Praying For The Church Part 1
Day 15: 40 DAYS PRAYER, FASTING AND WORSHIP FEB 3rd to MARCH 14th, 2021. 2021, A YEAR OF NEW BEGINNING - ISAIAH 43:17-19
Short Exhortation About The Church
The Church is not a physical building and the Church is not just one denomination. Church is the body of Christ. The Church is very important in every society because we are the light of the world. It means that without the Church, the world will be in the dark. Matthew 5:14-16 says, “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” As the Church, we need to shine our light for the world to see so that we can draw the world to Christ.
Shine Your Light For The World To See
In the same vein, the Church is also the salt of the earth, and we should not lose our saltiness. Matthew 5:13 says, “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.” If truly we are the salt of the earth, it means without us the earth will be tasteless.
We need to light our candle as a Church and refuse to hide it under a bushel. We need to shine our light for the world to see our good works and glorify our Father in heaven. Lack of unity in the body of Christ can also have a tremendous impact on Church growth. We will be praying for the Church so that our light can keep on shining. As we pray and preach the gospel, we will draw many to Christ.
Matthew 16:18; Matthew 21:13; Matthew 21:12; Matthew 18:20; Romans 12:4-5; Colossians 3:15; 1 Corinthians 3:16; Acts 2:46-47; Ephesians 4:15; 1 Corinthians 3:9; Ephesians 2:19-20; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Romans 16:17; 1 Corinthians 3:17; Jude 1:20-21; 1 Corinthians 12:12; 1 Corinthians 1:9; Acts 2:42; Acts 2:41; 1 Corinthians 3:4-7; 1 Corinthians 11:1; Matthew 5:14-16; Psalm 122:6-9; Matthew 5:13
Prayer Points For The Church
1. Father, we thank you because you’re building your body of Christ, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it in Jesus’ name
“And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.”
2. Lord, we pray that the body of Christ will continually shine her light for the world to see in Jesus’ name. We will not light our lamp and put it under a bushel in Jesus’ name. We pray that our light will draw many to Christ in Jesus’ name and the name of God will be glorified.
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
3. Lord, we pray that due to the impact of the body of Christ in the nations of the world, the world will be peaceful in Jesus’ name. Father, we pray that for the sake of the brethren, the world will experience peace in Jesus’ name. God you said that you will seek the good of Jerusalem because of the house of the Lord,, so, let us experience goodness in all the nations of the world for the sake of the Church in Jesus’ name
“Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you. Peace be within your walls, Prosperity within your palaces.” For the sake of my brethren and companions, I will now say, “Peace be within you.” Because of the house of the Lord our God I will seek your good.”
4. Father, we pray that the Church will not lose his saltiness in Jesus’ name. We pray that the Church will continually be the salt of the earth in Jesus’ name. I pray that the world will not trample the Church under their feet in Jesus’ name.
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.”
5. Lord, we pray that you will drive all those who are buying and selling in the Church of God out in Jesus’ name. We pray that you will revive your Church in Jesus’ name and the altars of prayer will erupt in the Church in Jesus’ name. Let there be fire on our altar in Jesus’ name
“It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.”
Praying That God Will Build His Church
6. Father, we pray that you will drive out all those who are buying and selling in the Church in Jesus’ name. Restore integrity into the Church in Jesus’ name.
“Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.”
7. God we pray, let us always see your presence in the Church in Jesus’ name. You said where two or three gather in your name you are there with them,. Lord, we pray that wherever your name is called genuinely, where Christians are gathered all over the world, let there be a demonstration of your power in Jesus’ name.
“For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.’
8. Lord we pray for the body of Christ all over the world, and we pray against every form of division in Jesus’ name. We pray that as Christians, we will constantly see ourselves as one body in Jesus’ name. We will see the reality that each members belongs to all the others in Jesus’ name
“For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.”
9. Lord, we pray that there will be peace in the body of Christ in Jesus’ name. We pray that the peace of Christ will rule in our hearts in Jesus’ name
“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.”
10. Lord, we pray for all the members of the Church, that we will all come to that reality that we are God’s temple in Jesus’ name.
1 Corinthians 3:16
“Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?”
11. Father, we pray that the kind of unity and sincerity of hearts that was existing in the early Church will be restored to the present Church. Lord, we pray that the Church will enjoy the favour of all the people and you will add to the Church daily, those who are being saved.
“Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.”
12. Lord, we pray that in every respect, the Church will grow to be the mature body of Jesus Christ who is the head of the Church
“Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.”
Connect With Us At BKCC
Are you interested in being a member of BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support. You can also share your testimony by sending an email to [email protected]