Pray That Mercy Will Triumph Over Judgment
Pray That Mercy Will Triumph Over Judgment
Today, we will pray that mercy will triumph over judgment. When Adam and Eve sinned against God, although God judged them, He still covered their nakedness. As God was rolling out the punishment for the human race, He was also proffering the solution to the problem. God already mentioned that the seed of the woman will bruise the head of the serpent. That prophecy was about Jesus Christ who will pay the supreme price for our sins. This verse shows that mercy prevailed over judgment.
God is not a wicked God. When He saw the wickedness of the city of Nineveh, He spoke to Jonah to cry out and preach to the city. He did not want them to perish but to repent and turn to Him. In this case also, we realized that mercy prevailed over judgment. When Jonah preached to the city, they repented and turned from their wicked ways and God had mercy on them. Our God is a loving God. He is slow to anger and swift to bless. His steadfast love endures forever.
When that woman was caught where she was committing adultery, she was brought to Jesus. While all the people who brought her were shouting judgment, Jesus was showing mercy. They all took up their stones willing to stone her to death, but Jesus Christ out of His tender mercy delivered the adulterous woman from her accusers. In this woman’s case, mercy also triumphed over judgment. Jesus dispersed all the woman’s accusers and He told her to go and sin no more.
David and Paul Obtained God’s Mercy
David, a man after God’s heart committed a grievous offence. He committed a murder and adultery by cunningly taking the wife of Uriah. He also killed Uriah in the process. Although our God is just and He punished David for his sins, God still forgave him and established his throne forever. In this case of David, mercy triumphed over judgment.
Paul was a man who persecuted the church. Such a man actually deserved death and not mercy. However, Jesus appeared to him and saved him by His mercy. Paul, who was a persecutor, later became a great preacher. The mercy of God saved him and he even did greater exploits than all other Apostles. In Paul’s case, mercy also triumphed over judgment.
You and I need God’s mercy. Many of us are not worthy to approach God’s throne of grace but for God’s mercy. As we pray today, I pray that God will show us His mercy and God’s mercy will triumph over judgment in Jesus’ name.
- Father, I pray that you will show me your mercy. Lord, I pray that you will not consider my shortcomings but you will allow mercy to triumph over judgment in my case in Jesus’ name.
James 2:13 (NIV)
“Because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
2. Father, I pray that you will have mercy on me in whichever way I have come short of your glory. Lord, I decree that I will prosper in Jesus’ name. Father, please show me your love and let mercy triumph over judgment in Jesus’ name.
Proverbs 28:13 (NLT)
People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy.
3. Father, I pray that you will hear my cry and pay attention to my prayer in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that in my case, mercy will triumph over judgment in Jesus’ name.
Psalms 130:1-2 (NLT)
From the depths of despair, O Lord, I call for your help. 2 Hear my cry, O Lord. pay attention to my prayer.
4. Father, I pray that you will not be slow about your promise over my life in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that you will search my heart and if there is any inequity found in me, you will give me the grace to turn to you and I will receive your mercy in Jesus’ name.
2 Peter 3:9 (NLT)
The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.
5. Father, I pray that your faithful love over my life will not end in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that your mercies over me will not cease. Father, I pray that I will experience your faithfulness and your new mercies each morning everyday of my life in Jesus’ name.
The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. 23 Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.
Pray That Mercy Will Triumph Over Judgement In Your Life
6. Father, I thank you because you are the God who pardons my guilt and overlooks my sins. Lord, I pray that you will not stay angry with me but you will delightfully show me love. Father, I pray that you will have compassion on me and trample my sins under your feet. Lord, I pray that you will throw my sins to the depth of the ocean in Jesus’ name.
Micah 7:18-19 (NLT)
Where is another God like you, who pardons the guilt of the remnant, overlooking the sins of his special people? You will not stay angry with your people forever, because you delight in showing unfailing love. 19 Once again you will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean!
7. Father, I thank you for your love. Lord, I thank you for saving me and rescuing me from death. pray that your mercy will always triumph over judgment in my life in Jesus’ name.
John 3:16 (NLT)
For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life
8. Father. I pray that you will save me and rescue me from the clutches of sin. Lord, I pray that mercy will triumph over judgment in my life in Jesus’ name.
Ephesians 2:4-5 (NLT)
But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, 5 that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!)
9. Father, I pray that by your mercy you will be my Shepherd and you will constantly direct and guide me in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that you will open my eyes to understand your teachings in Jesus’ name.
Mark 6:34 (NLT)
Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.
10. Father, I pray that as my High Priest, you will deliver me from my weaknesses in Jesus’ name, I pray that I will not be the devil’s prey. I receive the boldness to approach the throne of our gracious God in Jesus’ name. Lord, let me receive mercy and find grace to help in my time of need in Jesus’ name.
Hebrews 4:14-16 (NLT)
So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. 15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. 16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
To be a part of the corporate prayers, stream live on our website from 28th October to 3rd November, 2023 from 5am MST to 6am MST. Also join us online between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, 3rd November, 2023 for our Night of Divine Encounter through our Church’s Website or through our Facebook, Twitter page or YouTube channel.
Are you interested in being a member of BKCC? Fill out this form “I’m New” and we will reach out to you. Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out this form ” volunteer” and we will get in touch with you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session of our website and see how you can support. You can also share your testimony by sending an email to [email protected]
Check Out NODE Instructions: