Pray For The Grace To Be Merciful
Pray For The Grace To Be Merciful
Today, we will be praying for the grace to be merciful. For you to obtain the mercy of God, you have to be merciful to others. Your tendency to have mercy on others is a prerequisite for also obtaining God’s mercy. It is a law of sowing and reaping. If you sow mercy, you will reap mercy. If you forgive others, you will receive forgiveness. Also, if you have compassion on others, God will also have compassion on you. The Lord’s prayer says, “Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespassed against us.”
The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant
In Matthew 18:21-35, we have the parable of the unforgiving servant. Peter asked Jesus about the number of times we are required to forgive others when they sin against us. Jesus gave him a response to his question. We have two different interpretations of Jesus’ response. The NIV version of the bible says seventy-seven times while the NLT version says four hundred and ninety times. In any case, God expects us to be merciful to others and to forgive them as many times as possible.
Jesus went ahead to tell a parable of a king who forgave one of his servants who had a huge debt. When this servant regained his freedom, he met another man who owed him a small debt. Instead of forgiving the man who owed him a small debt, he insisted that the man must pay at all cost. He went ahead and locked the man in the prison. Those who were aware that this servant had just been forgiven a huge debt reported the case to the king who forgave him. The king was very angry with him and punished him severely for his actions.
Matthew 18:28-30 (NIV) says,
“But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins. He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded. 29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’ 30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.”
We need to forgive others as God has forgiven us also. We need to pray that God will give us the grace to be merciful to others. This is what God expects and demands from us. It is a condition or prerequisite to obtain God’s mercy.
- Father, I thank you for you are merciful and forgiving even when we have rebelled against you. Lord, I pray that you will also give me the grace to be merciful to others in Jesus’ name.
Daniel 9:9 (NIV)
The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him
2. Father, I pray that you will forgive me if I have not shown enough mercy to others when they need it. Lord, I repent today and pray for the grace to be merciful to others in Jesus’ name.
Matthew 18:32-34 (NIV)
Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.
3. Father, I pray that you will open my eyes and my heart to understand the concept of mercy in Jesus’ name. Lord, I receive the grace to be merciful to others in Jesus’ name.
Matthew 9:13 (NIV)
4. Father, I thank you because you are merciful. Lord, I thank you because you will not abandon or destroy me or forget the covenant you made to my ancestors which you confirmed by oath. God, I pray for the grace to also be merciful to others in Jesus’ name.
Deuteronomy 4:31 (NIV)
For the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your ancestors, which he confirmed to them by oath.
5. Father, I thank you because you are the merciful and faithful High Priest. Thank you Lord for making atonement for my sins. Lord, I pray for the grace to be merciful to others in Jesus’ name.
Hebrews 2:17-18 (NIV)
For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
Pray For The Grace To Be Compassionate
6. Father, I pray that you will give me the grace to be faithful to the truth. I pray for the grace to continue in your truth and to be merciful to others in Jesus’ name.
3 John 1:3 (NIV)
It gave me great joy when some believers came and testified about your faithfulness to the truth, telling how you continue to walk in it.
7. Father, I pray for the grace to clothe myself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. God, I pray for the grace to be merciful to others in Jesus’ name.
Colossians 3:12 (NIV)
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
8. Father, I thank you because you are gracious and compassionate. Lord, I thank you because you are a God of justice. God, I pray that you will give me your nature so that I will be merciful to others in Jesus’ name.
Isaiah 30:18 (NIV)
Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. for the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!
9. Father, I pray that you will forgive me and have mercy on me.If there is any way I have not shown mercy to others, Lord help me to reflect and repent in Jesus’ name. God, I pray for the grace to always be merciful to others in Jesus’ name.
Proverbs 28:13 (NIV)
Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
To be a part of the corporate prayers, stream live on our website from 28th October to 3rd November, 2023 from 5am MST to 6am MST. Also join us online between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, 3rd November, 2023 for our Night of Divine Encounter through our Church’s Website or through our Facebook, Twitter page or YouTube channel.
Are you interested in being a member of BKCC? Fill out this form “I’m New” and we will reach out to you. Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out this form ” volunteer” and we will get in touch with you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session of our website and see how you can support. You can also share your testimony by sending an email to [email protected]
Check Out NODE Instructions: