Thank God For His Mercies
Thank God For His Mercies
Today, we will be thanking God for His mercies. What is mercy? Mercy is compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one’s power to punish or harm. One of the ways to receive God’s mercy is to be merciful. We need to thank God for showing us mercy as we have also decided to be merciful to others.
God is gracious and compassionate and we need to thank Him for His mercies. By God’s mercies we have received the forgiveness of our sins. Through the mercies of God, we are not judged as we deserve. When David sinned against God by taking census when he was not supposed to do so, God decided to punish Him. God gave him three options: Three years of famine, or three months of devastation by the sword of his enemies, or three days of a pestilence on the land. David chose the third option and seventy thousand people died as an angel of death passed through the land.
David chose the third option because he believed that it is better to fall into the hands of God because He is great in mercy. Truly, when he cried unto God, the plague stopped. God is slow to anger and He is rich in mercy. He is slow to chide and swift to bless. His love endures forever. By His mercy He sent Jesus Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
Jesus is Rich in Mercy
Jesus is rich in mercy. He showed mercy to many during His earthly ministry. The woman caught in adultery was a product of His mercy. She would have been stoned to death if Jesus did not intervene. He healed several people by His mercies. Even on Sabbath days, he healed several people by His mercies despite the fact that the Pharisees and Saducees were against it.
During the crucifixion of Jesus He demonstrated His merciful nature. He was rejected, persecuted, abandoned and condemned by the people He came to save and die for. They maltreated Him and dehumanized Him yet He prayed for them at the point of death by saying that God should forgive them. How can we ever quantify God’s mercy? It is unquantifiable. He gives rain to both the righteous and the wicked. He gives sinners a lifetime opportunity to repent. Today, as we pray, we will thank God for His mercies and express our gratitude to Him.
- Father, I thank you for showing me mercy. Lord, I thank you for your mercies
Matthew 5:7 (NIV)
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
2. Father, I thank you for being gracious and compassionate to me. Lord, I thank you because you are slow to anger and rich in love
Psalm 145:8 (NIV)
The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.
3. Father, I thank you because you are good to all. Lord, I thank you for having compassion on all you have made. God, I thank you for your mercies
Psalm 145:9 (NIV)
The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.
4. Father, I thank you for your love towards me. Lord, I thank you because you are rich in mercy. I thank you Lord for saving me by your mercy when I was dead in transgressions. God, I thank you for your mercies
Ephesians 2:4-5 (NIV)
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.
5. Father, I thank you for your mercy over me that prevails over judgment . God, I thank you for your mercies
James 2:13 (NIV)
because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
6. Father, I thank you for having mercy and compassion on me. God, i bless you for your mercies
Romans 9:15 (NIV)
For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.
Thank God For His Mercies Endures Forever
7. Father, I thank you for you are good and your love endures forever
1 Chronicles 16:34 (NIV)
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
8. Father, I thank you for your great mercy has given me a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
1 Peter 1:3 (NIV)
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
9. Father, I thank you because your mercy is great. Lord, I thank you for having compassion on me by your mercies.
2 Samuel 24:14 (NIV)
David said to Gad, “I am in deep distress. Let us fall into the hands of the Lord, for his mercy is great; but do not let me fall into human hands.”
10. Father, I thank you because you are good and your love endures forever. Lord, I thank you for your faithfulness that continues through all generations. God, I thank you for your mercies
Psalm 100:5 (NIV)
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
11. Father, I thank you because there is no God like you who pardons sins and forgives transgression. Lord, please have mercy on me. Tread my sins underfoot and hurl my iniquities into the depths of the sea in Jesus’ name
Micah 7:18-19 (NIV)
Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. 19 You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.
12. Father, I thank you for your mercy endures to those who fear you from generation to generation. God, I thank you for your mercies. .
Luke 1:50 (NIV)
His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation.
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
To be a part of the corporate prayers, stream live on our website from 28th October to 3rd November, 2023 from 5am MST to 6am MST. Also join us online between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, 3rd November, 2023 for our Night of Divine Encounter through our Church’s Website or through our Facebook, Twitter page or YouTube channel.
Are you interested in being a member of BKCC? Fill out this form “I’m New” and we will reach out to you. Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out this form ” volunteer” and we will get in touch with you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session of our website and see how you can support. You can also share your testimony by sending an email to [email protected]
Check Out NODE Instructions: