly and God granted him speed. In 2 Timothy 4:7, he said, ”I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” Paul knew when he completed the race. He acknowledged that he fought a good fight and not a bad fight. God also gave Apostle Paul the grace to keep the faith despite all the challenges he faced along the way as he ran the race. I pray that God will also keep you and give you the grace to finish strong in Jesus’ name.
Run The Race And Finish Strong
The Galatians started their race well but they did not finish well. In the address of Apostle Paul to them in Galatians 5:7, he said, “You were running a good race. Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth?” At some point the Galatians stopped obeying the truth. Lot’s wife also started the race well until she looked back. As a result of this, she became a pillar of salt. As you run the race, you are not supposed to look back. If you consider the Lord’s armor that we are fighting with as believers, there is no provision for the back. Anyone who looks back is liable to the attack of the enemy. That is why the scriptures says that anyone who puts his hands on the plough and looks back is not fit for the kingdom of God.
The race requires us to persevere. It is only those who persevere to the end that will receive the crown of life. James 1:2 says, “Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.” Jesus Christ went through this same process. He endured the cross before He wore the crown. The punishment that Jesus went through was so severe that He prayed at a time that the cup should pass over Him. He however submitted to the will of the Father even when all was not rosy.
Eventually, Jesus has been highly exalted and given a name that is above every other name. This is the portion of those who endures the race to the end. I pray that God will give us the grace to run the race in Jesus’ name.
- Father, I pray for the grace to run the race that you have set before me, lawfully and patiently. I throw off everything that hinders and sin that so easily entangles in Jesus’ name. I pray for the grace to run the race that is marked out for me with perseverance in Jesus’ name
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us
2. Father, I pray for the grace to fight the good fight and to finish my race. Lord, I pray for the grace to keep the faith in Jesus’ name
2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
3. Father, I pray that I will continue with the good race and I will not stop obeying the truth in Jesus’ name
You were running a good race. Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth?
4. Father, I pray for the grace to run with the vision and the revelation you have given to me. I pray for the grace to finish the race strong in Jesus’ name
Then the LORD replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.
5. Father, I pray that as I put my hope in you, you will renew my strength. Lord, I pray that I will soar on wings like eagles and run and not grow weary. I pray that I will walk and not be faint in Jesus’ name.
“But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
6. Father, I pray for the grace to persevere under trial. I pray for the grace to stand the test until I receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised
Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
7. Father, I pray that I will not only race with men but I will race with horses and not grow weary. I receive the supernatural strength to run the race ahead of me in Jesus’ name
“If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in safe country, how will you manage in the thickets by the Jordan?
8. Father, I pray that I will charge like warriors and scale walls like soldiers in Jesus’ name. I pray that I will match in line and not deviate from my calling. Lord, I pray that you will give me the grace not to swerve from my course in Jesus’ name
They charge like warriors, they scale walls like soldiers. They all march in line, not swerving from their course.
9. Father, I pray for the grace to stand firm to the end in Jesus’ name. I pray that I will not lose my salvation
But the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
10. Father, I pray that I will advance against a troop with your help. Lord, I pray that you will give me supernatural strength to scale a wall and every hurdle before me in Jesus’ name
With your help I can advance against a troop ; with my God I can scale a wall.
11. Father, I pray that you will give me the grace to run in the path of your commands. Lord, I pray that you will broaden my understanding in Jesus’ name
I run in the path of your commands, for you have broadened my understanding.
12. Father, I pray for the grace to run the race until I obtain the prize. Lord, I pray for the grace to compete with strict training so that I can get a crown that lasts forever. I pray for the grace not to run aimlessly or to fight like a boxer that is beating the air. I pray for the grace to put my body under subjection so that I will not be disqualified for the prize
1 Corinthians 9:24-27
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
13. Father, I pray that you will give me the grace to outrun those who have gone ahead of me in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that you will grant me a supernatural speed.
2 Samuel 18:23
He said, “Come what may, I want to run.” So Joab said, “Run!” Then Ahimaaz ran by way of the plain and outran the Cushite.
Early Morning Cry
Would you like to be a part of the corporate prayers during this 100 Days fasting and prayer?If yes, join us for the Early Morning Cry starting from Monday 2nd January to 11th April, 2023 from 5am to 6am MST. Watch Live through the Church’s Website, Facebook , Twitter or YouTube Page.
Would you like to be a member of BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. . Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.