Pray That The Lord Will Give You A Good Helpmate
Pray That The Lord Will Give You A Good Helpmate
Today, we will pray that the Lord will give us a good helpmate. God does not want man to be alone. The scripture says, “And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him. (Genesis 2:18 –NKJV)” God said it is not good for a man to be alone. However, He did not create another man for the man. He created a helper comparable to him, and that helper was a woman. God created a woman to complement the man. There was a sentence that was repeated several times in the first chapter of Genesis. The sentence reads, “And God saw that it was good.” This was repeated several times as God progressively completed the work of creation.
However, there was only one thing that God said was not good. He said “it is not good for a man to be alone.” He said that He will make him a helper suitable for him. Truly, women are suitable helpmates to men. Without the women there would have been no procreation. If God had created another man for the man, the whole world would have become stagnant today because two men cannot procreate. A woman is a good helpmate to a man. No wonder Proverbs 18:22 (NIV) says, “He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord.”
The Lord Will Give You A Good Helpmate
Women are very important in our world and they have the capacity to multiply whatever you give to them. If you give them peace they will give you paradise. When a husband gives his wife spermatozoa, she gives him children. Women are multipliers. Ecclesiastes 4:9 (NIV) says, “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor.” When you have a good helpmate, you should actually achieve more. When one is chasing a thousand, two shall chase ten thousand Proverbs 12:4 (NIV) says, “A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.” Wives are crowns to their husbands if they have a noble character.
Men need to pray for great helpmates. At the same time, our men should learn to be great and loving husbands also. Husbands need to pray for their wives that they will constantly be led by the Holy Spirit. Wives are influential. They have so much influence in the home and they can influence their husbands either positively or negatively. God told Adam not to eat the fruit of knowledge of good or evil. However, Eve gave him a counter suggestion and he listened to her. He disobeyed God and obeyed his wife. Abraham listened to her wife, Sarah, when she suggested Hagar to him.
Pray That God Will Fortify Your Wife
Meanwhile, God had told him that he will have the promised child through Sarah. This shows how influential our women are. We need to constantly pray for them that God will lead them and shield them from the attack of the devil so that they can be good helpmates. If you are a man, you need to pray for your wife that she will be a good helpmate. If you are a woman, you need to pray for yourself that you will be a good helpmate to your husband.
- Father, I pray for all those who are trusting you for a good helpmate that you will give them a suitable and good helpmate in Jesus’ name. I pray for every wife that they will be a great helpmate in Jesus’ name.
Genesis 2:18 (NKJV)
And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”
2. Father, I pray that through the agreement of my helpmate and I, we will have a good return for our labor in Jesus’ name.
Ecclesiastes 4:9 (NIV)
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor:
3. Father, I pray for all the men that are trusting you for good wives that you will favor them in Jesus’ name. I pray for the ladies that all the virtues required of a virtuous woman will be found in them in Jesus’ name.
Proverbs 18:22 (NIV)
He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord.
4. Father, I pray that our women will be of noble character and they will not be like disgraceful wives that bring decay into the bones. Lord, give our men good helpmates in Jesus’ name.
Proverbs 12:4 (NIV)
A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones
5. Father, I pray that the devil will lose his grip over our homes in Jesus’ name. I pray that our wives will not be misled by the devil. They will be great helpmates to their husband in Jesus’ name..
Genesis 3:6 (NIV)
When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.
6. Father, I pray that you will preserve our women and constantly guide them by the power of the Holy Spirit. They will be good helpmates in Jesus’ name. I pray that our women will not be deceived by the devil in Jesus’ name.
Genesis 3:13 (NIV)
Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
Pray That The Holy Spirit Will Influence Our Women
7. Father, I pray for our women that they will be a positive influence to their husbands. They will not give wrong advice in Jesus’ name. Holy Spirit, I pray that you will guide them in all their decisions in Jesus’ name.
Genesis 16:2 (NIV)
“So she said to Abram, “The Lord has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my slave; perhaps I can build a family through her.” Abram agreed to what Sarai said.”
8. Father, I pray that you give our women the heart of Ruth in Jesus’ name. I pray that they will be good helpmates that have a positive influence on their homes in Jesus’ name. I pray that they will be supportive through thick and thin.
Ruth 1:15-16 (NIV)
Look,” said Naomi, “your sister-in-law is going back to her people and her gods. Go back with her.” 16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.
9. Father, I pray that our women will be of noble characters and their worth will be far more than rubies. They will be a great helpmate in Jesus’ name.
Proverbs 31:10 (NIV)
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
10. Father, I pray that our women will bring good and not harm to their household all the days of their lives in Jesus’ name. They will be great helpmates and their husband will have full confidence in them in Jesus’ name.
Proverbs 31:11-12 (NIV)
Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life
11. Father, I pray that our women will be hardworking and very industrious in Jesus’ name.
Proverbs 31:13-14 (NIV)
She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.14 She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar
Pray That God Will Bless The Women With Wisdom
12. Father, I pray that you will bless our women with wisdom to manage their homes well in Jesus’ name. I pray that our women will be great helpmates.
Proverbs 31:15 (NIV)
She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants
13. Father, I pray that our women will set about their work vigorously and their arms will be strong for their task in Jesus’ name. I pray that they will be good helpmates
Proverbs 31:16-17 (NIV)
She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.17 She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
14. Father, I pray that our women will be generous and they will open their arms to the poor and extend their hands to the needy in Jesus’ name. I pray that our women will be full of the Spirit of God and they will care for their household in Jesus’ name.
Proverbs 31:20-21 (NIV)
She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. 21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet
15. Father, I pray that our men will be proud of their wives because they will bring them honor in Jesus’ name. I pray that our homes and marriages will be heavens on earth in Jesus’ name.
Proverbs 31:23 (NIV)
Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
16. Father, I pray that our women will watch over the affairs of their household and they will not eat the bread of idleness in Jesus’ name. I pray that their children will arise and call them blessed. Their husband will also praise them in Jesus’ name.
Proverbs 31:27-28 (NIV)
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. 28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
To be a part of the corporate prayers, stream live on our website from 30th September to 6th October, 2023 from 5am MST to 6am MST. Also join us online between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, 6th October, 2023 for our Night of Divine Encounter through our Church’s Website or through our Facebook, Twitter page or YouTube channel.
Are you interested in being a member of BKCC? Fill out this form “I’m New” and we will reach out to you. Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out this form ” volunteer” and we will get in touch with you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session of our website and see how you can support. You can also share your testimony by sending an email to [email protected]
Check Out NODE Instructions: