Pray For The Grace to Walk In Dominion Over Sin
Night of Divine Encounter (NODE) 4th Edition, Day 3- Pray for The Grace to Walk In Dominion Over Sin - September 27th, 2021. Theme: Walking In Dominion
Walking In Dominion Over Sin
Jesus Christ has given us dominion over sin. The ultimate goal of sin is to separate man from God eternally. The aim of sin is to soil the relationship between man and God. Sin is defined as being “Satanic In Nature.” Among all the creations of God, man was the last to be created. Despite the fact that man was the last to be created, God gave man dominion over everything He had created. However, when man sinned, man willingly handed over his authority to Satan.
As a result of the downfall of man sin entered the world and started having dominion over man. Over 2000 years ago, God sent His Son Jesus Christ in human form to reconcile man to Himself. Since then, we have victory over sin and the consequences of sin. In Romans 6:14, Apostle Paul summarized this experience. He said, ‘Sin will not have dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.”
Today, as a believer, we have victory over sin and over Satan, the father of all sinners. We are no longer slaves to sin. Eureka! Sin is no longer our master. We have a new Master, the Holy Spirit. We are now the sons of God. Our new story is summarized in 1 John 5:4 which says, “For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.”
We will be praying to exercise our dominion over sin
- Thank God for giving you dominion over sin. Bless God because you are no longer a slave to sin. In Jesus’ name we have prayed.
2 Corinthians 2:14
“Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.”
2. Father, you promised us in your Word that sin will not have dominion over me since I am not under law but under grace. I exercise my dominion over sin today and I pray that sin will no longer dominate me. In Jesus’ name I pray
Romans 6:14 (ESV)
“For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.”
3. Pray for those who are still under the bondage of sin that God will open their eyes. And they will turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God. Pray that they will receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in God. In Jesus’ name we pray.
“To open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.’
4. Pray that God will establish your footsteps in His Word and He will not let iniquity to have dominion over you. In Jesus’ name we pray.
Establish my footsteps in Your word, and do not let any iniquity have dominion over me.
5. Pray that God will keep you from presumptuous sins and that they will not rule over you. Pray that you will be blameless and shall be acquitted of great transgression. In Jesus’ name we pray.
Also keep back Your servant from presumptuous sins; Let them not rule over me; Then I will be blameless, and I shall be acquitted of great transgression.
6. Father, I pray that I will be perfect just as you are perfect. In Jesus’ name I pray
“Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.”
7. Lord, I pray that sin will not reign in my mortal body. I pray that I will not obey it in its lusts and I will not present my members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin. Instead, I pray that I will constantly present myself to God as being alive from the dead and my members as instruments of righteousness to God. In Jesus’ name I pray
“Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.”
8. Lord, I pray that I will be awake to righteousness and I will not sin. In Jesus’ name I pray
1 Corinthians 15:34
“Awake to righteousness, and do not sin.”
9. Father, I pray for the grace to put to death my members which are on the earth. I come against the spirit of fornication, uncleanness, evil desire and covetousness which is idolatry. In Jesus’ name I pray.
“Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.”
10. Lord, I pray that just as Jesus Christ our High Priest was tempted at all points, yet without sin, I will also overcome every form of temptation. I come boldly to the throne of grace according to your Word and I pray that I will always obtain mercy and find grace to help me in time of need. In Jesus’ name I pray
“For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
11. Father, give me the grace to constantly have dominion over sin. I want to follow the example of Jesus who committed no sin nor was deceit found in His mouth. Lord, release that grace upon me today. In Jesus’ name I pray.
1 Peter 2:21-22
“For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps: ‘Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth.’”
12. Father, I pray for the grace to be more diligent to make my call and election sure. I pray that I will never stumble. In Jesus’ name I pray
2 Peter 1:10
“Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble.”
13. Lord, I pray for the grace to always purify myself just as you are pure. In Jesus’ name I pray.
1 John 3:3
“And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.”
14. Father, I pray for the grace to constantly abide in you so that I will never sin. I pray that I will constantly practice righteousness just like God is righteous. In Jesus’ name I pray.
1 John 3:6-7
“Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him. Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.”
Stream live on our website from Monday 27th September to 30th September from 12 noon – 1 pm MST (Prayer Session) and between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, October 1st for our Night of Divine Encounter via this link – Watch Live or through the Church’s Facebook or YouTube Page.
Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Are you a first time visitor to our website and you will like to fellowship with us in BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support.