Pray For The Grace To Always Submit To God
Pray For The Grace To Always Submit To God
Today, we will pray for the grace to always submit to God. One of the ways to walk in dominion and to exercise our spiritual authority effectively is to submit to God’s authority. Jesus Christ received a name that is above all other names due to His total submission to God. When you submit totally to God’s authority, sickness and demons will also submit to your authority. The law of sowing and reaping is applicable to spiritual authority. If you are the type who habitually disobeys constituted authority, you can not exercise your spiritual authority effectively.
You don’t have the capacity to resist the devil until you have totally submitted to God’s authority. James 4:7 says, “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” If we look at the order of this scripture, you will realize that you have to first submit yourself to God. After submitting to God, you can resist the devil, and the devil will flee. If you are not the type who constantly submit to God, the devil will not submit to your authority also. The seven sons of Sceva were not in total submission to God, When they tried to cast out demons, the demons resisted them and pounced on them. The demons did not recognize their authority. This is the reason why the unbelievers can not cast out demons. You need to obey God’s authority for the forces of darkness to obey your authority.
You Need To Submit To Constituted Authority
Also, you need to obey the authority constituted by God. This could be the authority in your organization, the Church’s authority, the kings’ authority or the authority of the political leaders. You need to also obey the authority in the family. The man is the constituted authority in the family. Disobedience to constituted authority will make the devil to also disobey your authority. The only time you are permitted to disobey the constituted authority is if the authority flagrantly disobeys God’s authority. God’s authority is supreme to any other authority. You have to submit to God’s will as He commands us to obey the constituted authority. Luke 22:42 says, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” Here, we realized that Jesus Christ had his own will, Yet, He submitted to God’s will.
Although the scriptures encourage the wives to submit to their husbands, they must also recognize that God is the superior authority. Peradventure, Saphirra submitted to Ananias’ authority when they lied to the Holy Spirit. The couple lied about the amount they sold their land. They pretended to have given all the proceeds to God. We are not really clear who brought the suggestion among the spouse that they should lie. However, they were both punished for lying to the Holy Spirit.
God’s Authority Is Superior To Human’s Authority
We have records of those who disobeyed constituted authority in order to obey God’s authority. Daniel disobeyed the king’s authority by praying to God three times daily not minding that he would be thrown into the loins’ den. The three Hebrews disobeyed the king’s authority by refusing to worship the idol that the king fashioned, not minding that the king would throw them into the fiery furnace. God’s authority is superior to human’s authority.
The bible talks about the weapons of our warfare as believers in 2 Corinthians 10:4-6. We realized from the scripture that God can only punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete. You can only come against principalities and power and demolish strongholds and arguments once your obedience is complete. Therefore, we need to pray for the grace to always submit totally to God.
- Father, I pray for the grace to submit myself totally to you. I pray that as I submit to you, I will resist the devil and he will flee from me in Jesus’ name.
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
2. Father, I pray for the grace to submit totally to your will and to your way in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that you will empower me to do your will in Jesus’ name
“Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”
3. Father, I pray for the grace to humble myself under your mighty hand. Lord, I pray that as I humble myself, you will lift me up in Jesus’ name
1 Peter 5:6
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
4. Father, I pray that your Holy Spirit will teach me how to obey you in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray for the grace to always submit to you
Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered.
5. Father, I pray that my mind will not be governed by the flesh in Jesus’ name. I pray for the grace to always submit to God’s laws.
The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.
Pray For The Grace To Submit To God’s Authority
6. Father, I pray for the grace to submit to God and be at peace with him. I pray that prosperity will always come to me as I submit to God in Jesus’ name.
“Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you.
7. Father, I pray for the grace to submit to every human authority for your sake. I pray for the grace to submit to kings and to governors and those in authority in accordance with your commands in Jesus’ name
1 Peter 2:13-14
Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.
8. Father, I pray for the grace to submit to the constituted authority out of reverence for you. Lord, I pray that you will give the wives the grace to always submit to their husbands as God commands in Jesus’ name. I also pray that the Church of God in BKCC will receive the grace to completely submit to Christ in everything.
Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. 22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.
9. Father, I pray that you will give every woman in BKCC the grace to submit to their husbands in accordance with the Word of God.
1 Peter 3:5-6
For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, 6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.
10. Father, I pray for the grace not to do anything out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. I pray for the grace to work in humility and to value others above myself in Jesus’ name. I pray for the grace to have the mindset of Christ and to always work in humility.
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. 5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross! 9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth.
11. Father, I pray for the grace to completely obey you in Jesus’ name. Lord, I pray that you will punish every act of disobedience as my obedience is complete in Jesus’ name. I pray for the grace to submit to God’s authority.
2 Corinthians 10:4-6
The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.
Be A Part of Night of Divine Encounter
To be a part of the corporate prayers, stream live on our website from Saturday 29th July to 4th August, 2023 from 5am MST to 6am MST. Also join us online between 7 pm -10 pm MST on Friday, August 4th, 2023 for our Night of Divine Encounter through our Church’s Website or through our Facebook, Twitter page or YouTube channel.
Are you interested in being a member of BKCC? Fill out the form in “I’m New” session and we will reach out to you. Will you like to serve by volunteering in BKCC? Fill out the form in our volunteer session and we will get in touch with you. Will you like to support the work of God in BKCC? Visit the “Give” session and see how you can support. You can also share your testimony by sending an email to [email protected]
Check Out NODE Instructions: